PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else not Buy anything in AC3?

Skinman1
11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I went through the whole game and didn't buy anything for Connor as far as upgrading. I only bought ammunition for weapons. I never bought weapons or armor or medicine or anything else that I would have bought in any of the other AC games. I never felt like it was necessary. I'm sure it would have made things easier but never felt "needed". I never found more than 1 assassin recruit and never even used him unless the game made me. I never unlocked fast travel spots. I never went underground. Hell I never even performed a double kill with a musket like in the commercials. None of that stuff seemed necessary. Anyone else feel this way about it?

wesrale
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I went through the whole game and didn't buy anything for Connor as far as upgrading. I only bought ammunition for weapons. I never bought weapons or armor or medicine or anything else that I would have bought in any of the other AC games. I never felt like it was necessary. I'm sure it would have made things easier but never felt "needed". I never found more than 1 assassin recruit and never even used him unless the game made me. I never unlocked fast travel spots. I never went underground. Hell I never even performed a double kill with a musket like in the commercials. None of that stuff seemed necessary. Anyone else feel this way about it?

Same here. I am more of a story-oriented guy, so i just played it through and have not been one for sandbox games. Plus, the game is more emotionally-oriented towards Connor and his father, and makes you want to see the conclusion. The length was really nice, took me 3 full evenings skipping all non-essential gameplay. This was the first AC game where I sympathized with the antagonist as much as the protagonist. I really just played the whole game with the pistol, tomahawk, and rope dart....I used bow and arrow a little in the beginning....but buying new weapons doesnt seem that useful, I handled every fight easily with the tomahawk.

Skinman1
11-02-2012, 03:44 PM
. I really just played the whole game with the pistol, tomahawk, and rope dart..

I forgot about the rope dart. I didn't even use that until I had to use it for an optional objective.

Krayus Korianis
11-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I barely used the shops for armor or weapons until after the other games... Unless I needed more knives and such.