PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 3 Sequence 5 The Hard Way Cant start mission

Phoenix636
11-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm trying to start Sequence 5 The Hard Way mission. But I cant start the mission. The guy who i have to talk to (the Boatman) doesn't have a "start Mission" action available. I can onlly "interact" with him. If I stand a little farther away the "start mission apears above his head but I cant select it. I've installed patch 1.01 and I'm running PS3 Phat. I've deleted the Installation file and the update and reinstalled both and still nothing, Any help would be great.
Thanx

KiriChan
11-05-2012, 04:21 AM
I had this same issue. I was finally able to do the mission when I selected the Harbormaster (as if I was going to fast travel), then selecting the exclamation point (on the map). It should say "launch mission" or something along those lines when you select the exclamation point.

jonkersp12
01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I have the same problem. I go to the harbor master and there is an E above his head (just interact) and that's it. The mission don't start.

TBorko
03-05-2013, 12:57 PM
i have same problem. And then i install game on sister PC and on her PC run perfectly. And her PC ( i3 2.80ghz, ati 4000 series, 4gb ram) my ( i5 3470 3.40ghz, ati 6870, 4gb ram). Now i will try complete mission on her PC and then run on my PC.

TBorko
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I have solution :) uninstall game and then install again without patch`s. It works for me :)

ursinhomalvado
04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 is a complete disappointment. They successfully destroy many things I loved about this franchise and, at the same time, do not added anything I could expect from a stealth assassination's game (like the ability to crouch, better awareness about the surroundings and enemy's detection sight.

Beyond that, this game has a lot of annoying bugs. I'm stuck trying to start this mission in my PS3. Looks like the mission must be started above the fast travel cabin but there is no way to get there.

Assassin's Creed IV is definetely out of my list.

TheBearJew32
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
try exiting the animus with desmond then jump right back in again. idk it worked for me and i had a couple missions do that to me...(either the start mission exclamation would disappear altogether or i couldn't start the mission)

montagemik
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 is a complete disappointment. They successfully destroy many things I loved about this franchise and, at the same time, do not added anything I could expect from a stealth assassination's game (like the ability to crouch, better awareness about the surroundings and enemy's detection sight.

Beyond that, this game has a lot of annoying bugs. I'm stuck trying to start this mission in my PS3. Looks like the mission must be started above the fast travel cabin but there is no way to get there.

Assassin's Creed IV is definetely out of my list.

If you're a follower of the franchise ............... How can you be dissapointed or surprised by any of AC3's content or bugs/ glitches 6 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE ??

Every fault / glitch & unpopular aspect of AC3 has been discussed on the internet for months .

To begin 'The Hard Way' mission on sequence 5 , you have to talk to Mr Faulkner (Harbourmaster on the Homestead) - Then on the Map select the mission marker ( ! ).

d4st4n96
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I had some prob's in Ac3 too (not the one mentioned btw) but I can't dare to say Ubi f***d the franchise/series
I love them and the games as they are, if you don't agree... then let's see you working 2/3 years on a new game, engine, set-up, characters and so on....
Why do we allways complain about some glitches, problems?
But here... its half Ubi fault too.. they need to take care about this stuff, and more alpha/beta testing

earlwijn
06-28-2013, 04:50 AM
Hi, i am having difficulty shoothing the second wrecked ship with my cannon. The captain keeps telling me you've missed or try it again. Its bugging me, can someone tell me how to shoot the damn thing once and for all. thanks

Ureh
06-28-2013, 03:16 PM
You need to use your swivel gun, iirc, not the cannon's round shots. That's L1 for Ps3, right mouse button for pc (check your keyboard layout and the instructional manual in the animus training center). Aim at the shipwreck port side, the exposed powder barrels, wait for crosshair to turn red, fire.

Edit: oh I didn't realize you might be using your swivel gun. Maybe it's a glitch or you're firing the wrong shipwreck?

earlwijn
06-28-2013, 09:57 PM
But i saw that the second ship wreck i have to shoot it with the cannon first and after that i can use the swivel gun. is that correct.

Ureh
06-29-2013, 04:28 AM
You can see two shipwrecks right? One on the right side, one on the left. Shoot the one on the right with round shot (until Faulkner tells you to stop). Shoot the wreck on the Aquila's left with the swivel gun (make sure the crosshair is red colour before you fire). If you're doing everything correctly but still meeting problems then it's possibly a bug in the game and not your fault.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

earlwijn
06-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks guys. but i am freaking out. don't like this bloody game anymore, its really irritating me. i have checked on youtube and i saw that both ship wrecks you have to shoot with the canons and after the second ship wreck is hit with all the canons it becomes possible to use the swivel gun. But i have tried everything i even tried to use the swivel gun, but i think i need to shoot it with the canons first and after that with the swivel gun. I have added a youtube link for you guys to see what i mean. Faulkner tells this player after the first attemp to shoot the second wreck that he missed and needs to try again, which he does succesfully after the second attemp. after the second canon shots it becomes possible to use the swivel gun. When i try this he keeps telling me you've missed try it again boy. Here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20XL7yjg_Q

And if its a bugg like you said how do i deal with it? Thanks

Ureh
06-29-2013, 07:29 PM
So when you fire on the second wreck with round shot he keeps saying that you missed? So basically you can fire forever and nothing will happen? Do you see the white circle at the 4:00 part of the video? If yes, can you aim at it with swivels and does your reticule turn red?

If it's a bug I don't know how to circumvent it. Best I can suggest is restart the memory from the beginning, make sure you have the latest update. Worst case: restart the whole game and or even reinstall the entire thing.

SolarNote141648
10-15-2013, 12:58 AM
This game (on the PC at least) seems to just be one major work-around. Sooooo, I basically have to start over again to be able to talk to Faulkner? It's kinda bullsh*t, I know it isn't EXCESSIVELY far in the game, but still... It's irritating as hell. I've tried talking to Faulkner to travel to the mission start. I get the option to travel, yet, when I click on "The Hard Way" icon on the fast travel map, it does not take me.

I've already tried exiting the Animus, exiting the game, fast traveling from a completely different location (which also does not let me fast travel). I now know that the problem is specifically brought upon because of the fast travel system in general, since I am only able to mark locations, even fast travel ones. I just don't know how to go about fixing the problem, besides uninstalling the game, which I still am worried about working, or starting another campaign, which may just prove to be a waste of my time. If anyone can shed some light on this, please speak up. I just want to get this over with before the next game ;n;

whitefox_jumps
12-09-2016, 02:45 AM
On PC , mouse doesnt work , use the button Enter