PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the praise of Connor

Radman500
11-03-2012, 12:41 AM
he's not a totally worthless character, but compared to Ezio... i just couldn't get connected with him..... even with the whole native american struggle

he was to monatone, no playing games, type person, very similar to altair, maybe thats how the ideal assassin should be, but not a video game character

yes, Ezio was cliche and stereotypical, but at least he had emotion and a personality.... not saying connor doesn't show emotion, but its pretty much "fight for good, fight against evil"

just my opinion

ezio has always been my favorite

Radman500
11-03-2012, 12:44 AM
at least, Haytham had more charisma

FirestarLuva
11-03-2012, 12:47 AM
This is about the fourth thread you made about Connor. Stop trolling! With get it, you don't like Connor!
And why we like Connor? Because he's a more complex, more real and a character with more depth. And Connor does show emotion. Much more than previous assassins. And he's a character that deserves more praise and recognition than anyone else.

Radman500
11-03-2012, 12:48 AM
This is about the fourth thread you made about Connor. Stop trolling! With get it, you don't like Connor!
And why we like Connor? Because he's a more complex, more real and a character with more depth. And Connor does show emotion. Much more than previous assassins. And he's a character that deserves more praise and recognition than anyone else.

there is nothing "complex" about connor or more real... or depth...

connor shows little emotion throughout the game

DinoSteve1
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
op is right though.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM
ezio is the sterotypical james bond

conner is the sterotypical assassin(im talkng about non AC assassins)

ezio's whole character is unrealistic, and the only time i felt any real connection to him was the Assassins creed revalations/Assassins Creed:embers combo. trust me, i felt like he was the best character in video game history after i saw embers.

conner story has barely begun and he is a far more realistic hero

ezio was scared for life at age of 17-18, his overall personality was already set, his brain had already stopped growing

conner was scared for life at the age of five.... trust me, hes probably a pretty messed up guy, and his lack of speech and emotion may be a direct result of his tramatic experince. He is copeing in the a unique way.

FirestarLuva
11-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Actually, Connor was scarred for life when he was five. Much younger than Ezio.

Radman500
11-03-2012, 12:52 AM

ezio's whole character is unrealistic, and the only time i felt any real connection to him was the Assassins creed revalations/Assassins Creed:embers combo. trust me, i felt like he was the best character in video game history after i saw embers.

ezio was scared for life at age of 17-18, his overall personality was already set, his brain had already stopped growing

conner was scared for life at the age of nine.... trust me, hes probably a pretty messed up guy, and his lack of speech and emotion may be a direct result of his tramatic experince. He is copeing in the a unique way.

ezio is the stereotypical james bond........ and still he is a better character then connor

"realism" doesn't always mean a character is more interesting...........

Jexx21
11-03-2012, 12:56 AM
People have different opinions.

zhengyingli
11-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Charisma doesn't automatically produce a more complex character, though.

Assassin_M
So they call people who rate the game perfect, Fan boys. What do you call Idiots that enforce their Opinions as fact and spam it every 5 minutes ??

TrueAssassin77

conner was scared for life at the age of nine.... trust me, hes probably a pretty messed up guy, and his lack of speech and emotion may be a direct result of his tramatic experince. He is copeing in the a unique way.

never mind conner was 5

zhengyingli
11-03-2012, 01:08 AM
So they call people who rate the game perfect, Fan boys. What do you call Idiots that enforce their Opinions as fact and spam it every 5 minutes ??
Templars.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:08 AM
ezio is the stereotypical james bond........ and still he is a better character then connor

"realism" doesn't always mean a character is more interesting...........

can you even relate to ezio? do you even understands why he does the things he does?

i personally think ezio is one of the best characters in video game history. i also know that he is a photocopy of james bond. i also know that if conner got the same type of attention as ezio did by the game makers, conner will be a far better hero.

Ezio of AC2< Conner of AC3

Ezio transformation through the series> most videogame heros ever.

but conner is at the same devolment stage as Ezio of assassins creed 2... maybe even younger than ezio.

bluntly, if conner got the same amount of games(attention) as ezio, he would utterly destroy ezio as a character.

DinoSteve1
11-03-2012, 01:10 AM
How is Ezio like James Bond?

srsly I don't see it, is every guy who women find charming like James Bond?

CalgaryJay
11-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I always give the Ezio = James Bond example too. It's because he kicks *** as a job, and is slick with the ladies on the side. Pretty much every female character in the AC2 universe (and Radman) wanted to shag him, doesn't that sound like Bond to you?

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:16 AM
How is Ezio like James Bond?

srsly I don't see it, is every guy who women find charming like James Bond?

charming

charisma

Womanizer

best "assassin"/spy to ever live

can do no wrong

... now i want you to name a few MAIN heros who also share ALL of these traits

shanethebouncer
11-03-2012, 01:20 AM
I actually enjoyed the transformation of Connor from a optimistic endorser of freedom to a slightly more cynical view of the world.

IamchaossthoughT
11-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Yea, I feel like Connor's persona is appropriate. Mom died before his eyes. Growing up in a world where he foresees the downfall of his people, and can hardly prevent it from happening, even though he is giving it his all. He shows anger, and emptiness. I feel this is appropriate.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Yea, I feel like Connor's persona is appropriate. Mom died before his eyes. Growing up in a world where he foresees the downfall of his people, and can hardly prevent it from happening, even though he is giving it his all. He shows anger, and emptiness. I feel this is appropriate.

finally, someone who understands human nature !

ezio after half his family died what happened? got angry than got serious? thats all? otherwise his personality didn't change....

hell, half the ezio fanboys(i am an ezio fanboy, but not this type) simply like ezio because of his accent....

Radman500
11-03-2012, 01:30 AM

you do realize that the so-called "genocide" of the native americans, was not intentially set up by the british, in fact over 90 percent of natives died by diseases brought over by europeans, but the europeans did not intentially bring diseases over to kill him

this game is sort of propaganda in a way

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by IamchaossthoughT

you do realize that the so-called "genocide" of the native americans, was not intentially set up by the british, in fact over 90 percent of natives died by diseases brought over by europeans, but the europeans did not intentially bring diseases over to kill him

hope ypu realize what you said was irrelavent and didn'y prove your point in any way.... We all know that already...

Jexx21
11-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Err.. we're talking about what Connor went through, not Native Americans in general.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:37 AM
im new here but im starting to understand who are the forum trolls

FirestarLuva
11-03-2012, 01:38 AM
can you even relate to ezio? do you even understands why he does the things he does?

i personally think ezio is one of the best characters in video game history. i also know that he is a photocopy of james bond. i also know that if conner got the same type of attention as ezio did by the game makers, conner will be a far better hero.

Ezio of AC2< Conner of AC3

Ezio transformation through the series> most videogame heros ever.

but conner is at the same devolment stage as Ezio of assassins creed 2... maybe even younger than ezio.

bluntly, if conner got the same amount of games(attention) as ezio, he would utterly destroy ezio as a character.

In reality, Connor is better than Ezio, he has more depth and a much more emotioanl story that many people can relate to. I really hope he gets a lot of attention. He deserves it. I hope AC3 won't be his only game.

Kaschra
11-03-2012, 01:41 AM
best "assassin"/spy to ever live
What? There is no "BEST" assassin ever.

can do no wrong
Poor Tarik, poor people of Cappadocia who died in that fire he caused...

I haven't finished the game yet, but so far I like Connor. I think he's great. Of course he's not like Ezio, who was pretty charming, but he doesn't need to. He should be his own character, and he is. Living a peaceful, carefree life as a child, which was then taken from him... it's no surprise that he got more angry and serious.

IamchaossthoughT
11-03-2012, 01:43 AM

Yea, but this is obviously viewing it after the fact. If we put ourselves in Connor's shoes, he obviously cannot know this. Even if you are correct, I honestly do not see how that makes me any less correct.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 01:44 AM

You`re a new type of troll..

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 01:44 AM
@ IamchaossthoughT

it doesn't. he simply has no idea what he arguing about.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 01:46 AM
@ IamchaossthoughT

it doesn't. he simply has no idea what he arguing about.
Indeed

BlackRose1809
11-03-2012, 02:02 AM
While I am a huge Ezio fangirl, I do like Connor's character, he's has a child-like view of the world before the end of the game, he came from a secluded place, didn't know about the harsh realities of the new world, then he comes to this, and since of his naive ways of thought and his wish to save his people, he ends up getting confused and angry. Then he become serious after the end and you see that he finally realizes the cruel reality of the world, that no matter how much he wants to change this new world, it won't happen.

Toa TAK
11-03-2012, 02:11 AM
I personally found Connor more interesting than Ezio in all three of this games. It was kinda sad, because you know he wants justice for everyone, but literally everyone else keeps working against him on that idea, even the Patriots when he figures out his people and slaves won't be accepted the same way. Plus, you've got the fun family dynamic with him and his Dad, the whole sorta "chosen one" vibe from Juno, his relationship with his mentor, and it's fun to see a guy like him, a Native America, kinda stick out from all the white man's problems. He doesn't care, he just wants "world peace".

Connor was great, I don't want him to have two unnecessary sequels to play as him more because he was well done here in this story and game.

De Filosoof
11-03-2012, 02:31 AM
I like Connor :).

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I found Connor more interesting than Ezio. While Ezio was awesome, I never personally related with him. There's something I can personally connect to, in Connor.

BBALive
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
I like him, he is charming in his own stubborn, immature way. I love Haytham's character though. If we ever get to play as an English Assassin, I hope he's like Haytham.

I think Connor's story is better than Ezio's though, regardless of my opinion on the characters.

Crazy_Vantage
11-03-2012, 02:48 AM
I like Connor, but I prefer Ezio. Ezio's character in AC2 was better than Connor's in AC3. That said, they had another two games in which Ezio developed, so it would be unfair of any of us to say whether we think Connor is a better or worse character until we've played two more AAA games with him.

Blackball8
11-03-2012, 04:18 AM
I wish we ride shirtless with Paul Revere with no saddle in more missions.

UtilityTortoise
11-03-2012, 04:23 AM
It was kinda sad, because you know he wants justice for everyone, but literally everyone else keeps working against him on that idea, even the Patriots when he figures out his people and slaves won't be accepted the same way.

Really agree with this, that was the most appealing part of Connor's character for me and I enjoyed the epilogue parts the most as they rounded off his character development. I think Ezio is a more charismatic and easily-likeable character, but I personally felt closer to Connor.

Gregolian
11-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Ezio is more charismatic IMO. The problem I have with Connor is that he is kinda stoic like Altair but he also has that real annoying jerk type attitude that Ezio grew out of after about 2 missions.

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Ezio is more charismatic IMO. The problem I have with Connor is that he is kinda stoic like Altair but he also has that real annoying jerk type attitude that Ezio grew out of after about 2 missions.

where is this jerk vibe? i have not seen it? hes a jerk to his dad(funny as hell btw) but jerk is not the first word or even the last word that comes to mind when describing conner. ezio probably grew out of that type because after almost 2 missions three years had passed... hes alos older than conner.... hormones sure do suck sometimes

Ljh x
11-03-2012, 06:06 AM
As i posted in the other thread Connor's character is spot on for what he is.

Connor is a Native American huntsman who only knows how to interact with his own people plus he saw his mother being burned alive....He's not going to be the most charismatic person, isn't he? Ezio on the other hand is a Good looking, wealthy play boy that's sailed through life due to his family's wealth.... he's going to have charisma.

Blackball8
11-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Conner is lame. He is complaining to the old black guy all the time. Nobody commented on the gayity he or Paul Revere demonstrated in their one horse bromance.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Conner is lame. He is complaining to the old black guy all the time. Nobody commented on the gayity he or Paul Revere demonstrated in their one horse bromance.
I stopped reading after "Conner"

You lost all credibility ..

Silhouelle
11-03-2012, 06:10 AM
I like Connor far more than Ezio. Really apprectiate the fact that they made a reserved, introverted character. He's also far more of a leader than most people seem to realize. Naive yes and is frequently given the idea to do something by others, but while doing it he takes command of everything so naturally. Look at how he deals with the recruits for example, the people on the homestead. Ezio is a people person in the sense of being outgoing. Connor wants to help the people, disregarding the fact he doesn't much care to converse with them. Its nice, I think. :)

TrueAssassin77
11-03-2012, 06:11 AM
I like Connor far more than Ezio. Really apprectiate the fact that they made a reserved, introverted character. He's also far more of a leader than most people seem to realize. Naive yes and is frequently given the idea to do something by others, but while doing it he takes command of everything so naturally. Look at how he deals with the recruits for example, the people on the homestead. Ezio is a people person in the sense of being outgoing. Connor wants to help the people, disregarding the fact he doesn't much care to converse with them. Its nice, I think. :)

sequence 9 made me think conner was awesome as hell.

zhengyingli
11-03-2012, 06:22 AM
where is this jerk vibe? i have not seen it? hes a jerk to his dad(funny as hell btw) but jerk is not the first word or even the last word that comes to mind when describing conner. ezio probably grew out of that type because after almost 2 missions three years had passed... hes alos older than conner.... hormones sure do suck sometimes
Even if Connor's a jerk, if they manage to provide me with reasons on why he acts the way he does, I'll be fine. In Connor's case, the extent of his moral dilemma is something that Ezio or Altair never presented, which is such a breath of fresh air.

Blackball8
11-03-2012, 06:22 AM
I stopped reading after "Conner"

You lost all credibility ..

I don't know what bothers me more about you not reading my other 20 words of text. I was hoping to stay on the good side of the spelling police and on top of that you have a pro wrestler in your signature.

Anyway, if you like this type of game.......hats off to ya. You can tell they put alot of work into this type of game. It got so many accolades I bought it. I would say for most people they will get their money out of this title. i personally get the most play out of Battlefield 3 and the NCAA football game. The only game i can compare this to that i have played is Red Dead Redemption??? I am sure the spelling guy will jump my post if i butchered that games name. I liked that character in that game better than Connor. I know its 2 different settings. I never played any of the other ac games. I really don't like Conner for a few reasons i posted earlier. I don't really care for Desmond and his Dad either. They just seem like pretty miserable people.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
I don't know what bothers me more about you not reading my other 20 words of text. I was hoping to stay on the good side of the spelling police and on top of that you have a pro wrestler in your signature.

Anyway, if you like this type of game.......hats off to ya. You can tell they put alot of work into this type of game. It got so many accolades I bought it. I would say for most people they will get their money out of this title. i personally get the most play out of Battlefield 3 and the NCAA football game. The only game i can compare this to that i have played is Red Dead Redemption??? I am sure the spelling guy will jump my post if i butchered that games name. I liked that character in that game better than Connor. I know its 2 different settings. I never played any of the other ac games. I really don't like Conner for a few reasons i posted earlier. I don't really care for Desmond and his Dad either. They just seem like pretty miserable people.
I do not care whether you like them or not, its your choice. I just thought that "Gayeti" comment was stupid..

Ljh x
11-03-2012, 06:26 AM

The reason why Desmon and his dad are miserable may be due to the fact that the world is going to end and they're the only people that can prevent it from happening.

Blackball8
11-03-2012, 06:39 AM
"The reason why Desmon and his dad are miserable may be due to the fact that the world is going to end and they're the only people that can prevent it from happening"

If you can justify their banter and the dad punching his son.........thats your choice. You are entitled to view it however you do and likewise for me.

Assassin_M
11-03-2012, 06:41 AM
"The reason why Desmon and his dad are miserable may be due to the fact that the world is going to end and they're the only people that can prevent it from happening"

If you can justify their banter and the dad punching his son.........thats your choice. You are entitled to view it however you do and likewise for me.
The why are you here if not to discuss ? Stick to your view sure, but without talking about it or trying to look at it a different way ?

BlackRose1809
11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
The why are you here if not to discuss ? Stick to your view sure, but without talking about it or trying to look at it a different way ?

Yeah, I know the world is coming to an end and there's stress coming in from all areas of their situation, but its was a bit too much to punch your own son. Before you ask if I have been in a situation like this, my family has. My brother is like the cookie-cutter mold of Desmond, left home, parents are disappointed, did what he wanted to because didn't agree with parents views, etc. But never in my life have I seen my father hit my brother. I felt it was an ******* move... but at least at the end they forgave each other and were getting along.

shobhit7777777
11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I am inclined to agree with OP

I've played the game for 8+ hours (8+ long, scripted and boring hours) and just cannot connect with Connor. His motives feel feeble IMO. IDK Connor is just above Desmond in my list when it comes to boring characters.

Ezio still remains my favourite, along with Yussuf.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-03-2012, 05:42 PM

Haytham is AWESOME! Connor is bad***, but he's just not interesting as a person. His story and what he goes through is very interesting, but personality wise he is boring, like Altair. Thing with Altair is, Altair wasn't naive or inexperienced. Altair was bad*** because he knew his skill and flaunted it, and wasn't all gloomy and holding his head down.

Yeah, I know the world is coming to an end and there's stress coming in from all areas of their situation, but its was a bit too much to punch your own son. Before you ask if I have been in a situation like this, my family has. My brother is like the cookie-cutter mold of Desmond, left home, parents are disappointed, did what he wanted to because didn't agree with parents views, etc. But never in my life have I seen my father hit my brother. I felt it was an ******* move... but at least at the end they forgave each other and were getting along.

William punched Desmond because he basically called William a Templar, which was a sensitive issue to William. He basically insulted him, and William lost it.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Well my father punched my brother once. Its a moment none of us are proud of. Sometimes people simply lose it!

BlackRose1809
11-04-2012, 11:55 AM
William punched Desmond because he basically called William a Templar, which was a sensitive issue to William. He basically insulted him, and William lost it.

Yeah I know, that's why I said about the stress... but still that's not reason to punch a guy, much likely your own son. But w.e, at least as I said, they forgave each other and were getting along up to the end. :3

Apirka
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Haytham is AWESOME! Connor is bad***, but he's just not interesting as a person. His story and what he goes through is very interesting, but personality wise he is boring, like Altair. Thing with Altair is, Altair wasn't naive or inexperienced. Altair was bad*** because he knew his skill and flaunted it, and wasn't all gloomy and holding his head down.

that's pretty much it. Connor's story was interesting, and him doing completely crazy things (like when he goes after Pitcairn was fun, but personality wise he utterly bored me. Haytham on the other hand, was interesting, and I connected more with him in the... what, two? sequences you play as him than I did with Connor throughout the whole game.

Crucify Lucifer
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
It's ironic, I feel the same way about Connor that I felt about Ezio after beating AC2 for the first time. Honestly, one game doesn't do any assassin's depth or character growth justice. Ezio would have definitely been cheated out of great character development if they had left it at 2 and not made Brotherhood or Revelations/Embers.

Despite Connor remaining fairly static in his conviction and beliefs, I personally saw him grow a bit in his own way. They could have done a better job at showing it, but I have no complaints.

lolzz19
11-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Well life was harder for Connor than Ezio, while Ezio lost his family at 17 Connor lost his pretty much only family, his mother, at the age of five. And his people were killed in front of him.

And I really don't see what you mean when you say he's a jerk, to me, he seems pretty nice.