PDA

View Full Version : Who else was impressed by the setting?

BlackLight3578
11-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't just mean the main story missions(those were ******** sometimes) but the atmosphere and characters present through out the frontier, in the new york, in boston, the naval battles, the native americans, the people trying to build a life in the wilderness, things like that.

Some might not like the setting simply for it not being as beautiful as Italy or falling back on a charming character or because the main story didn't do it justice, but I liked that it was dark ,gritty, and ruff. stuff like seeing a group of regulars get mauled by wolves is something that was fantastic( don't mean that in a creepy way)

I think the setting was really brought to life by the frontier and sea battles than anything else. There is no masquerade ball, but it has something even better, nature itself. More interestingly the fusion of nature and man.

JonnyisNQ
11-03-2012, 11:02 PM
The best thing about this game was the frontier. It truly is a beautiful setting, especially when its covered in deep snow or the rain is pouring down, the wildlife was really good, reminded me of red dead redemption. Nothing more satisfying seeing man vs nature with the predator animals attacking a group of redcoats or colonists. The citys themselves where.. meh, I didn't really like the wide streets, the people on the streets however and the people you could meet throughout the frontier where good though (sometime more interesting than the main storys characters lol) I also like how whole thing felt more alive than normal, as if the npcs where not just npcs they all had a purpose or where doing something. The sea battles where also a nice change of pace.

lolzz19
11-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, I was completely mindblown as I hadn't seen anything else than the boston gameplay, and the gameplay trailer, and I never really followed the news or anything, so I was expecting something similar to the other games, but instead, they have this all new engine, and a world that truly feels like a living, breathing world. And the atmosphere was stunningly beautfiul, more than I was expecting.

BlackLight3578
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I agree. I think after goign through cities for so long in the series, they aren't nearly as interesting as something as fresh as the frontier or the open sea. The city life was great, but nothing beats tree parkour!