PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 have good graphics but.......

Mastercomando95
11-03-2012, 06:51 AM
i hate the game play on this game it is so horrible. why is there no armor and the soldiers on the streets way to powerful? they should not be able to kill you in 3 hits. i have been with assassin's creed from the start. i got the first one and it was amazing, AC 2 was even better and the brotherhood and revelations where also good but this assassins creed 3 sucks for game play i want to have a really good answer if some one is going to give a generic statement for a response but this game i got thye day it came out and beet it today and i hated it so much but i preordered it and im not getting rid of it but i would like some answers

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Practice makes perfect.

The Combat is different. Just keep Practicing and Welcome

Ljh x
11-03-2012, 07:00 AM
The combat is really, really easy when you get use to it.

Normal enemys just Counter

For enemys that can't be countered instead of pressing X for countering press "A" or "X" is you're on PS3. Another alternative to killing Tougher enemys is to use the Rope dart to pull them onto the floor this should allow you to hit them while they're down thus killing them with one blow.

Mastercomando95
11-03-2012, 07:03 AM
thanks but what have you heard about armor?

Silhouelle
11-03-2012, 07:06 AM
There is no armour, nor is any needed if you learn the combat system.

Ljh x
11-03-2012, 07:06 AM
thanks but what have you heard about armor?

There's no armour in the game as far as i know of.

You can change your outfit by buying them at general stores.

You can also unlock Ezio's outfit On Uplay.

shobhit7777777
11-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Can't say I miss the armour...a covert urban Ninja running around the roofs in plate armour just felt off...glad they got rid of it.

As for the combat, I never really invested much time into the combat in the games (if you're fighting a gang of guards, you've failed as an Assassin) but always enjoyed it because it was empowering and fantastic to look at...and AC3 doesn't disappoint .the kills look spectacular and the combat system IMO has been streamlined and refined...I found it tougher and more challenging TBH..something which the series needed.

x___Luffy___x
01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
i am actually really glad that there is no armor in ac3 ... coz i hated the armor in every ac game. all of them looked awesome in their default outfits without the armor..
they did nt even had the option to remove armor. it was just sad to look at ezio with all the ridiculous armor..

after practicing a little u get the idea how to kill every type of guard in ac3.

Sushiglutton
01-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you are struggling with the combat system. I recommend youtube (search for "assassins creed 3 combat tutorial", or somethhing like that). There are a lot of helpful videos on youtube about any area of the game you may be struggling with. The combat system is very simple once you get the hang of it :).

dogtobycars
01-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I find that the combat system was WAY to easy. My reaction time to the enemy moving in and attacking me is great so the entire game I was basically able to beat giant mobs of enemies by simply countering one enemy then aiming the combo at another, then another, then another. Ocassionaly they would try to attack me and then I would simply press O and counter that guy. Basically to me the combat was to easy, I would of like to see an option making it so I couldn't see the flashing above their heads unless they were going to shoot me, this would of made it somewhat mroe challenging. I like tree running, but I also miss running on the rooftops without being detected on every corner. I also find it a bit weird how they run now, it seems a bit more acrobatic but it also seems weird when I run in a zig zag line.

MidnightGUI
01-14-2013, 01:37 AM
I I bet the creator of this topic never played ACI or gave up in the first few missions; it's true that ACIII messed with a lot of things but difficulty and combat weren't part of them. Since ACII things got way too easy for the player to assassinate their targets and complete missions, in ACIII they fixed that. Take a look at the overall features at your disposal from ACII to ACR:

*A Crossbow that had 20 bolts that could kill your enemy in one shot and silently. (ACB, ACR)
*20 throwing knives that could kill rooftop guards in one hit.(ACII – ACR)
*Poison darts that can kill your enemy slowly (or fast if you buy the Fast poison upgrade) AND damage nearby guards (ACII – ACR)
*A Hidden Pistol with 6-10 bullets that can kill your enemies at distance. (ACII – ACR)
*15 parachutes that can save you from an accidental fall.(ACB, ACR)
*200+ combinations of bombs that can hide you, kill your opponents, distract them or inutilize them.(ACR)
*A Metal cestus, that could be purchased to deal a larger amount of damage in your opponents as if you were hitting them with a weak dagger.(ACII)
* Factions that could distract opponents, fight for you/with you against them, and steal money from civillians while you were walking around.(ACII – ACR)
*Heavy Weapons (including spears) that could be thrown at an opponent, killing him despite his amount of HP or armor.(ACB)
*An arrow storm that could kill any enemies at sight with no consideration for their amount or health or armor (most OP of them all).

I may be missing one thing or two, but if you get what I’m trying to say is that playing as Ezio gave you an opportunity to kill thousands of soldiers if so you desired, because it was way too easy and there was simply NO penalty for not being stealthy. I’m just glad they removed 80% of these things because, as many have said, this is a STEALTH game, and you’re supposed to think about what you’re doing and pay attention at your overall ammo or your health at the moment, not run around like a COD ***** and kill as much people as you can before you die, fighting in open combat isn’t or at least shouldn’t be the point here.; take a page from Dishonored’s book, make a difficulty filter, design missions in such way that your actions affect the guards’ awareness of you and their reactions.

The game is in the right path, and the combat and difficulty topic is not something to worry about, they seem just right for both hardcore and casual gamers of Assassin’s Creed.

dogtobycars
01-14-2013, 03:50 AM
I actually like the old health system, not exactly the armor, but the health was good. I kinda hate in games when the health just regenerates all on it's own. and crossbow was mainly for dealing with those few enemies patroling the area without alerting the entire neighborhood. The knive argument wasn't really a good one because the bow does the exact same thing, AC3 has poison darts as well, pistol is in this game too and if you get a 2 shot pistol with double holsters you can kill 4 guards in quick succesion, I never used the parachute for accidental fall, I just jump from the highest point in the game and watch where I end up, you were overdramatasizing how many bomb combinations there were, and they were very usefull for distracting the guards in front of the treasure chest so you didn't have to kill them, how was this not more assassin like? Riot is basically the same thing as in the others it just isn't as entertaining, let me throw a spear or giant axe at you with all my might and not see you die on the spot, Arrow storm was nice if you had tons of enemies on you and you didn't want to deal with them all, AC3 version is marksman and if you have all 6 assassins you can basically kill the guards in a matter of seconds. All in all those old things they got rid of actually allowed you to be very assassiny, not sure if that's a word but I'm using it, because instead of simply running up and starting a fight you can do any of these and be alot more sneaky.

victthoe
01-14-2013, 04:40 AM
The combat is really, really easy when you get use to it. http://webcardid.com/apple/images/a14http://www.sdra.info/k2.jpg

Will_Lucky
01-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Honestly, I thought the combat system in this game was the easiest yet. Its just a simple modification over the combat system from the AC2 era. Nothing has really changed other than some slow down when you counter.

Sushiglutton
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Honestly, I thought the combat system in this game was the easiest yet. Its just a simple modification over the combat system from the AC2 era. Nothing has really changed other than some slow down when you counter.

It's actually fairly different imo. No lock-on, a new health system, you can follow up counters in four different way, easier access to tools. The combat in AC3 is quicker, but combat was never hard to survive. It's still too shallow to be particulary engaging.

Will_Lucky
01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
It's actually fairly different imo. No lock-on, a new health system, you can follow up counters in four different way, easier access to tools. The combat in AC3 is quicker, but combat was never hard to survive. It's still too shallow to be particulary engaging.

Still the same thing under the hood, remain on the defense, counter, kill and rinse and repeat.