PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things in Assassin's Creed 3

UtilityTortoise
11-03-2012, 01:13 AM
If you step on rats in the city they go squish, there's even a little bone crack sound. :) I thought this was a neat little attention to detail. You have to make sure your legs step right on them too.

Also, you can counter with snares.... and trip mines. Didn't know that until after I beat the game.... The trip mine one is kinda funny, you fling a soldier away and then throw a bomb at him and he explodes. Lol.

Finally figured out how to do catchback, it wasn't explained anywhere else. When you drop from a ledge and let go, move the analog stick in the direction you want Connor to reach out to and hit RT (or the equivalent on PS3) again and he'll catch himself.

Anyone else find anything interesting?

Silhouelle
11-03-2012, 06:15 AM
:O Didn't know about countering with those, I'll have to try that!

Nnamerif
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
same here had no idea about the trip mine counter about to try it on the next unlucky group of soldiers I encounter

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Try Standing close to Fire Pits;)

Silhouelle
11-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Well, I just tried out snare and tripwire, awesomesauce! I can see the tripwire one being very useful if you can position yourself properly, throw the guy toward his buddies and yell gleefully as he and the buddies go boom. x)

UtilityTortoise
11-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Well, I just tried out snare and tripwire, awesomesauce! I can see the tripwire one being very useful if you can position yourself properly, throw the guy toward his buddies and yell gleefully as he and the buddies go boom. x)

Oh man, yeah, I didn't even think of it being useful in a group but that totally makes sense!

ProdiGurl
11-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Ya I've been stepping on rats - - I only found out about it when it accidentally happened & I find myself compelled to step on them if they're nearby.
I'm still wondering if you pet enough animals that you get an achievement for being an animal lover lol :p
The sheep are too cute