PDA

View Full Version : [Possible spoilers] Achilles and a couple of other things.

Aphex_Tim
11-02-2012, 04:54 PM
So, i'm back and have finished the game! :D (the main story at least)
I enjoyed every second of it and have no idea where all the negativity is coming from.

Anyway, back on topic: am i the only one who'd really like to know Achilles' back story?
We barely know anything about him. He lives all alone in his manor, apparently he had/has ties with the assassin brotherhood,
We have no idea where he came from or how he fits into the brotherhood. Speaking of which, i'd also really like to know how
the brotherhood was established in America. Apparently Shao Jun traveled to the new world, perhaps she started it but it seems like
in the 18th century Achilles and Connor are the only assassins around.
Speaking of Shao Jun, could it be that the box she received from Ezio in AC:Embers contained the key to the Grand Temple?
And if so, how did the Templars get their hands on it? (I can't remember if it was explained in the game how the Templars got hold of the key or not.)

Something to discuss?

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I really loved the relationship between Achilles and Connor. It's very deep and emotional, especially when I found out why Achilles gave him the name 'Connor'. :'( When I found out why, it changed my view on Achilles and his conflict with Connor entirely.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Spoilers go where?

Hints and tips forum guys!

you know to tag the thread - so please post in the COREECT forum!

Thanks!

Aphex_Tim
11-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Spoilers go where?

Hints and tips forum guys!

you know to tag the thread - so please post in the COREECT forum!

Thanks!

'scuse me, didn't know about that.

mlazun
11-02-2012, 06:47 PM
very possible is that connor davenport was a british assassin setled in the new world, and achilles is his son. so by that achilles is born to assassins. he was master assassin, but not mentor of assassin. who was mentor i dont know, becaause never mentioned once in all game.
what hapeend to assassin is that they are destroyed by heytham kenway and his group of templar.
achiles and that guy who is connor first mate on aqiula are all that left from assassins. so when young connor came it is a very strong refreshment for order.

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Connor Davenport is Achilles' son. You can see the birth date on his grave when Connor stands in front of it at the end of the game. 1748-1755. I don't know why, but that part was probably one of the saddest in the game. The way Connor reacted to it made me tear up. I guess up until then he never knew why Achilles was so reluctant and cynical toward him. :'( Achilles didn't want him to become an assassin because he didn't want to see his son die a second time.

ACPrincess
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Connor Davenport is Achilles' son. You can see the birth date on his grave when Connor stands in front of it at the end of the game. 1748-1755. I don't know why, but that part was probably one of the saddest in the game. The way Connor reacted to it made me tear up. I guess up until then he never knew why Achilles was so reluctant and cynical toward him. :'( Achilles didn't want him to become an assassin because he didn't want to see his son die a second time.

Yh Connor was longing for his father to love him when in fact he had a father who loved him very much, the whole story make me sad :'(

Rithrius
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
And if so, how did the Templars get their hands on it? (I can't remember if it was explained in the game how the Templars got hold of the key or not.)

Haytham stole the key in the beginning of AC3. It's speculated that the man he killed to get it was Edward Kenway (Haytham's father).

mlazun
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM

that make me sad too. didnt see that.
are dates of death match for abigail and connor?

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Abigail was Achilles' wife and Connor was his son. Man I can't stop watching the scene with the Connor Davenport thing. And the emotion Connor showed made things worse. :'(

mlazun
11-02-2012, 10:17 PM
both connor and abigail died same year, posiblly the same day.
my guess is that they was murdered, by templar of course

FirestarLuva
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I can see Haytham or Lee murdering them. Connor's birth year is full of mistery. Also, Achilles helps Connor's mother in some way, maybe saving her from Haytham. Did Achilles know about Connor before he came to the Homestead. All this questions are blowing my mind. UBI, make a book or short movie about Connor's birth year. Please! So much s*** has happened that we didn't know of. At least add it as a repressed memory or a note left by Achilles that Connor finds in the next game.

mlazun
11-02-2012, 10:51 PM
i dont think heytham would kill the kid. we saw example of that at begginig of the game. that posibly do lee and other guys. like when they attack connors villige.
heytham is very charismatic character, strong leader and have sence for innocent. he spoke about that in conversation about bradock.
he was raised in assassine maners, so i think he stil have that teachings, a;thhough he is templar.

and connor birth year is 1755, same as young connor die

well in book assassin creed forsaken, we probibly learn everything...