PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back The Hood Petition

darthdude1997
11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
I have been with this franchise all the way through and have seen assassins with hoods the whole time. which I loved and now that I have beaten assassins creed 3, I learned after Ubisofts 40 minute credits, that you do not get to wear your hood again. which is kind of eliminating the whole concept of freedom in this game. So I am creating this petition to bring back the hood in any upcoming patches Ubisoft plans on making I plan on at least 5000 signatures. If I can reach that im sure Ubisoft will Bring Back The Hood

Ix FaTaLiiTy II
11-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Trust me, there are people out there who want the hood back just as much as you do...but for Ubisoft to take notice...i just hope it works.

Dont stay quiet, people. If you want the hood back, let your opinon be heard!

kriegerdesgottes
11-03-2012, 12:23 AM
You got my vote but these things are truly worthless.

asssassinscreed
11-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Just change it please. why couldnt u just have kept it like it was in the game previous?? hood off in homestead and on everywhere else...or even just let us toggle it on and off! 3 years and we dont even get that!! it was an amazing game which just makes me so mad that someone just said "you know what would be cool?" taking away the hood :)!! WHY!? yes it shows connors struggle but why couldnt u hav just put the option in there! Its been a topic of conversation since the second game. pleaaassssee ubisoft just make this change. don't ruin the rest of the experiance by taking away the ONE iconic part of the series.

UtilityTortoise
11-03-2012, 07:51 AM
I have no problems with the haircut, I just want an OPTION for the hood as well.The models are already in the game and working just fine, it would be so nice to have a very important symbol (for many of us I"m sure) back.

Nnamerif
11-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I want the hoodie back fa sho lol

shobhit7777777
11-03-2012, 08:13 AM
I have been with this franchise all the way through and have seen assassins with hoods the whole time. which I loved and now that I have beaten assassins creed 3, I learned after Ubisofts 40 minute credits, that you do not get to wear your hood again. which is kind of eliminating the whole concept of freedom in this game. So I am creating this petition to bring back the hood in any upcoming patches Ubisoft plans on making I plan on at least 5000 signatures. If I can reach that im sure Ubisoft will Bring Back The Hood

Wait..after the game ends..the Hood comes off? Permanently?

****ing great.

Jean44magnum
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Ubisoft how could you tack away the hood.the hood makes the assassin,not the skills or weapons,the hood does.Bring it back it just makes the game unfun without the hood!!!!!

Legendz54
11-03-2012, 10:43 AM
The only alternative i can think of until it is resolved is to unlock Achilles robes by completing all the homestead missions, I have it now and my hood is back up.

peepeevs
11-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Ok, I was very very excited playing through the game at first. Conner seemed to be every bit the character I had hoped for. But then, (and I have been seeing these complaints multiple times now), the ending. It is completely depressing, and when it turned out I can't even put on the hood anymore to cover up that F'd up hairdo of his, the whole game to sorta dropped for me. All of the excitement I had for the game was completely vanished, and replaced by hollowness.
Please, I know they cannot change the ending anymore, but please bring back the hood, and his old hairdo, because that will at least relieve it a bit for me.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Well its certainly a better petition than that crap change ending petition. But ontopic, I'm a Templar and I signed the petition :D

HellSniper666
11-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Signed, Bring the Hood back

ProdiGurl
11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Wait..after the game ends..the Hood comes off? Permanently?

****ing great.

lol. I remember last year how people wanted the hood off after some glitch or whatever in one of the scenes where Ezio's hood is off... that was all the rage and people were leaving it off & loved it.
Now they provide that and people are angry that they took the hood away for something different and to fans liking last year.
No matter what they do for fans, they get bagged on for it.
I don't care either way.

sgg847
11-03-2012, 12:14 PM
**** the hood...I want this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi-tmNpvSCZ6wx7F4dhV9k_tZUxgZNDUI8NgvIhhNqqNEqIde5SQ

capachone
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Signed, HOOD BACK

jepsio
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Hood Back up :D

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't want any spoilers but guess who's not going to be doing Sequence 12 for a looooooong time ;D hahaha

I'll probably just stick around Sequence 11 free roaming, start up a new profile and quickly drive through the stuff I already played, ignoring sync and side missions and then finish the last sequence to get the story, but my 'main game' will remain "frozen" until they patch the game to let us have the hood back or whatever. I hope they keep the hoodless variant though. I wouldn't mind using it from time to time by being able to switch it out via the basement or whatever haha

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 12:24 PM
People, we have some traitors within our ranks!

BBALive
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
You got my vote but these things are truly worthless.

Worked for Dark Souls' PC port.

I also realised that Connor's hair turns back to normal if you put on the prisoner outfit. I don't know about other outfits, since that's the only one I've got right now.

CRANK 132
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I usually hate these sorts of things, but I really will miss my hood when I complete the game! I have voted.

Failure1998
11-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Why Ubisoft, why,why,why? Why did you have to get rid of the hood!? I'm certain that I am not the only one who thinks that the hood is one of the key ingredients for making an Assassin's creed game, and you took it out at the end? Why on earth would you even do that? Now I have to make a new save profile so then hang around in the beginning of sequence 11 so I don't lose my hood. Please Ubisoft fix it.

Silent Running5
11-03-2012, 03:12 PM
voted. for the option to wear or not wear the hood.

deskp
11-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't want the hood back permanently, i can wear other outfits for that, I would like a toggle tho..

liamr11
11-03-2012, 04:07 PM
In a perfect world i'd like to be able to toggle my hood with a single button, but as long as i get my hood back on Connor's awesome default outfit, i don't mind

freddie_1897
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
just get rid of the fudging mohawk

Pr0metheus 1962
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
To be honest, for me the hood was getting a bit weird. I mean, these assassins are supposed to blend in, and while a hood was good for the 1190s and okay for the 1490s, it starts to look a bit odd in the 1770s. Still, whether the game character wears it or not should be an option that the player controls, not a decision forced on us by the developers.

lbrosfilm
11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
/signed

Bring it back! The Ezio skin has no arrow quiver, so there goes using that!

Azula2005
11-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Man, i'll vote for this for sure

Azula2005
11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
http://imageshack.us/f/577/29526673.jpg/

Protoman1987
11-03-2012, 06:09 PM
BRING IT BACKKKK, no hood makes me cry

BBALive
11-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I have circumvented it for now. I'm wearing the John DelaTour outfit you get for completing the Manor Mysteries side quests, which has the hood up at all times. It's kind of similar to Connor's pre-alpha outfit.

BakeAnCake
11-03-2012, 07:41 PM
No Hood = No Assassin

SquarePolo27
11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Since you made it checkbox instead of radio buttons, I checked both. Umad? :P

adamsocal
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/assassin-s-creed-3-fanbase-get-ubisoft-to-allow-toggling-on-off-of-connor-s-hood

lolzz19
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
To say my opinion it isn't just the ''you dont get to wear your hood anymore ha-ha umad'' it's the ******ed mohawk aswell. Some people are complaining about this because they want the hood, and some just hate the hair, I hate both. I want my hood, and I want Connor's old hair, it's more badass. I really hope Ubisoft sees this and gives us an option to toggle the hood on and off, and make the mohawk and the regular hair two different outfits, if that's too hard, then atleast just give us an option to pick between the mohawk and no hood, and the Normal assassins robes.
Please Ubisoft, we beg you, this is such a great game, and I want to be able to enjoy it after I finish it aswell, because it has so much roleplaying potential, more than any other AC game, but the lame hairstyle and not being able to put your hood back on really ruins it all.

adamsocal
11-03-2012, 09:15 PM
revised address:
http://www.change.org/petitions/assassin-s-creed-3-fanbase-get-ubisoft-to-allow-toggling-on-off-of-connor-s-hood

FilipDK
11-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Exactly !

nodnarb300
11-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Bring back the hood Ubisoft! Pleeeeaasee!!!!!!

Bashilir
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
lol. I remember last year how people wanted the hood off after some glitch or whatever in one of the scenes where Ezio's hood is off... that was all the rage and people were leaving it off & loved it.
Now they provide that and people are angry that they took the hood away for something different and to fans liking last year.
No matter what they do for fans, they get bagged on for it.
I don't care either way.

There's a difference. That was a glitch that was optional. Not everyone wants the hood off.

lolzz19
11-04-2012, 01:46 AM
There's a difference. That was a glitch that was optional. Not everyone wants the hood off.
++here you also get a hairstyle the majority of players think is really lame

Altazionnor
11-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Seriously, WHY???!!!! 'Let's get rid of the hood, it's not like it's iconic and everyone assimilates it with the series, is it?' Jezus,what were they thinking... Maybe they should take out the hidden blades aswell, and the free-running. Oh and yeah, maybe set the game in 3012 or something like that, that way everything that's great about the series is completely gone, because that seems to be the thing you want, Ubi.

darthdude1997
11-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Hey thanks everyone I actually didn't expect this many people to care about this. I was apparently wrong and am very glad I was. Keep em coming guys

lekudr
11-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Wow. Thats all I can say...why the hood? The hood makes up about 80% of the assassin character Ubisoft strives to create so why not bring it back or at least give us an option to take it on or off. And whats with the haircut? His earlier haircut before he decided to grow a mohawk was alot better. Other than the hood thing I would say this game was the best of the franchise yet!

piolun
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I want to put on connor's hood, back on his head. Hood is iconic, is a symbol of assassin and now it's not the same without it... I want the hood back.

the_heat11
11-04-2012, 05:26 PM
As everyone pretty much says, just give us an option to put on/take off the hood! it would make everyone happy.

divine1990
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
OK I have played through every single one of the platform games and the Hood is one of the main things that make assassins creed. I understand that by taking it off it symbolizes that Connor is finished but the Hood is symbolic. It represents who we are in the creed, and is iconic of the series he should be at least have it on outside of the homestead just cause his mission is done does not mean the brotherhood is. Connor represents the rebirth of the assassins in America the brotherhood continues through him and his recruits. He like ezio has to train them and he represents the very heart of the creed in America by completely removing the Hood after the story you are striping us of the master assassins conor is to become. Give us the option please to put back on to those of us who understand the meaning of it not just cause it looks good.

freddie_1897
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
just put it as an animus hack. not difficult

DevoJett12
11-05-2012, 01:43 AM
Agreed, I always loved the hood, plus honestly I really am not a fan of a flat pulled back into a pony tail haircut. Let me just say that if Ubisoft does make a new patch to fix said issue, then I might possibly pee my pants... With joy or course.

AU7thGear
11-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Signed!

FL4PPYflap
11-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Signed! Ubisoft, if you want to do Everyone a huge favor, make it so that your can wear the hood on OR off whenever you want. BTW you can have a hood on with Ezio's outfit, but not Connor's. BUT, Connor's outfit looks cooler than Ezio's IMO so Ubisoft put the hood back on Connor's robes!

FL4PPYflap
11-05-2012, 05:21 AM
It should be easy to patch, because it's already in the coding so...

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 06:09 AM
I just beat the game and I personally really like the mohawk. I like it better than the hairstyle before. It's really bad ***, but yeah a hood toggle would be cool. I really don't think we will get it considering we never got the remove armor feature for any of the games that was first requested back in AC2 or the ability to remove weapons completely even though there are tricks to do it. With the way the game plays out if you do the homestead missions correctly as the main story progresses instead of after the main story, I'm pretty sure Ubi intended for players to use Achilles outfit (which is 10 times cooler than any of the other special outfit's for ezio). I really like that connor has the hood down with the mohawk since it gives us options between Achilles and Connor's new look.

But a hood toggle would still be nice

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2012, 06:52 AM
The most annoying thing about Connor's Mohawk for anyone who studies history is that Mohawk Indians never actually used that hairstyle. The Mohawk was actually a Pawnee hairstyle. When an Assassin's Creed game gets this kind of detail that badly wrong, it suggests that the game has lost its way somewhat. Sure, it's a small detail, but AC games usually get this stuff right.

Jay_2750
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Please remove it...

Or even patch it into the game for a toggle. R3 could be a toggle button for on/off?

TeamCoby
11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Just put the hood back on.

TheArcaneEagle
11-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm not completing the game (as much as I want to) until Ubisoft do something about this, I don't mind the mohawk (I don't like the tattoo's either) but getting rid of the hood is like getting rid of his Hidden Blades, they are unique to the Assassin Order. :mad:

A toggle for hood would be awesome, and furthermore for the tattoo's aswell. I can understand why they wanted to keep it as an Native American aspect but disabling the hood is over the top and is not worth completing the Story Mode until something has been done about it.

Who would Batman without his mask? Or Spiderman without his web abilities? Who is an assassin without the hood? :(

LiLChris303
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Thiz really needz to be done!!! Whatz an azzazzin without hiz hood???

dandins
11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
i fully support this petition. i guess some player dont know what you mean with the options of the poll.

just make option 1 = hood back
option 2 = dont want hood back

people will spend most time with this game after story and they dont wanna play without hood.

if ubi is intelligent, they are allready working on it

NOLA_Assassin
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Ok, I was very very excited playing through the game at first. Conner seemed to be every bit the character I had hoped for. But then, (and I have been seeing these complaints multiple times now), the ending. It is completely depressing, and when it turned out I can't even put on the hood anymore to cover up that F'd up hairdo of his, the whole game to sorta dropped for me. All of the excitement I had for the game was completely vanished, and replaced by hollowness.
Please, I know they cannot change the ending anymore, but please bring back the hood, and his old hairdo, because that will at least relieve it a bit for me.

Don't you think you're being a tad over-dramatic?

dandins
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Don't you think you're being a tad over-dramatic?

guess he just loves the original ac3 outfit, and without the hood it doesnt feel like playing an assassin anymore.
I feel the same way.. now that i finally finished the story, I wanted to start discovering... doing optional quests.. daveport missions.. and and and..
but it no fun anymore.. i wanna do it like an assassin..

actually it also stupid that hes not wearing the hood in daveport before you finished the story..

one single option (toogle hood on/off) would solve everything.. and it would give more freedom to the player.. being able to decide whenever i want the hood..
it could also be a cool feature.. when people follow you - you toggle hood on and get incognito or something like that..

Its just like: you cant use hidden blades anymore after finishing story..

the hood.. the blades.. this makes AC unique

(achilles outfit is so ugly...)

luckyto
11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Bring back the hood, please. Just keep it the way it is in the game. Off on Homestead, on everywhere else.

Mr_Shade
11-07-2012, 11:55 PM
please keep the discussion in the ongoing thread..

There is no need for a poll - since they are aware of this request from some of the community - also the poll options = are one sided, so it may not be a fair poll..

Please post all discussion in this thread - so we have a central place to relay news.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720804-SPOILERS-Connor-s-model-after-story-Please-Ubi-take-a-look