PDA

View Full Version : AC3: Double Assassination Issues?

N1NJALOOTR
11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Anyone else having issues double assassinating people with the hidden blades when walking up from behind? I can do it when dropping down from above, but whenever I walk up behind two redcoats I just grab and stab one. I've tried locking on and not locking on but there doesn't seem to be any difference. What's the secret here? I'm over 10 hours into the game and have never been able to do a ground double assassination. For as simple as the combat in this game has gotten since the AC2-based games I'm surprised this has eluded me.

Sharkey1337
11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Someone mentioned that you have to hold down the RT/R2 to do it, which has worked for me. But yeah, idk why they changed it from previous games when it would automatically do it, now it's just a hassle to get it to work right.

FlarelordFenix
11-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I can't really do the two at once thing either, but I can get two REALLY FAST chained assassinations... dunno if Connor just does the job differently, or if I'm not doing it right, either.

Silhouelle
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
On PS3 I hold down R1 and immediately attack, so I'm not sure if there is a timing element to it or not. It works fine for me though. Just make sure you hold down R1 or the RT (assuming on 360 controller). You can also do the same against a single target to do a different kill, so in that regard its alot like the high / low profile kills from past games.