PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Are these things normal?

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
The reason i'm asking this is because my copy of the game is very glitchy, so i'm not certain about many things anymore actually...

I'm at sequence 10 now but i almost can't craft anything yet. I need Ellen or Big Dave for many things to craft but i can't find any artisan missions to get them to the homestead.
My artisans in the village are always gone and never outside, so i can't do anything for the encyclopedia of the middle man stuff...
There are only like 4 sync points in the frontier and the sync trees are all the same.
Got every sync point in the frontier but there's still a HUGE area to explore.
Do i have to explore all of this on foot?!
There are just a few things on the map really. I have the feeling that this is yet another glitch in the game.

It really feels like i'm playing an unfinished version of the game from a year old...

Please help! Thanks!

tjbyrum1
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Go the Frontier and do the Viewpoints in the central and southwest regions of the map. I remember getting a Homestead mission around there, two black farmers who were being abused (I think the mission is called 'Abused'). Anyway, they'll make a farm in the Homestead, and upon returning I had about 3 Homestead Missions, though they were all continuations on the past Homestead missions, but they unlocked bigger houses for the settlers and more resources.

I'm assuming some more are hidden elsewhere, but I've yet to find any.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Go the Frontier and do the Viewpoints in the central and southwest regions of the map. I remember getting a Homestead mission around there, two black farmers who were being abused (I think the mission is called 'Abused'). Anyway, they'll make a farm in the Homestead, and upon returning I had about 3 Homestead Missions, though they were all continuations on the past Homestead missions, but they unlocked bigger houses for the settlers and more resources.

I'm assuming some more are hidden elsewhere, but I've yet to find any.

Yeah, completed those already but i need Ellen and Big Dave to craft stuff...
I don't want to craft stuff like the double holster when i finished the game already.

I'm really hating and loving the game at the same time.
The game feels so unfinished (atleast my copy)...

BBALive
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Some parts of the map stay obscured, even when you've synchronised with all of the viewpoints. So that's normal.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Some parts of the map stay obscured, even when you've synchronised with all of the viewpoints. So that's normal.

Ok cool :). Still weird, but cool...
Have you noticed that all the sync trees in the frontier are exactly the same?

Have you found Ellen and/or Big Dave already?

BBALive
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Ok cool :). Still weird, but cool...
Have you noticed that all the sync trees in the frontier are exactly the same?

Have you found Ellen and/or Big Dave already?

I've only synchronised two of the viewpoints in the Frontier, but yeah, they were exactly the same.

I recruited Ellen in sequence 10 I believe. She's in New York. I think it was Ellen, anyway.

I haven't got Big Dave yet though. He's the final member of the community I need to recruit, I think.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I've only synchronised two of the viewpoints in the Frontier, but yeah, they were exactly the same.

I recruited Ellen in sequence 10 I believe. She's in New York. I think it was Ellen, anyway.

I haven't got Big Dave yet though. He's the final member of the community I need to recruit, I think.

Aaaah that explains a lot because i'm at the beginning of sequence 10 now!
Thanks a lot mate! I will look for her in New York.

I think i'm getting kinda paranoid with all these glitches i'm experiencing.

tjbyrum1
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I've ran across very few glitches.

I greatly dislike all this 'viewpoints do not uncover the whole map' type of thing. It's frustrating having to explore those small parts of the map. Wish you could buy a map for a lot of money at a store that uncovered all of the map once you scale all viewpoints.

EDIT: Also, I'll look around for more Homestead missions and get back to you.

BBALive
11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Aaaah that explains a lot because i'm at the beginning of sequence 10 now!
Thanks a lot mate! I will look for her in New York.

I think i'm getting kinda paranoid with all these glitches i'm experiencing.

I've been lucky when it comes to bugs, I think.

I've experienced some pop-in, and one instance where the lip synching was messed up. The worst bug I experienced was that I fell through the map after running into one of the pillars at the entrance of manor at a weird angle. But other than that, it has been smooth sailing. I honestly think it is the best game in the series.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I've been lucky when it comes to bugs, I think.

I've experienced some pop-in, and one instance where the lip synching was messed up. The worst bug I experienced was that I fell through the map after running into one of the pillars at the entrance of manor at a weird angle. But other than that, it has been smooth sailing. I honestly think it is the best game in the series.

Good for you man. I'm glad for you.
My copy is a mess.

merlynthehealer
11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
The synching thing is normal, just have to clear it by foot, the same in the cities. The homestead missions you should find by clearing out the map.

merlynthehealer
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Ellen is in Boston somewhere. Her daughter runs up to you asking for your help and you scare off her abusive husband. Big Dave though. . . . I'm not sure where he is, but people are kicking him on the ground i do believe.

adamsocal
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah, completed those already but i need Ellen and Big Dave to craft stuff...
I don't want to craft stuff like the double holster when i finished the game already.

I'm really hating and loving the game at the same time.
The game feels so unfinished (atleast my copy)...

I feel you man. After playing the successive improved gameplay of AC1 - AC:B/R, I feel really disappointed. Seems like a step backward in development. I'm falling through the maps, the crafting/convoy/economy system is so confusing too. I want to love this game, but this little crap is done so bad.

Separately, the political motivations behind some of the dialogue/characters is getting a little old too. it soen't seem period to me in some cases. Like the Achilles character. I don't recall ever hearing about a black man, in the 1700's owning a large homestead like the one he does, along with employing a bunch of settlers. I may have no good historical perspective, so please correct me if this was more common that I am aware-of. I get the irony, but just seems not fitting with how the time really was. The "huntress" who is trying to "stop poaching" seems like a stretch too.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Ellen is in Boston somewhere. Her daughter runs up to you asking for your help and you scare off her abusive husband. Big Dave though. . . . I'm not sure where he is, but people are kicking him on the ground i do believe.

So why didn't i encounter this child? I'm already at sequence 10 and liberated all the areas in Boston.