PDA

View Full Version : Ac3-Way to hard need help

BerkRobinson
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I picked up ac3, I was very excited, and to be honest I am VERY let down. The games new controles are too hard and the mission are too hard. I loved ac2. Loved it. I'm not even Conner yet. I need a lot of help. I don't even know how to stay hidden in a hay stack. Please help and thank you

ProdiGurl
11-03-2012, 03:04 AM
I picked up ac3, I was very excited, and to be honest I am VERY let down. The games new controles are too hard and the mission are too hard. I loved ac2. Loved it. I'm not even Conner yet. I need a lot of help. I don't even know how to stay hidden in a hay stack. Please help and thank you

I can totally relate to your post. . . . When I first played AC Brotherhood, it was way out of my league. I never had so much rage at a game. I couldn't pick up anything - even simple kill streaks.
Anyways, what always helps me is going back to the early part of the game where new combat controls are introduced & your fights are very simple & slow.
Go back thru your memory & replay the easy combat stuff and get that down better. Build on your basics and then move up.
That's what helped me figure it out. Plus I used Youtube tutorials for kill streaks & detailed info (I doubt that kind of thing will be created for you yet being so early).

Good luck, just keep practicing, you'll get it. Do some fighting, pause the screen & go back to the last save point & replay that repeatedly & practice fighting.

ProdiGurl
11-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Oh, I forgot to add, the haystack thing . . what I do when I jump into one is I take my thumb right off the controller so I can move him out by accident.
As for the brush if you start running thru it, you blow your crouch and stand up, so just take your time & walk regular thru it.
There seem to be more guards in more strategic places this time so stealth is taking me longer too.
Just keep practicing. Oh & one other thing I learned about haystacks this morning, you can 'unarm' yourself (no hidden blade) and pull a guard into the stack without killing him if your sync calls for not killing guards but you need to get some of out of the way to do the mission.
"_

Sharkey1337
11-03-2012, 03:27 AM
I really wish this game had a training ground/program much like Brotherhood did, which was fantastic in teaching you all the tricks to learn and allowed you to practice them to perfection. Also you unlocked Raiden's outfit for completing all the 'VR missions'.

y0uRNeMmEsIs696
11-03-2012, 03:50 AM
this game is too easy now that i know i to fight i can kill 20 people without getting touched once including heavies ans other guys.

ProdiGurl
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I really wish this game had a training ground/program much like Brotherhood did, which was fantastic in teaching you all the tricks to learn and allowed you to practice them to perfection. Also you unlocked Raiden's outfit for completing all the 'VR missions'.

I loved that training area in ACB - sadly I still couldn't get the Kill streak down there lol I had some sort of mental block or something. I used a youtube tutorial, then understood how it worked and then used it in the ACB training arena...F U N.
AC2 really had a good way to train in-game.
Probly since the mechanics are so different, there should have been more done to help people get it down?

this game is too easy now that i know i to fight i can kill 20 people without getting touched once including heavies ans other guys.
Basically the same thing happens in all the AC's once you get the hang of it. I still think they need to add levels of difficulty & save themselves the complaints on both ends of this spectrum.

Gazzaho
11-03-2012, 12:40 PM
The problem isn't that the game is so difficult, or the controls are either. In my opinion, like every other game released today there's no proper instructions, Ubisoft have tried more than most with the in game manual, but it lacks more information than it gives. I'm running around a fort loosing synch left right and centre because of being detected until I find out on google that I can drag guards into haystacks without killing them by equipping fists, after this revelation I had the mission finished in two minutes. I've checked through the manual and I can't see any mention of doing that. Similar with gun usage, it says use R2/right trigger to reload, the only way I've been able to reload is by hitting Triangle/Y the one you use to fire the gun after firing it.

Publishers use the "Save the planet excuse" to reduce the costs by not supplying a proper manual, yet it doesn't stop them Including a lot of glossy paper adverts int the game boxes. There needs to be a mass gamer backlash against not supplying proper instructions on release of a game, not some two page leaflet or online manual with half the details missing. Or flashing a do this do that message on screen in the middle of a fight sequience which nobody has the time to read.

Proper detailed instruction are what people need, paper or electronic is immaterial, detailed is the key word. A run and shoot game doesn't need explaining but something like AC3 does, in DETAIL.

Sorry for the rant but that's my view.