PDA

View Full Version : PC Deluxe Edition - ShopUBI vs Elsewhere - Different Features?

RanceJustice
11-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Hello all. I am interested in purchasing the a (USA-locale) Deluxe edition of ACIII for PC that will provide the complete suite of IN-GAME content. I am unfortunately a bit confused on what this entails, as I am seeing different prices and content for different locations on the same "Deluxe" moniker.

In most places, what is listed for the Deluxe edition is similar to that listed http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/664176-ACIII-Editions-announced!-EMEA-amp-NA-*Updated-8-29

It includes ALL the single player missions (and weapons that come with them), 2 special single player skins/armors, and 2 special multiplayer characters. In short, this is ALL of the launch/pre-order DLC that may have been handed out piecemeal to other locations. The price for this edition appears to be between $60-65.

Until relatively recently, the Ubisoft Shop used to show the same thing. However, as of recently the offer changed to... http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.252074300

This one speaks of 4 single player missions and adds the "Season Pass". I assume this is the 3 special missions listed elsewhere ...but what is the 4th? Or is this the 4 previously PS3 only missions? There is no mention of the 2 multiplayer characters, nor of the 2 single player skins/armor. The price is $80.

So, what does this mean?

Do ALL the "Deluxe" editions, including the one from UbiShop, offer ALL the same in-game DLC, but the UbiShop edition just goes a bit further (for more expense) by adding the Season Pass as well? Or does the UbiShop Deluxe NOT include some of the aforementioned in-game content and INSTEAD contain the season-pass for upcoming DLC packs?

I'd really appreciate some clarification. To be honest, I wish Ubi would dispatch with all the retailer, platform, specific pre-order/launch date IN GAME content and simply provide a single edition that comes with ALL the in-game content available at launch. Its too frustrating to have to comb through multiple websites to figure out where/when/what platform to buy from in order to get all the in-game content, if it is even possible to do so.

Thanks.

whitestar85
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Not sure of what other locations are offering, but gamersgate has the same description for the deluxe version that the ubishop has. So does gamefly. As there is a price difference between versions depending on whether the season pass was included, that might be the best way to determine which version is which.

I personally think the listing of 4 missions instead of 3 is a mistake. The PS3 missions coming across is not happening, as Sony paid a bit of money to make it exclusive and like the Copernicus missions in ACB. If there is a fourth I'll be pleasantly surprised, but don't bet on it. Can any Ubi reps give us any info on this, or at least correct the description in the shop?

As for the skins, the version on the Australian version of ubishop says the two single player packs with skins (Captain Aquila and Colonial Assassin), and the Red Coat and Sharpshooter multiplayer packs are included in the deluxe download edition which includes the season pass.

In short, I don't think they are all the same. This isn't definitive but this is what I can determine: the more expensive version which explicitly lists the season pass has all the stuff, the earlier version which some sites are still showing MIGHT not (I have no idea how it works, they might end up having the season pass as well).

ElleCore
11-05-2012, 02:01 AM
I would like to know why the hell they changed the price from 60 euros to 75 euros? Seriously, what the hell, Ubisoft?

EDIT: I was looking forward to buying the Deluxe Edition but this is stupidly overpriced.

EDIT 2: I'm sorry. I just went mad when I saw the price and didn't notice they added the Season Pass into the Deluxe Edition. Actually this make me quite happy as you get 5 DLCs for just 15 more euros.

EDIT 3: Maybe the 4th mission they didn't reveal is the one that was PS3 exclusive? Don't remember its name. Or maybe it's just a mistake and someone pressed 4 instead of 3? Hopefully the first option.

Morankurai
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
The new price is a good deal, considering that it includes the Season Pass, usually costing 30 euros if I remember right.

Anyway, I think these 4 bonus missions are indeed the Arnold missions, previously PS3-exclusive. They advertised them the same as here (1 hour of additional content), and I believe I read somewhere else that they are included in this version.

I'm a bit concerned, because the Season Pass as well as the PS3 missions aren't listed on the offer in my country (Germany). Hopefully, they change this; there's still some time until we get to know.

dex3108BL
11-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Or he can go to GreenManGaming.com and buy game for 49$ or euros with this discount code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

Revan-Risinger
11-06-2012, 05:38 AM
Or he can go to GreenManGaming.com and buy game for 49$ or euros with this discount code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

The game is not even being sold on there.

dex3108BL
11-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Yes they are selling

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ba/en/pc/games/adventure/assassins-creed-iii-deluxe-edition/

whitestar85
11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Yes they are selling

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ba/en/pc/games/adventure/assassins-creed-iii-deluxe-edition/

Only to some countries though...

Pleasefixmyacc
11-06-2012, 02:44 PM
On the swedish page of ubi shop there isnt even a digital deluxe edition with season pass. There's only the "old" one. What gives? Already bought this one but would rather have the one with a season pass.