PDA

View Full Version : Explain the Ending [Spoilers]

tjbyrum1
11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Let me get this straight:

Desmond and crew walk to that pedastal in which Juno describes "Touch it and save the world", but Minerva intervenes and says "No way, it's too late to late to save world cause the Assassins fought the Templars way to much, so let the sun destroy the Earth and you yourself rise as a religious figure", but then Desmond's like "But if I do that, my teachings will become corrupt and the world be bad again", and so Desmond touches the pedestal to release Juno and the world is, apparently, 'saved'.

So what's this mean? Desmond is dead dead dead? Who was talking to us through the Animus, and who were they talking to? Is Juno now on a conquest to rule the world? If so, that takes away freedom - which Desmond's faction, the Assassins, fight to maintain (freedom), so why promote anti-freedom? Is some type of 'shield' over the Earth at the moment to protect it from the sun, Juno's doing? Is Juno pro-Templar or doesn't care about either faction? With electronic signals and such disabled worldwide, the Assassins could make a comeback right?

Altair661
11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Okay, so Desmond had two choices.

1) Leave the orb untouched and stay in the temple to survive the apocalypse but essentially 99.9% of the world is wiped out. Desmond and the survivors would rise up and rebuild civilization. However once Desmond dies soon another war would start just as it had with the First Civ and humans and they would be stuck in the same exact loop that got them stuck in this mess.

2) Spark the orb and release Juno, but taking Desmond's life. Juno would be able to somehow save the world from the solar flare but plans to exact revenge against humans for what she believes to be the original downfall of the First Civ way back when (ADAM and EVE revolting).

Since Desmond chose the 2nd option, it is up to the rest of the Assassins to try and stop Juno from enslaving all of the humans, how? Well we'll just have to wait for the next game. However this does open up for a new person to be put in the animus to try and go back in time to try and find a solution to stopping Juno. As for Desmond, I'm certain his physical body is dead. However both Subject 16 and Juno and Minerva were able to come back in electromagnetic forms, so it's safe to assume that Desmond is in someway connected to that orb or the animus somehow and will be able to guide the next lucky guy who has to dive into all this.

Juno is neither Assassin and doesn't care about the Templars, all she wanted was to be release and exact her revenge, So she used the various pieces of Eden to change and manipulate history to get Desmond in that exact spot at that exact time so he would not be able to find another solution to the solar flare. So essentially she is the main bad guy now. So yes, the Assassin's could make a comeback somehow, but I imagine that's for another game.

The man talking was most likely an Abstergo Templar that was attempting to hack find out what Desmond had done with Connor. If you go back and continue the save you beat the game with there is more on that to be played ;)

Hopefully I helped!!! It's alot to get your head around I know.

tjbyrum1
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Juno is neither Assassin and doesn't care about the Templars, all she wanted was to be release and exact her revenge, So she used the various pieces of Eden to change and manipulate history to get Desmond in that exact spot at that exact time so he would not be able to find another solution to the solar flare. So essentially she is the main bad guy now. So yes, the Assassin's could make a comeback somehow, but I imagine that's for another game.

I didn't know she used the PoE like that... well why did Minerva talk to Desmond through Ezio?

The man talking was most likely an Abstergo Templar that was attempting to hack find out what Desmond had done with Connor. If you go back and continue the save you beat the game with there is more on that to be played http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/wink.png

So my hopes of the crew putting Desmond back in the Animus so he can still subconsciously live are crushed?

Altair661
11-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Lol yes, Desmond looked pretty fried there, and I don't think they'll be coming back for him either.

Minerva talked to Desmond through Ezio because there was no other way, Minerva knew what Juno was up to, so she found Desmond's bloodline and spoke to Ezio because she knew Desmond would see it. At that point she was simply trying to tell them of the solar flare and to prevent it or else everything would die. I suppose she wanted them to try and find a solution earlier rather than the last second in the grand temple.

liamr11
11-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Anyone else think that Whoever is in the animus reliving connor's memories after desmonds story is finished is somehow related to Desmond and that he will be the next protagonist? and i dont think that the person speaking was a templar, just a gut feeling

tjbyrum1
11-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Honestly, when it comes down to it, 'being put back in the Animus' was probably just a gameplay reason.

How lame would it be for Desmond to die and BAM! No more Connor, you gotta start over. It's stupid, so it makes complete sense that Ubi just let us keep playing.

Altair661
11-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the whole replaying Connor after the game is complete. Im pretty sure they do it so you can replay and not be stuck restarting, and as far as I know Desmond never got freaky with any chicks and he didn't have anyone else that could've done it besides his dad(No siblings im pretty sure) Who is running away after the ending, and who would want to relive Connor's life after they've already gotten what they want and already have seen everything? Im gonna stick to the Templar's trying to hack into the animus and find out whats going on...because that's what he says lol. But to each their own.

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Honestly, when it comes down to it, 'being put back in the Animus' was probably just a gameplay reason.

How lame would it be for Desmond to die and BAM! No more Connor, you gotta start over. It's stupid, so it makes complete sense that Ubi just let us keep playing.

That is what I first thought as well lol.

liamr11
11-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah I wouldn't look too much into the whole replaying Connor after the game is complete. Im pretty sure they do it so you can replay and not be stuck restarting, and as far as I know Desmond never got freaky with any chicks and he didn't have anyone else that could've done it besides his dad(No siblings im pretty sure) Who is running away after the ending, and who would want to relive Connor's life after they've already gotten what they want and already have seen everything? Im gonna stick to the Templar's trying to hack into the animus and find out whats going on...because that's what he says lol. But to each their own.

You are right however he may have had cousins and uncles or stuff like that who share desmonds link with Connor

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I didn't know she used the PoE like that... well why did Minerva talk to Desmond through Ezio?

From what I gathered upon beating the game, Minerva sincerely wanted Desmond to save the world, believing the key to it was within the grand temple. The one factor she didn't foresee, however, was that Juno would have survived. Minerva says "While we sought to save the world, Juno sought to conquer it." So in the end, I believe that Minerva meant well, but as they say, even the path to hell is paved in good intentions.

brefcourte
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
aim: continue the franchise with larger fanbase to make more money
method: kill of the most crapy character and introduce new supervillain together with an open ending

~ending explained~