PDA

View Full Version : Petition to unlock homestead missions

Trooper0606
11-03-2012, 11:12 PM
This is a formal petition to have the ability to complete missed homestead missions.

Where to begin...? Well, I just started sequence 7 and was finding it odd that my artisans are all level 1 still. I should give some backstory, I purchased the game at launch and have soaked a good 30 hrs in to meticulously completing every possible quest. Well apparently I should not have played sequence 5 straight through as now I have no hope of ever leveling my woodworker. I consider this to be an asinine game mechanic that takes freedom away from the player ( in a sandbox game no less). Because I purchased the game right away I could not benefit from searching the online community in hopes to be forewarned of this flaw. I now stand to lose all 30 hrs if I decide to restart the entire game ( the only way to "properly" complete all homestead missions). I will then have to replay the 4 ( let's just say lacking in quality) sequences before I am able to remedy " my error".

Due to this "use it or lose it" type of story mechanic I will stop playing this or any other ubisoft sponsored/ developed game. I only hope that,by creating this thread, someone else will be able to avoid this problem. In a perfect world, ubisoft would create a patch to remedy this horrible decision. However, I know the limitations of one man against a corporation and I can only hope that enough people share my concern to elicit a response. I understand arguments can be made that I'm wasting my time by playing a video game to begin with yet, for me, it's a hobby I enjoy. What I will not do is restart a game in order to fully complete it because of inherent design flaws. That, my friends, is a waste of time.

Thank you for any responses and hopefully,keeping this thread relevant to the masses and the company.

JonnyisNQ
11-03-2012, 11:19 PM
This thread is pointless, if you don't complete all homestead missions when they are supposed to be completed its not a big deal, all of those missions become unlocked once you complete the story, I myself had no idea the benefits of completing the missions so I just ignored them and done the main story, I'v now went back to my homestead and completed all the missions to get 100%, its not an issue and it in no way requires you to go starting up petitions lol.

Trooper0606
11-03-2012, 11:42 PM
I have read several complaints online that once people finished the story the homestead missions all disappear and therefore can never be started/ finished

JonnyisNQ
11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
That is because this game has clearly been rushed, this is not a design flaw that requires fixed, its a bug and this game is full of them, once you finish the story all homestead missions will become unlocked, if they are not its just a bug with your game unfortunately, everyone is experiencing different bugs, they urgently need to release a patch.

o GrizzlyBear x
11-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Why can't I do anymore homestead missions but the first one?

I didn't realise I had to do missions when I was going through the game so I've completed the whole game now and noticed the mission, so I did it and then it told me there is other missions but there isn't any for me to do at all.

The13Doctors
11-04-2012, 01:53 AM
You have to do all missions in order, for good reason too. I only understood Homestead Missions after Sequence 11 and looked EVERYWHERE for one. Finally found one in New York, from there I got the follow up mission, and the follow up mission for that one, and another, and another, etc. You can't ave them all available at once because some cutscenes in the missions have characters in them which as you can guess you have to have already unlocked.

Trust me, I freaked out when I read you can't go back and do them until I found the one in New York and all others after it. Now I've got a full town and everyone is level 2+ (3 average). Just remember, you won't be able to see the mission icon if you aren't in the location you are looking in so you must check the map in each location to find it. Keep looking for it, you'll find it soon.

o GrizzlyBear x
11-04-2012, 01:54 AM
You have to do all missions in order, for good reason too. I only understood Homestead Missions after Sequence 11 and looked EVERYWHERE for one. Finally found one in New York, from there I got the follow up mission, and the follow up mission for that one, and another, and another, etc. You can't ave them all available at once because some cutscenes in the missions have characters in them which as you can guess you have to have already unlocked.

Trust me, I freaked out when I read you can't go back and do them until I found the one in New York and all others after it. Now I've got a full town and everyone is level 2+ (3 average). Just remember, you won't be able to see the mission icon if you aren't in the location you are looking in so you must check the map in each location to find it. Keep looking for it, you'll find it soon.

Must be why, I thought they were only limited to inside the homestead, cheers!

Btw, you don't happen to know how I'd be able to reduce my notoriety in the frontier, would you?

The13Doctors
11-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Must be why, I thought they were only limited to inside the homestead, cheers!

Btw, you don't happen to know how I'd be able to reduce my notoriety in the frontier, would you?
I've actually got an issue with that as well. It's a bit harder as there's no Crier's in the Frontier which are easy to find but there are some posters on trees. When you see a convoy check the route they walk on, occasionally there will be a Wanted poster somewhere on their routine. Also near the small towns around the Frontier you'll occasionally find a poster.

GunnarGunderson
11-04-2012, 05:06 AM
I have read several complaints online that once people finished the story the homestead missions all disappear and therefore can never be started/ finished

Well I just did all of the homestead missions today and I beat the game 4 days ago

A Rabid Ewok
11-04-2012, 05:13 AM
i say they should be in order but without regards to what sequence you are on.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:19 AM
I just ate the whale.

Mr.Dirk96
12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, it appears this is just a glitchy achievement to unlock. Even with all the entries filled, it doesnít always seem to register. This is a progress recording issue, and there doesnít appear to be a good solution to fix the problem yet. Hopefully Ubisoft will issue a patch soon. Iíll keep my eye out for another solution, but it doesnít appear loading a previous save will help in this case.

Faintofhearts86
01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Well considering the only way to level your artisans "which you need to make better items and upgrades for yourself" is to complete those missions at the right sequence at the right point in the game otherwise they don't level. I've completed at least a handful of these missions and all my artisans are still at level 1. I don't know whether this is a bug or if the game just laughing at me saying "thats what you get for not completing the game the way we expected you to, even though we never even so much as a hint about the correct way to complete these missions". This isn't a pointless thread, Id say he touched a very valid issue.

deadpandave
01-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Just to add my own note to this (first time on the forums, too).....

I've completed the game. Done all the animus pivots extra. Then completed the Naval section. All throughout the game, I'd been keeping an eye out for Homestead quests as I quite like building up my own little community away from the normal game missions. However, I found that, once completing the game - I couldn't find a single homestead mission. The last one, completed just recently, was catching the burglar and then stopping the two fighting lumber guys. On trying to produce stuff (trying to take the time to do it now, as I never really understood it before) I noticed that I didn't have Big Dave.

I had to search the forums on where I could find him, and then travelled to the Frontier - but couldn't find him in the location that the walkthroughs advised. As someone suggested above, some of the missions appear in the Cities - so I headed onto New York and then Boston where I then searched the map and found the miner (the icon being hidden under the fast travel and frontiersman icons).

HOPEFULLY, this will now get me back on track with the homestead missions. Will be disappointing if I can't fully complete the missions though, as others have mentioned. Still, moral of the story, for those that can't find any missions - have a good look around the cities too, particularly as you often need to be IN the city before the missions appear.

Sindr0me0fADown
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
This is why i checked the homestead, frontier, boston, and new york after every single sequence.... then again, i've always been one to go for the crafting portion of games.......

wiksmaster
01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Like many others, I only found out about and understood homestead missions during later in the game, currently I'm in sequence 7. I saw many complaints that the homestead missions could only be completed during that particular sequence so I thought I would have to complete the main missions in order to unlock the homestead missions from previous sequences. But last night, I realized the sequence 5 and 6 homestead missions were available. Did the december patch address this? Do I need to worry anymore about only getting, for example sequence 7 homestead missions during that sequence. Or will they be now available during later sequences?

AjinkyaParuleka
01-12-2013, 12:41 PM
You complain and lack logic,pro.