PDA

View Full Version : Making money in Ac3 is hard need help!

Turul.
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Making money is really hard in this game. though i did some side missions and tried to do a good amount of homestead quests and tried to make and trade things...i only eneded up with around 8000 at the end of the game

i found the crafting to be difficult since i only had 1 artisan. where do you get more aritsans?!

True_Assassin92
11-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Homestead missions to get more artisans, send out convoys with b3aver pelts 1K each time, u can get more, but even my artisans aren't that high a lvl yet, create like 3 convoys and send them out. Hunt a lot especially elk, bear and wolf pelts undamaged are worth pretty much. Send out recruits on contract missions to gain more money...etc :)

playassassins1
11-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Hunting can get you a lot of money. Just go out in the frontier, and hunt some animals. When you're finished, sell everything you got at a general store.

AntiGravitate
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I finished the game with no more than £200 the first time. I started playing again, though, and started paying more attention to side stuff. You know what I found? Chests in Templar forts. Every single one I've looted has contained £7500! Use that and do homestead missions to jumpstart your Homestead economy. Get some convoys sent out and try to get at least 1K profit each time. Also make and upgrade more convoys as much as you can.

I'm on Sequence 7 and have about £30,000. :)

deskp
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Open chests, I ended up with 48 000£ or soemthing, the ship upgrades are unnessecary..

rileypoole1234
11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Opening many chests, doing tons of side missions, and crafting ships is how I make my money. I was a little confused about it at first too though, I'm on sequence 8 with around £35,000, but on sequence 7 I had about £2,000.

Turul.
11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
alright thanks guys. going to start my second playthrough soon. not going to miss a thing this time

BakeAnCake
11-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Hello there, I just found out the most awesome way to make money.. Believe it or not, it's by Hunting Béavers. There is an awesome Béaver spot middle WEST in Frontier, There will be a picture of where abit further down. NOTE: you will NOT need any tools for this (Bait / Traps) When you have reached the place, there will be a river / lake that is FLOODED with Béavers, So all you will need to do is run around and slay Béavers with your Hidden blade, You will kill around 5 - 10 béavers / minute when you're new to the place. Then when u get the know it like i do, You will be able to kill around 10 - 15 béavers per minute. But you gotta be carefull, there is some bears lurking around there aswell. The most effective way is to put out all 10 traps on one side of the river, and then slay béavers on the other side, while you are waiting for the traps.
Then, when you think that you have enought Béavers you just go back to homestead, and sell them using a convoy. Enjoy your richness

http://i47.tinypic.com/macq6c.jpg

BabyAssassin19
11-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Create more convoys in crafting (max 3)
Upgrade convoys space (max 8 I think)

Then just buy loads of fur pelts and send all 3 convoys out with 8 items on each, in 12 minutes gets you about 10k

Layytez
11-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Bears.Kill.Alot.Of.Bears

DryvLykUstoleIt
11-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Fast travel to Homestead Entrance in Frontier (you should be in Frontier after fast travel) walk down the road until you can turn left towards the water. Walk towards water, and from the cliffs you should see 2 bears drinking by the water's edge, climb down and kill/skin the bears, then fast travel to the same spot and the bears will respawn. (works on PS3, I've not tried on XBOX or PC)

Edit: If you follow the road just past the 1st large rock after the wall on the left, there is a free-fall/dive point that leads right to these 2 bears, making it quicker to get to them.