PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Can't use Sawtooth sword!

Beas7ie
11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
I preordered my version and did the quest to get Captain Kidd's Sawtooth sword at the Mayan ruins. However I have no idea how to actually equip it. It's in the basement at the homestead but I can't equip it. I can change my tomahawk, rope darts, arrows, snares and the like but I can't equip the sword. I also have no idea what happened to the general stores. There is no longer any map marking and I can't fine any by walking around the cities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I have this preorder too so I'm anxious to know what you find out. I haven't redeemed anything yet to know.
If you could let me know, are these items (mission + sword) available to use anytime during the game? Or only when you get to Connor's character?
I'm in Sequence 3 with the Bulldog mission. & you have to download it, right? Or does it just unlock for me?
Thanks

Beas7ie
11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I have this preorder too so I'm anxious to know what you find out. I haven't redeemed anything yet to know.
If you could let me know, are these items (mission + sword) available to use anytime during the game? Or only when you get to Connor's character?
I'm in Sequence 3 with the Bulldog mission. & you have to download it, right? Or does it just unlock for me?
Thanks

You have to enter the codes on the main menu after that they unlock when you get to that part in the game. It's a bit later when you're playing as Connor and you have to have Aquilla repaired too. After that there will be an old guy named Pegleg by the harbor in the homestead. Collect the trinkets for him and he'll give you maps to treasure and stuff. One of them will be to the ruins to get the sword. I did all that but just can't equip the **** thing.

It's a shame but it seems that a lot of things were overlooked and the game itself rushed out. I strongly feel that they should have delayed it a month or so and release it a Christmas time to fix some of the annoying bugs, flesh out everything some more, and give it some more polish overall.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 03:33 PM
You have to enter the codes on the main menu after that they unlock when you get to that part in the game. It's a bit later when you're playing as Connor and you have to have Aquilla repaired too. After that there will be an old guy named Pegleg by the harbor in the homestead. Collect the trinkets for him and he'll give you maps to treasure and stuff. One of them will be to the ruins to get the sword. I did all that but just can't equip the **** thing.

It's a shame but it seems that a lot of things were overlooked and the game itself rushed out. I strongly feel that they should have delayed it a month or so and release it a Christmas time to fix some of the annoying bugs, flesh out everything some more, and give it some more polish overall.

Good to know, thank you - I think I'll go ahead & put the codes in today. I was so busy with my missions & learning the new mechanics that I totally forgot about it.
Being early in the game yet, I haven't experienced any glitching or problems yet... but I do know people have had issues. I was surprised it wasn't release next month - I thought ACR was released in Nov. last year.? Hope this gets resolved by the time I get to this area. I'm loving these missions so far!

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Details of what the content is, how to redeem and how to find /use items are on the support pages.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17306/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzUxODY3MzUzL3NpZC80Z2tUc2dhbA%3D% 3D

If you are still having problems - please contact Ubisoft support - using the links below!

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Mr Shade !! :D

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
No problem

There are a few different FAQ's on the support pages - with more being added as we go on ;)

So, worth checking ;)

Beas7ie
11-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Details of what the content is, how to redeem and how to find /use items are on the support pages.

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17306/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzUxODY3MzUzL3NpZC80Z2tUc2dhbA%3D% 3D

If you are still having problems - please contact Ubisoft support - using the links below!

That helps him but that doesn't help me at all. I already have the codes entered and item unlocked the problem is with EQUIPPING it. I can't do it from the Homestead and I can't find any general stores at all in Boston.

KHRYS_24
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
once you get the sword from the ruins, go to any of the shops in boston and look at the weapons and Sawtooth will be there and it'll say "purchased" so just equip is as usual

once you have have it, hold R2 (ps3) or RB (Xbox360) and move the left stick till you see the sword then set it to one of the 4 spots using the d-pad. Then when you finish, just press whichever direction on the d-pad you placed the sword and there you go :)

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 04:03 PM
once you get the sword from the ruins, go to any of the shops in boston and look at the weapons and Sawtooth will be there and it'll say "purchased" so just equip is as usual
Would suggest you try that ^^

Dark0impulse
11-02-2012, 04:26 PM
If you've already unlocked the Sawtooth sword and have recovered it from the temple, all you need to do in order to equip it is wander around the basement of your manor until you've found a room filled with your arsenal. The blade should be hanging on your sword rack. Interact with it to wield it.

KHRYS_24
11-02-2012, 04:28 PM
If you've already unlocked the Sawtooth sword and have recovered it from the temple, all you need to do in order to equip it is wander around the basement of your manor until you've found a room filled with your arsenal. The blade should be hanging on your sword rack. Interact with it to wield it.

you can do that but you don't have to. Cause after i got the sword from the ruins, i just went to a shop and they had it and it already said purchased so i just got it and equipped it :)

Beas7ie
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM

once you have have it, hold R2 (ps3) or RB (Xbox360) and move the left stick till you see the sword then set it to one of the 4 spots using the d-pad. Then when you finish, just press whichever direction on the d-pad you placed the sword and there you go :)

Thank you, now the problem is finding the shops. I'm in sequence 7 and can't find any shops other than the peddlers driving by on their wagons. I ran around the city and there's nothing on my map. I'm currently in sequence 7.

Beas7ie
11-02-2012, 05:39 PM

I tried that but the game won't let me interact it. I walked around pressing B a lot and nothing. The only rack I an interact with in the basement is the one with the tomahawks, the ropedarts, and the snares.

adamsocal
11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Would suggest you try that ^^

I am having the same problem! I finished the mayan ruins quest. The sword appears on the rack in the basement. I do not have it equipped. I cannot interact with it, in order to add/equip it. I am just startfing sequence 7. Please help!

adamsocal
11-02-2012, 11:16 PM
bump. Still no answers, even through the Ubisoft support pages. The sword is sitting right there, on th rack, but i can't pick it up!

Beas7ie
11-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Finally figured it out. The problem was that I never actually "owned any swords". I never bought any swords in the general stores and the one I was using was one that I picked up after killing an officer or from one of the tougher enemies.

I finally managed to unlock New York and get to a general store where I was able to equip sword and for safe measure I bought a few of the cheaper ones too. Now I can actually interact with the sword rack and switch out my swords in the manor. I am glad I was able to get this working but this seems like a bug or glitch that shouldn't be happening and while I know I am going off topic I feel that while this game is great it has been a bit of a let down. Mostly through lack of armor customization, no "uber badass Master Assassin outfit", problems like these, and big glitches such as weird *** clipping or occurrences such as 3 heralds being stacked on top of each other. Does anyone else feel that this game was rushed out the door a month or two before it was ready as I believe it was and it would have been much much better if Ubisoft had waited until December to finish the polish and get it out for the Christmas Holidays.