PDA

View Full Version : Connor picks up weapons instead of countering.

Allyyxx
11-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Every time I attempt to use counter when in combat, Connor tries to pick up a weapon instead. I'm hitting counter whenever I see the red arrow above an enemies head so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to get Connor to stop picking up weapons and JUST use counter?

Nnamerif
11-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Every time I attempt to use counter when in combat, Connor tries to pick up a weapon instead. I'm hitting counter whenever I see the red arrow above an enemies head so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to get Connor to stop picking up weapons and JUST use counter?

Funny I have the opposite problem when ever I want Conner to pick up a weapon he counters xD unfortunately there is no button I'm aware of that changes that procedure.

zhengyingli
11-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Funny I have the opposite problem when ever I want Conner to pick up a weapon he counters xD unfortunately there is no button I'm aware of that changes that procedure.
Same, here. I never tried picking up weapons until several hours in, but before that, I have never mistakenly picked up a weapon while attempting to counter.

DiamondBlade_R
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Don't press R1 while in open conflict.

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Never had this happen yet - in fact I'm thrilled that when you Loot a body that you've already looted or are nearby a weapon when trying to Loot a body, that you aren't continually picking up a weapon or picking up the body & having to repeat it over & over.
That got really annoying over time esp. in ACB (for me).
If it isn't the R1 issue as suggested, maybe it's your sensitivity setting? Dunno. I just don't have this problem whatsoever. Could be a glitch too.

zhengyingli
11-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Never had this happen yet - in fact I'm thrilled that when you Loot a body that you've already looted or are nearby a weapon when trying to Loot a body, that you aren't continually picking up a weapon & having to repeat it over & over.

On top of that, you only have to hold the loot button once while walking around the massacre scene to loot everybody. Definitely a nice touch.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Also holding the counter button - maybe the issue - you need to press it quickly, rather than holding :)

ProdiGurl
11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
On top of that, you only have to hold the loot button once while walking around the massacre scene to loot everybody. Definitely a nice touch.

Exactly. They've really taken the tediousness out of this game and I deeply appreciate and notice it! My fingers used to ache if I played for any extended amount of time before.
This is such a pleasure, and if it happens to remove some of the great elements of being in more control, then I'm fine with losing one thing to gain something else that makes it less monotonous & frustrating.

machetefight
11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Funny I have the opposite problem when ever I want Conner to pick up a weapon he counters xD unfortunately there is no button I'm aware of that changes that procedure.ditto, but a majority of the time Connor gets hit instead of picking up a weapon or the very least countering. So annoying, he keeps dying this way -_-;;