PDA

View Full Version : Bow and Arrow thoughts on its usefullness?

STONE_C369
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
UBI have said that the bow and arrow is the new long range stealth weapon. What are peopleís thoughts on it in terms of long range kills or even hunting and itís useful?

My personal view is that itís pretty rubbish with the arrow automatically shooting to the chest no matter where you aim, and that while hunting its useless when hunting animals larger than a hare as it takes two shots because you canít aim for a kill shot such as the head, not what i was promised in the frontier game play demo as it only took one shot to kill a buck from medium range. Hopefully UBI will allow free aim or increase the damage in a future update if possible as the crossbow in previous games was far better.

NinjaOnFire
11-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I use it in combat and the two shot kills for most enemies really make it difficult to judge.

CRANK 132
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I have one shot killed a buck, at least I think I have. Are you shooting from stealth? I think the boy does more damage when used stealthily.

NinjaOnFire
11-03-2012, 01:38 PM
You can't one shot kill a deer or even a wolf. They should run around then die of blood loss but they don't.

saydrix12
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
You can kill a deer/cougar/wolf/bobcat with one shot but you have to hold Y then he pulls the string furhter back increasing its power :)

STONE_C369
11-03-2012, 03:32 PM
You can kill a deer/cougar/wolf/bobcat with one shot but you have to hold Y then he pulls the string furhter back increasing its power :) Just tried that and you can kill most things with one shot although it only works medium range, long range shots still don't kill a dear one shot, which it should.

KiriChan
11-06-2012, 07:52 AM
I used it for a mission and found it fairly useful. Took two enemies out with one shot and when shooting from up high they didn't spot me. That kind of sold me on it for a ranged weapon. I like it better than guns, anyway.

NEURON BOMB
11-06-2012, 08:33 AM
I use it a lot of times on guards and i know the lieutenants don't go down with one shot but come on at least it should be possible to one shot kill a normal guard from long range it was in the Boston demo i tried it from that exact spot and it just hit him and i became notorious.But i have managed to kill everything from a hare to a cougar but Elk and Deer don't go down with one shot even from close range and i pull that string all the way. so please fix if this is a bug but if not please bring out a DLC with another stronger bow.But Ubi it is all up to U.

JACKEDRAM1500
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
The main benefit to hunting with the bow is that it does less damage to the meat then a gun, Which makes everything from the animal worth more. Knifing it is even better tho :cool:

UrDeviant1
11-06-2012, 09:21 AM
It's good for hunting and the occasional long-ranged stealth kill. Seems a waste of arrows to use It In combat though. I love using the Rope Dart In combat, though It would be cool to have more than 5 of them at a time.

W1NTERisC0MING
11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
It's good for hunting and the occasional long-ranged stealth kill. Seems a waste of arrows to use It In combat though. I love using the Rope Dart In combat, though It would be cool to have more than 5 of them at a time.

you can have more than 5 with crafting.