PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III Ending (MAJOR SPOILERS ALERT) (Putting all the pieces together)

TheBoss0666
11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Summary of the Final Events of Desmonds Story and ACIII :

After charging up the Grand Temple and finally passing through the gate desmond is presented with the option of placing his hand over the glowing orb device and releasing Juno back into the world whilst at the same time saving the planet from destruction but himself dying in the process, alternatively he could choose to listen to Minerva and allow the destruction but prevent Juno from returning and carrying out her plans which most likely will be to hunt down the remaining Pieces of Eden or using her own powers or perhaps both to subjugate humanity as was done by herself, Minerva, Tinia and the rest of her First Civilization people.
Desmond chose to save humanity and the planet by sacrificing himself.

Before I discuss any further I prefer to look at the pieces of information we are given prior to ACIII.
In AC I at the end desmond discovers several images and writings left by subject 16 (clay) on the walls and floors of the area of abstergo that housed the animus, images relating to the Nasca markings in Peru, the temples of the Mayans, the island of Yonaguni which existed near Japan, of the the "between chinese emperor jiajing and Quetzcoatl's hunger lies the answer " or something to that effect

Our first encounter with the First Civilization is through Ezio (In ACII ) and his meeting with Minerva in the Vatican Vault. Here Minerva mentions a bit about the creation of humanity, its control by them (The First Civilization), the creation of many devices to control the people but to also serve other various purposes and finally their ignorance of the "heavens" leading to the demise of the planet and most of its inhabitants by a major solar flare which scorched the Earth. In parting Ezio she mentions information regarding many temples being built in the aftermath of the catastrophe in the hopes of saving the world from future catastrophes, she directly speaks of finding all the temples, activating them and hopefully saving the planet from destruction with Desmond being the person that must do so.

In ACII we are also shown the truth video which shows briefly the subjugation of mankind to work for the first civilization in Eden and Adam and Eve's escape from the place with an apple of eden.

In AC: Brotherhood we are given a further two pieces of information :
Firstly the message from Subject 16 (Clay) who starts of by saying : " its far later than you know, to late to save them" "She is not who you think she is, everything you hold dear is already gone" , "Eden ...she..in Eden....Eve....the key..her DNA" "the sun..your son "

the second message is in the temple under the Collosseum where we meet Juno for the first time. From the onset she has a distinct dislike for humanity, despising humanities creation,actions and abilities, she diminishes the abilities of mankind and elaborates a bit more of how humans were created so as to be easily controlled, abilities removed especially she notes the ability to interpret things in the enhanced way that her kind does, like eagle vision for example. She also says you will come here, you will activate it, you will only know when its too late" Desmond places his hand on the apple of eden that Ezio stored there and immediately falls under Juno's control who forces him to stab Lucy, her justification for words of resistance to moving towards Lucy to stab her is that "you do not know , we must guide you" . Before he stabs Lucy she mentions something very interesting " There is one who would accompany you through the gate, SHE lies not withing our sight the cross darkens the horizon".
Once Lucy has been stabbed she says something along the lines of "it is done, the way lies before you. Only SHE remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE "

In light of the events of ACIII's conclusion alot of things were not explained from the aforementioned pieces of information.
Firstly I'd like to look at Minervas message, until Tinia spoke at the end of AC Revelations, it seemed to be very important to find and activate ALL the temples that she mentioned were built. Even in ACB, Desmond and crew believe in finding all the temples and seek to ask the apple for information about where to find them. Could it be that though, as inclined by Tinia, that all those temples contained failed attempts to save the planet and that all information was transmitted to the Grand Temple that perhaps Tinia interpreted things wrong, that Minerva, as Tinia says was always good with the calculations, was right and that all the temples needed to be activated inorder for the the Grand Temple to function properly and save the planet.Perhaps information, power and certain abilities transmitted by each temple would combined be capable of performing what was needed. Tinia cut corners and preferred to direct Desmond to the Grand Temple and save time instead of going to each of the other temples where failed attempts were contained. If the Grand Temple was of such high importance why did Minerva make no mention of it? She certainly did not know of Juno's accomplishment in sealing herself in the grand temple so that can be ruled out as a reason.

Going forward from ACIII could it be that these other temples would need to be found, their information, abilities, power and the messages left behind there by the First Civilization would aid the resistance to Juno in understanding their technologies, how and why each temples designated attempt to save the world failed and thus gaining information as to how Juno may have succeeding to getting one of the methods to work, the method in particular being the ability to transform consciousness into a digital form to allow for survival as mentioned by her in the Grand Temple when Desmond was placing one of the artifacts to power up the temple.

An interesting thought about these temples, in light of what Juno has done, is that since the consciousness of Minverva seems to still exist could it be that by activating each temple the respective first civilization members consciousness would also be awoken and allowed to roam the planet again maybe even come back properly as Juno seemingly has. Could that have be an ulterior motive of the first civilization all along since the initial catastrophe. Will Minerva still be around and if so will she be helping the resistance to fight against Juno by providing information and guidance of the workings of the first civilization? I could see such occurring if she still exists. She was certainly able to arrive from somewhere to speak to desmond at the end of AC III. Tinia surprisingly was completely absent from the events at the end despite him being the one who not only mentioned the Grand Temple in the first place but directed the Assassins to it explicitly . Is it possible that he has been in collusion with Juno all this time, stringing the Assassins throughout history and now Juno will play her part and release him from dormancy. Juno says to desmond's dead body that he has played his part and now she must play hers, could releasing Tinia back into the world be her "part"/role"

The way forward from AC III to me has already been stated by subject 16 all the way back in ACB, he says its too late could it be that he was also presented with a similar choice to desmond, that Juno informed him that he either saves the world by guiding desmond towards subsequently aiding her or else see the world destroyed.
Clay mentions a SON, could it be that Desmond knocked up some unknown woman whom has since given birth to his son and as such must be the one that the resistance seeks in-order to access memories that will aid in defeating Juno. Desmonds son will potentially have Altair, Ezio and Connors DNA since Desmond has it, also Desmond asks his dad if he entered the Animus and allowed abstergo to access Connors DNA while he was captured indicating that William Miles also by extension has Altair and Ezios memories in his DNA and so could potentially have other significant ancestors whom also had significant First Civilization DNA to properly commune with pieces of Eden and interact with the temples the First Civilization built thus Desmonds son would also have intact memories of all of Desmonds ancestors.
Of-course Ubisoft could just scrap William Miles, Rebecca and Shaun into the background and introduce completely new characters many years in the future in a sort of reboot of the series story arc with a protagonist that has no relation at all to Desmond, this in my opinion should be avoided as it destroys everything that Desmond has done and what has occurred in all the games that have been produced thus far. Clay speaks of Desmonds Son and I personally would not like to see this passed over and simply ignored, it is possible that they could somehow disregard it and say that Desmond never had any children and even if he did the new character has memories which seem to be more important and aides a quicker resolution than searching for a child that may well not exist but I hope they don't do this I have no proper justification apart from saying that the story has been so immersive thus far that it would be saddening to see things that were mentioned previously being completely over looked.

Clay and Juno (In ACB) state that a woman needed to be found, clay states its Eve and the key is her DNA, this would seem to work against the idea of desmonds son being the modern day protagonist since desmond was most likely a direct descendant of Adam. Could it then be that a new protagonist who is a direct descendant of Eve needs to be found and his/her memories explored.
The end of revelations and the mentioning of the Grand Temple to me meant that Desmond had to find a descendant of Eve or perhaps Eve herself was still alive and they together would be able to properly interact with the Grand Temple to save the world. Juno said only one can accompany him through the gate yet in the Grand Temple the key was an amulet not a Eve, her descendant or some fragment activated by or containing her DNA. Could it be that Juno's message in ACB was a recording she made prior to her decision to betray Minerva and Tinia, that the gate to Eden needed to be past and that something/s contained in Eden would be required to save the world.

Of-course now, post AC III, there is no threat of global catastrophe but if Ubisoft keeps true to what they put in previous games, then to me the future of the Assassins Creed Series will center around finding Eden and the necessary requirements to obtain what is necessary from the site where Eden existed in-order to have the potential ability to defeat Juno. Eden was certainly destroyed in the catastrophe that occurred but surely if the first civilization managed to build a Grand Temple to survive a similar disaster it is possible that they built their own personal buildings to survive aswell or at the very least produced devices to prevent their destruction. A post apocalypse Eden could also have been built, I mean those that survived certainly must have rebuilt alot of their previous buildings, homes and weapons etc and maybe it is this Eden like place that needs to be found. Eve, her DNA and perhaps memories linked to her will also feature quite prominently as according to both Clay and Juno she is of very high importance and a key to something very significant.

Possible locations that could feature for future Assassins creed games have already been indicated in the games, the island of Yonaguni, North Africa (Egypt and perhaps Tanzania where Eden may have been located since the mountain shown in the truth video of AC II looks alot like Mt Kilimanjaro, France, Victorian England. Though it was not mentioned in AC, the island of Atlantis could bare importance both it and Yonaguni are said to have been destroyed by a natural disaster this could be played up by Ubisoft as having been the catastrophe that afflicted the first civilization. A link between China and South America may also be explored, Shao Jun was mentioned as having been around during Emperor Jiajiangs reign and if clays message is true then China and South America or some place linking the two might be explored. Subject 16 certainly felt that there was some link between Jiajiangs endeavours and Quetzcoatl( who invaded areas of South America) especially since his message said " the answer lies between Quetzcoatl's hunger and Emperor jiajiang " or something to that effect, cant remember the thing properly .

To summarize very shortly what I believe the future AC storyline will revolve around will be Eve, Eden and the workings of the First Civilization prior and after the great catastrophe that destroyed most of their kind until their "deaths". Minerva may be of importance, the role of Tinia is greatly unknown and as for the protagonist for me its either a descendant of Eve or Desmonds lost son.

I'm not sure if I have really properly put the pieces of information from the previous games together properly but these are just my thoughts, rip apart at free will :)

bizzysgs
11-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah,Im sorry to inform you that you're reading too much into this.I used to be like you but now I came to the realisation that they have no idea where they are going with the story and they never had.They are improvising as they go... Too many things that were mentioned in previous games don't add up or are forgotten.And I'm sure we will never hear of a son in future games.They really don't care if they stay true to the game's origin.After playing AC3 I finally saw this franchise for what it really is.

BlackRose1809
11-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Summary of the Final Events of Desmonds Story and ACIII :

After charging up the Grand Temple and finally passing through the gate desmond is presented with the option of placing his hand over the glowing orb device and releasing Juno back into the world whilst at the same time saving the planet from destruction but himself dying in the process, alternatively he could choose to listen to Minerva and allow the destruction but prevent Juno from returning and carrying out her plans which most likely will be to hunt down the remaining Pieces of Eden or using her own powers or perhaps both to subjugate humanity as was done by herself, Minerva, Tinia and the rest of her First Civilization people.
Desmond chose to save humanity and the planet by sacrificing himself.

Before I discuss any further I prefer to look at the pieces of information we are given prior to ACIII.
In AC I at the end desmond discovers several images and writings left by subject 16 (clay) on the walls and floors of the area of abstergo that housed the animus, images relating to the Nasca markings in Peru, the temples of the Mayans, the island of Yonaguni which existed near Japan, of the the "between chinese emperor jiajing and Quetzcoatl's hunger lies the answer " or something to that effect

Our first encounter with the First Civilization is through Ezio (In ACII ) and his meeting with Minerva in the Vatican Vault. Here Minerva mentions a bit about the creation of humanity, its control by them (The First Civilization), the creation of many devices to control the people but to also serve other various purposes and finally their ignorance of the "heavens" leading to the demise of the planet and most of its inhabitants by a major solar flare which scorched the Earth. In parting Ezio she mentions information regarding many temples being built in the aftermath of the catastrophe in the hopes of saving the world from future catastrophes, she directly speaks of finding all the temples, activating them and hopefully saving the planet from destruction with Desmond being the person that must do so.

In ACII we are also shown the truth video which shows briefly the subjugation of mankind to work for the first civilization in Eden and Adam and Eve's escape from the place with an apple of eden.

In AC: Brotherhood we are given a further two pieces of information :
Firstly the message from Subject 16 (Clay) who starts of by saying : " its far later than you know, to late to save them" "She is not who you think she is, everything you hold dear is already gone" , "Eden ...she..in Eden....Eve....the key..her DNA" "the sun..your son "

the second message is in the temple under the Collosseum where we meet Juno for the first time. From the onset she has a distinct dislike for humanity, despising humanities creation,actions and abilities, she diminishes the abilities of mankind and elaborates a bit more of how humans were created so as to be easily controlled, abilities removed especially she notes the ability to interpret things in the enhanced way that her kind does, like eagle vision for example. She also says you will come here, you will activate it, you will only know when its too late" Desmond places his hand on the apple of eden that Ezio stored there and immediately falls under Juno's control who forces him to stab Lucy, her justification for words of resistance to moving towards Lucy to stab her is that "you do not know , we must guide you" . Before he stabs Lucy she mentions something very interesting " There is one who would accompany you through the gate, SHE lies not withing our sight the cross darkens the horizon".
Once Lucy has been stabbed she says something along the lines of "it is done, the way lies before you. Only SHE remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE "

In light of the events of ACIII's conclusion alot of things were not explained from the aforementioned pieces of information.
Firstly I'd like to look at Minervas message, until Tinia spoke at the end of AC Revelations, it seemed to be very important to find and activate ALL the temples that she mentioned were built. Even in ACB, Desmond and crew believe in finding all the temples and seek to ask the apple for information about where to find them. Could it be that though, as inclined by Tinia, that all those temples contained failed attempts to save the planet and that all information was transmitted to the Grand Temple that perhaps Tinia interpreted things wrong, that Minerva, as Tinia says was always good with the calculations, was right and that all the temples needed to be activated inorder for the the Grand Temple to function properly and save the planet.Perhaps information, power and certain abilities transmitted by each temple would combined be capable of performing what was needed. Tinia cut corners and preferred to direct Desmond to the Grand Temple and save time instead of going to each of the other temples where failed attempts were contained. If the Grand Temple was of such high importance why did Minerva make no mention of it? She certainly did not know of Juno's accomplishment in sealing herself in the grand temple so that can be ruled out as a reason.

Going forward from ACIII could it be that these other temples would need to be found, their information, abilities, power and the messages left behind there by the First Civilization would aid the resistance to Juno in understanding their technologies, how and why each temples designated attempt to save the world failed and thus gaining information as to how Juno may have succeeding to getting one of the methods to work, the method in particular being the ability to transform consciousness into a digital form to allow for survival as mentioned by her in the Grand Temple when Desmond was placing one of the artifacts to power up the temple.

An interesting thought about these temples, in light of what Juno has done, is that since the consciousness of Minverva seems to still exist could it be that by activating each temple the respective first civilization members consciousness would also be awoken and allowed to roam the planet again maybe even come back properly as Juno seemingly has. Could that have be an ulterior motive of the first civilization all along since the initial catastrophe. Will Minerva still be around and if so will she be helping the resistance to fight against Juno by providing information and guidance of the workings of the first civilization? I could see such occurring if she still exists. She was certainly able to arrive from somewhere to speak to desmond at the end of AC III. Tinia surprisingly was completely absent from the events at the end despite him being the one who not only mentioned the Grand Temple in the first place but directed the Assassins to it explicitly . Is it possible that he has been in collusion with Juno all this time, stringing the Assassins throughout history and now Juno will play her part and release him from dormancy. Juno says to desmond's dead body that he has played his part and now she must play hers, could releasing Tinia back into the world be her "part"/role"

The way forward from AC III to me has already been stated by subject 16 all the way back in ACB, he says its too late could it be that he was also presented with a similar choice to desmond, that Juno informed him that he either saves the world by guiding desmond towards subsequently aiding her or else see the world destroyed.
Clay mentions a SON, could it be that Desmond knocked up some unknown woman whom has since given birth to his son and as such must be the one that the resistance seeks in-order to access memories that will aid in defeating Juno. Desmonds son will potentially have Altair, Ezio and Connors DNA since Desmond has it, also Desmond asks his dad if he entered the Animus and allowed abstergo to access Connors DNA while he was captured indicating that William Miles also by extension has Altair and Ezios memories in his DNA and so could potentially have other significant ancestors whom also had significant First Civilization DNA to properly commune with pieces of Eden and interact with the temples the First Civilization built thus Desmonds son would also have intact memories of all of Desmonds ancestors.
Of-course Ubisoft could just scrap William Miles, Rebecca and Shaun into the background and introduce completely new characters many years in the future in a sort of reboot of the series story arc with a protagonist that has no relation at all to Desmond, this in my opinion should be avoided as it destroys everything that Desmond has done and what has occurred in all the games that have been produced thus far. Clay speaks of Desmonds Son and I personally would not like to see this passed over and simply ignored, it is possible that they could somehow disregard it and say that Desmond never had any children and even if he did the new character has memories which seem to be more important and aides a quicker resolution than searching for a child that may well not exist but I hope they don't do this I have no proper justification apart from saying that the story has been so immersive thus far that it would be saddening to see things that were mentioned previously being completely over looked.

Clay and Juno (In ACB) state that a woman needed to be found, clay states its Eve and the key is her DNA, this would seem to work against the idea of desmonds son being the modern day protagonist since desmond was most likely a direct descendant of Adam. Could it then be that a new protagonist who is a direct descendant of Eve needs to be found and his/her memories explored.
The end of revelations and the mentioning of the Grand Temple to me meant that Desmond had to find a descendant of Eve or perhaps Eve herself was still alive and they together would be able to properly interact with the Grand Temple to save the world. Juno said only one can accompany him through the gate yet in the Grand Temple the key was an amulet not a Eve, her descendant or some fragment activated by or containing her DNA. Could it be that Juno's message in ACB was a recording she made prior to her decision to betray Minerva and Tinia, that the gate to Eden needed to be past and that something/s contained in Eden would be required to save the world.

Of-course now, post AC III, there is no threat of global catastrophe but if Ubisoft keeps true to what they put in previous games, then to me the future of the Assassins Creed Series will center around finding Eden and the necessary requirements to obtain what is necessary from the site where Eden existed in-order to have the potential ability to defeat Juno. Eden was certainly destroyed in the catastrophe that occurred but surely if the first civilization managed to build a Grand Temple to survive a similar disaster it is possible that they built their own personal buildings to survive aswell or at the very least produced devices to prevent their destruction. A post apocalypse Eden could also have been built, I mean those that survived certainly must have rebuilt alot of their previous buildings, homes and weapons etc and maybe it is this Eden like place that needs to be found. Eve, her DNA and perhaps memories linked to her will also feature quite prominently as according to both Clay and Juno she is of very high importance and a key to something very significant.

Possible locations that could feature for future Assassins creed games have already been indicated in the games, the island of Yonaguni, North Africa (Egypt and perhaps Tanzania where Eden may have been located since the mountain shown in the truth video of AC II looks alot like Mt Kilimanjaro, France, Victorian England. Though it was not mentioned in AC, the island of Atlantis could bare importance both it and Yonaguni are said to have been destroyed by a natural disaster this could be played up by Ubisoft as having been the catastrophe that afflicted the first civilization. A link between China and South America may also be explored, Shao Jun was mentioned as having been around during Emperor Jiajiangs reign and if clays message is true then China and South America or some place linking the two might be explored. Subject 16 certainly felt that there was some link between Jiajiangs endeavours and Quetzcoatl( who invaded areas of South America) especially since his message said " the answer lies between Quetzcoatl's hunger and Emperor jiajiang " or something to that effect, cant remember the thing properly .

To summarize very shortly what I believe the future AC storyline will revolve around will be Eve, Eden and the workings of the First Civilization prior and after the great catastrophe that destroyed most of their kind until their "deaths". Minerva may be of importance, the role of Tinia is greatly unknown and as for the protagonist for me its either a descendant of Eve or Desmonds lost son.

I'm not sure if I have really properly put the pieces of information from the previous games together properly but these are just my thoughts, rip apart at free will :)

Yeah,Im sorry to inform you that you're reading too much into this.I used to be like you but now I came to the realisation that they have no idea where they are going with the story and they never had.They are improvising as they go... Too many things that were mentioned in previous games don't add up or are forgotten.And I'm sure we will never hear of a son in future games.They really don't care if they stay true to the game's origin.After playing AC3 I finally saw this franchise for what it really is.

First, ignore the troll

Second, While I do understand why the troll said what he said, I do think that that's how some stories are made... it seems like it's being thrown around, but it ends up being that they thought of the story in the first place. Example? Kingdom Hearts... I first thought that Nomura was just pulling the story out of his *** as he went, but in fact, he thought of the whole story since the first game. I think that this is the case, that it may seem like it is, but I believe that there's more to come.... I was confused as well at the end, but who knows, maybe there's a reason for the way it ended.

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 03:00 AM
This is actually somewhat true. They have somekind of direction they want to go to, the rest is more or less improvised. I mean AC II wasn't even planned at all.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I mean AC II wasn't even planned at all.

It wasn't? O.o

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 03:46 AM
It wasn't? O.o
I'm not 100% sure, but I read it somewhere a long time ago, maybe I'm wrong. Just googled it, I guess I was wrong. Doesen't change my opinion though x). It really all seems so random and spontan to me, though.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I read it somewhere a long time ago, maybe I'm wrong. Just googled it, I guess I was wrong. Doesen't change my opinion though x). It really all seems so random and spontan to me, though.

To me it seems they generally stuck with the idea, while making some alterations here and there, like adding ACR etc..

thejoshknight
11-03-2012, 04:00 AM
If I remember right, they had only hoped for a trilogy max. Then when the game sold so much... well, they wanted more sales. And now it seems like they might end up with 10 games.

I think you can see the trilogy hopes in AC1, because I don't recall a single reference to the First Civ in that game. I could never have predicted the sci-fi direction the story has went then. It seems like once they realized they wanted to make more games, they needed to get a much more complex story, and the first civ was born.

I also don't think the Lucy arc was planned at the time, as it's implementation still seems very rushed and half-done. Seems like they just came up with "She was going to steal the apple" around AC2 because they had realized they needed another plot device for a game. Her death directly contributed to Desmond's coma, and therefore the entire 4th game.

But hey, I'm not complaining. I've enjoyed the story, so it doesn't really matter to me if they knew what they were going to do from the start or not.

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 04:32 AM
If I remember right, they had only hoped for a trilogy max. Then when the game sold so much... well, they wanted more sales. And now it seems like they might end up with 10 games.

I think you can see the trilogy hopes in AC1, because I don't recall a single reference to the First Civ in that game. I could never have predicted the sci-fi direction the story has went then. It seems like once they realized they wanted to make more games, they needed to get a much more complex story, and the first civ was born.

I also don't think the Lucy arc was planned at the time, as it's implementation still seems very rushed and half-done. Seems like they just came up with "She was going to steal the apple" around AC2 because they had realized they needed another plot device for a game. Her death directly contributed to Desmond's coma, and therefore the entire 4th game.

But hey, I'm not complaining. I've enjoyed the story, so it doesn't really matter to me if they knew what they were going to do from the start or not.
I haven't enjoyed the story of the last one that much, but it's okay. I'm kinda disappointed. But yeah it isn't that, yet. But things like that change direction pretty quickly. I think Ubi should stay careful.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 04:45 AM
I haven't enjoyed the story of the last one that much, but it's okay. I'm kinda disappointed. But yeah it isn't that, yet. But things like that change direction pretty quickly. I think Ubi should stay careful.

To that I'll agree. I'd like the to take a 2-3 year gap, now that Desmond's story is done. Do other projects, PoP and the likes, and come back afresh.

NinjaOnFire
11-03-2012, 04:52 AM
4am so TL;DR is in effect, posting purely to make the thread easier to find if it drops off first page by tomorrow afternoon.
Ignore this post and move along.

TheBoss0666
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
First, ignore the troll

Second, While I do understand why the troll said what he said, I do think that that's how some stories are made... it seems like it's being thrown around, but it ends up being that they thought of the story in the first place. Example? Kingdom Hearts... I first thought that Nomura was just pulling the story out of his *** as he went, but in fact, he thought of the whole story since the first game. I think that this is the case, that it may seem like it is, but I believe that there's more to come.... I was confused as well at the end, but who knows, maybe there's a reason for the way it ended.

I agree with you, I understand where bizzysgs "the troll" lol, is coming from, the ending seems too haphazardly put together, in fact the entire modern day portion of ACIII. I expected Desmonds sequences to be more interesting, more involving the mysteries of AC lore and the First Civilization, of him and others finally openly discussing the truth videos of Adam and Eve escaping and Clays cryptic messages but instead it involved him being a sort of errand boy going around finding those charging artifacts. I have a gripe with Warren Vidics death also, it was such an important moment something we all hoped would happen but I personally hoped there would be a whole death scene where warren like victims in the animus, state their final words, the reasons behind their intentions and actions and what they seeked to gain instead it was just bang and bye bye Vidic. As for Daniel Cross, I thought he was to head up the team that was being sent to the area near the grand temple where Abstergo detected William Miles to be, for him , Cross, to track him and find out what the Assassins where up to in the area leading to some sort of open clash at the temple or outside of it between the Abstergo team sent there and Desmond and crew. But anyways its about the way forward now and I hope that like you say, there is a direction to everything in story so far and UbiSoft have not abandoned the foundations they have laid in the games prior to ACIII. Those foundations may not have been exploited in ACIII but they are certainly highly important for they are what the AC series has been built on. Right now the next game in AC has been elevated to a level beyond that of ACIII and the games prior because , for me, it is now the critical poitn of the series where the question of will they stay true to the story that has been built or will they ignore it and lay down new foundations in a complete "F-U" to the findings and information of previous games and the discoveries and sacrifices of Clay, Altair, Ezio, Connor and of-course Desmond. These characters dedicated their lives , more so everyone else baring Connor who has shown to real interest in the Assassin history and the First Civs etc like the others have, to uncovering information and obtaining understanding in-order to aid the world in the future, if their work is simply neglected in the next game then for me UbiSoft would have committed base treachery to all of those characters and the AC saga would collapse to a level of simply existing to enhance the pockets of Ubisoft.
If there is a bigger picture in all of this and Ubi made the decision to ignore the information presented in previous games for ACIII for a reason then the only reason I can think of is that they did it because they have established a ready made way forward ie finding Eve and Eden and using all the locations mentioned previously like Yonaguni etc to aid in the finding of the primary objectives (Eve and Eden) and as a result finding potential means to fight back against Juno and halt her attempts to subjugate humanity again or whatever it is she has been plotting to do for all those years she has been in hibernation.

UbiSoft havent retconned anything or at least they have left it open for them to not retcon things but only time will tell, other developers like Hideo Kojima have retconned aspects of their games story whilst maintaining the fidelity of the story but if Ubi disregard or retcon all of the information of previous games then there will be no fidelity to the AC story in my opinion. Ubi have placed a massive amount of pressure on themselves with what they have done in ACIII and the next game, for me, will be the critical point for deciding whether Ubi are that great a developer and story creator or simply a company that shuffles things together constantly changing their direction to garner interest and sell their games. The creation of the encyclopedias indicates they have some direction and intention to stay true to the saga exists but only time will tell now.

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 12:19 PM
To that I'll agree. I'd like the to take a 2-3 year gap, now that Desmond's story is done. Do other projects, PoP and the likes, and come back afresh.
I hope they'd do some PoP like the Sands of Time trilogy, the forgotten Sands was pretty bad and couldn't live up the charm. Imho

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I hope they'd do some PoP like the Sands of Time trilogy, the forgotten Sands was pretty bad and couldn't live up the charm. Imho

Me too. I don't want an AC for the next two years atleast. I hope they do a sequel to the 2008 PoP.. like that one.. :/

kolbaskat
11-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Me too. I don't want an AC for the next two years atleast. I hope they do a sequel to the 2008 PoP.. like that one.. :/
A sequel would be pretty good I think, the problem with the forgotten sands was, I think that they squeezed it between SoT and WW

ACPrincess
11-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree with you, It looks like "Eve" will be the main character next. also i think to find and dig depper into the AC world its good to learn about the diffrent mythology and ancient storys it's based on

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I agree with you, It looks like "Eve" will be the main character next. also i think to find and dig depper into the AC world its good to learn about the diffrent mythology and ancient storys it's based on

A female modern-day protagonist? I likey!

CobraCmdr23
11-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Call him a troll if you'd like but I think he's pretty spot on.

I was all about the story as well and looked forward to full closure (at least into Desmond's story) but it seemed like the modern setting was thrown together at the *** end of production. I don't quite understand how you could set something up for an amazing finish but waste all of Desmond's game time looking for power cubes and offing main characters without thought.

Think about it. All those missions to find the power cubes could have been spent on the whole Eve/DNA key deal. It could have been Cross finding out where the temple was and having the team hold off an Abstergo assault while Desmond did what he had to do to legitimately save the world. Instead, we hunt for power cubes, kill main characters off like another random NPC and have a last minute plot twist. Ending with a decision, that we the player, don't get to make.

I love Assassin's Creed and despite many people not caring about Desmond and playing only for the historical portion of the game, I think it was the main sci-fi plot that keeps many fans hooked. I mean if you took the entirety of the main plot cinematics and slapped them together...how much footage/story would there actually be? It's a fairly simple plot, 2 factions with 2 different realities of the world, but it's execution in the details are what is lacking. This is one of Ubisoft's cash cows, no doubt about it. It's the plot devices that puts asses in seats and money in their wallet...I wish they could possibly scrap some side mission stories for the overall plot polish.

pirate1802
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Since when have you ever got to make decisions in an AC game? I understand and to some degree support the other complaints about the ending and the modern-day setting; yes it was kinda rushed, it should have been bigger, better explained and all, but I simply don't get this complain. We were never given a single choice in any AC games, nor did the devs ever promise us this. This ain't an RPG..

ACPrincess
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
A female modern-day protagonist? I likey!

LOL so do I. If you think about it though properly ever since Eve was mentioned the story is pretty clear, I dont know how i didnt think of this before. In the bible Eve was the one who first stoped being controlled and who "saved" Adam by helping him get his free will.

I also hope shes black :o

RinoTheBouncer
11-03-2012, 03:34 PM
@TheBoss0666: Thank you very much for putting so much efforts into sorting the info. all together. I really appreciate it. I understood the ending but I thank you for mentioning past events too because I remember them too, I remember how a son was mentioned and how Eve and Tinia never made an appearance nor even got mentioned.

I thought about the idea of playing as the mother of Desmond's child or the child him/herself in the future, it would be amazing and very interesting if they don't get repetitive and unoriginal. I'm so sad that -As a fellow member here said- that Ubisoft seem to have created a story that don't add up with all the info. from previous games that could've made the best AC game of all time not to mention encouraging us all to replay the previous games to look up the references and hints that are given through cutscenes, notes, symbols and emails.

SquarePolo27
11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending... in fact, I hated it.

The last few hours were disappointing and all over the place. Ok, we find Haythem, quick sword fight...wait... we've killed him? Oh, Ok, time to go after Lee, a few chases, nothing too climactic, then we sit down together, share a drink and Conner stabs him... Cool, we've found the key now... let's go through... ah nice, all of our efforts were now in vain, we've realized the world is going to end unless, we're forced to do this, no choices or anything... OK, Dad, bye, no witty input from Shaun, off you trot, Addios! Ok and... what? You killed Desmond?

Roll credits, game finished.

40 quid please.

bizzysgs
11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm not a troll...I'm just a disappointed fan.

BlackRose1809
11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm not a troll...I'm just a disappointed fan.

Is not that you are a troll is that the way you wrote your post sounded like you were just trolling.

I agree with you, I understand where bizzysgs "the troll" lol, is coming from, the ending seems too haphazardly put together, in fact the entire modern day portion of ACIII. I expected Desmonds sequences to be more interesting, more involving the mysteries of AC lore and the First Civilization, of him and others finally openly discussing the truth videos of Adam and Eve escaping and Clays cryptic messages but instead it involved him being a sort of errand boy going around finding those charging artifacts. I have a gripe with Warren Vidics death also, it was such an important moment something we all hoped would happen but I personally hoped there would be a whole death scene where warren like victims in the animus, state their final words, the reasons behind their intentions and actions and what they seeked to gain instead it was just bang and bye bye Vidic. As for Daniel Cross, I thought he was to head up the team that was being sent to the area near the grand temple where Abstergo detected William Miles to be, for him , Cross, to track him and find out what the Assassins where up to in the area leading to some sort of open clash at the temple or outside of it between the Abstergo team sent there and Desmond and crew. But anyways its about the way forward now and I hope that like you say, there is a direction to everything in story so far and UbiSoft have not abandoned the foundations they have laid in the games prior to ACIII. Those foundations may not have been exploited in ACIII but they are certainly highly important for they are what the AC series has been built on. Right now the next game in AC has been elevated to a level beyond that of ACIII and the games prior because , for me, it is now the critical poitn of the series where the question of will they stay true to the story that has been built or will they ignore it and lay down new foundations in a complete "F-U" to the findings and information of previous games and the discoveries and sacrifices of Clay, Altair, Ezio, Connor and of-course Desmond. These characters dedicated their lives , more so everyone else baring Connor who has shown to real interest in the Assassin history and the First Civs etc like the others have, to uncovering information and obtaining understanding in-order to aid the world in the future, if their work is simply neglected in the next game then for me UbiSoft would have committed base treachery to all of those characters and the AC saga would collapse to a level of simply existing to enhance the pockets of Ubisoft.
If there is a bigger picture in all of this and Ubi made the decision to ignore the information presented in previous games for ACIII for a reason then the only reason I can think of is that they did it because they have established a ready made way forward ie finding Eve and Eden and using all the locations mentioned previously like Yonaguni etc to aid in the finding of the primary objectives (Eve and Eden) and as a result finding potential means to fight back against Juno and halt her attempts to subjugate humanity again or whatever it is she has been plotting to do for all those years she has been in hibernation.

UbiSoft havent retconned anything or at least they have left it open for them to not retcon things but only time will tell, other developers like Hideo Kojima have retconned aspects of their games story whilst maintaining the fidelity of the story but if Ubi disregard or retcon all of the information of previous games then there will be no fidelity to the AC story in my opinion. Ubi have placed a massive amount of pressure on themselves with what they have done in ACIII and the next game, for me, will be the critical point for deciding whether Ubi are that great a developer and story creator or simply a company that shuffles things together constantly changing their direction to garner interest and sell their games. The creation of the encyclopedias indicates they have some direction and intention to stay true to the saga exists but only time will tell now.

@TheBoss0666: Thank you very much for putting so much efforts into sorting the info. all together. I really appreciate it. I understood the ending but I thank you for mentioning past events too because I remember them too, I remember how a son was mentioned and how Eve and Tinia never made an appearance nor even got mentioned.

I thought about the idea of playing as the mother of Desmond's child or the child him/herself in the future, it would be amazing and very interesting if they don't get repetitive and unoriginal. I'm so sad that -As a fellow member here said- that Ubisoft seem to have created a story that don't add up with all the info. from previous games that could've made the best AC game of all time not to mention encouraging us all to replay the previous games to look up the references and hints that are given through cutscenes, notes, symbols and emails.

For both of you guys, I agree with everything, I was a bit sad about the ending... it didn't seem like it was making sense, but hopefully it'll turn out to be good storytelling and not just throwing everything in the air. I would like to see more of Connor.... I just did the homestead missions and seeing him in his out of environment assassin world, he seems like a good character and I would like to know more about him like I did with Ezio.

De Filosoof
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM
and here i always thought the storywriters were brilliiant.

The modern-day story is a mess right now because of this game.