PDA

View Full Version : Tips on combat

bart578
11-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Anyone else here find combat in this game really frustrating?

Everytime I engage a group of enemy's I get killed.....every time. I can't seem to kill them fast enough and more and more just keep spawning until the enevitable happens.....every time.I've read on here that some find it easy....some even find it boring!!! I just get fed up with dying every time!!!!

Any tips would be appreciated :)

Silhouelle
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Whenever a red marker appears over an enemy, press O or B. Once you do follow it up with any of the four buttons. O/B will grab and throw the enemy, Square/X will do an instant kill (doesn't work on all enemy types), Triangle/Y will use whatever tool you have equipped at present (I highly suggest using snares if you have trouble with a particular enemy type, no one seems to be able to block it) and finally X/A to break enemy defence. This last one is, I think, the most important. Use it once and you can knock enemy off balance, again and maybe disarm them. Point being is if you keep using it on same enemy you'll trip them up which lets you then insta kill them on the ground.

Whenever a yellow marker appears over a group of enemies heads, move toward an enemy and hit X/A for human shield. In the case of those big Scottish guys, when in close range, press X/A when yellow icon appears to roll out of harms way.

My advice is just to get into lots of fights and practice the above, and soon you shall be unstoppable. ^^

bart578
11-03-2012, 10:19 AM
THANKS for that.....its appreciated. I will give it a try. :)

UtilityTortoise
11-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Remember you can chain kills just like in Brotherhood and Revelations. This time, you have to click LT on the next enemy you want to attack (while you're finishing off the current one) and then hit X (on 360), same timing as in Brohood/Rev, and Connor will attempt to chain kill the next one. Of course, just like in the past 2 games, if another guard interrupts you, you will have to counter that guard but that will not break your chain kill.

Another note is you cannot hit X on heavies, you have to chain disarm then X. If you try and chain kill heavies they will just knock you back. So hit LT+A first on heavies then X.

Edit: Another thing is, try and make use of Y/all your other tools when you counter. Snares, tripwire bombs, bow (yes you can counter with bow too), gun, and rope darts.

BBALive
11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Remember you can chain kills just like in Brotherhood and Revelations. This time, you have to click LT on the next enemy you want to attack (while you're finishing off the current one) and then hit X (on 360), same timing as in Brohood/Rev, and Connor will attempt to chain kill the next one. Of course, just like in the past 2 games, if another guard interrupts you, you will have to counter that guard but that will not break your chain kill.

Another note is you cannot hit X on heavies, you have to chain disarm then X. If you try and chain kill heavies they will just knock you back. So hit LT+A first on heavies then X.

Edit: Another thing is, try and make use of Y/all your other tools when you counter. Snares, tripwire bombs, bow (yes you can counter with bow too), gun, and rope darts.

You don't need to press LT/L1. Just point the stick in the direction of the enemy and press the attack button.