PDA

View Full Version : Things that were Removed..

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM
1- Canoeing.
2- Random quests (Medicine man, Meat for butcher from the E3 Demo)
3- Liveliness (I went to the Camp that was shown at E3, but it was not nearly as lively as it was during the Demo)

Now... WHY ?? Why were these removed ?? I`m not one to whine, but I just have to get this off right now. The Game is Beautiful and we were promised random quests TWICE !! First time in ACR ( and we all know how that went) and second time here (AGAIN, nothing) Say... If you`re to remove something, say it before hand. "Hey, Guys remember that neat little feature called random quests ? That`s been removed sorry" I wont be mad, but leaving it like this ? Again ?? 20 Hours roaming the whole map and NOTHING..

Just tell me Why and i`ll shut the hell up and continue enjoying this master piece..

nitres15
11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
why did you remove the smooth framerate from the demo ubisoft ? was it too good for us dirty cosole players ?

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:47 PM
This is not a thread where anyone can throw out complaints. the thread has a subject and question, if everyone keeps coming here for the sake of complaining then look for the other thread. I do not want my question getting lost in the mess..

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
3- Liveliness (I went to the Camp that was shown at E3, but it was not nearly as lively as it was during the Demo)

****it I was looking forward to that.. :/

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Just a question, M...what sequence are you on? Just curious because I'm wondering if it was something that comes in the later stages of the game (I'm only in Seq 6).

But if you're near the end, then ya that's bizarre it was taken out. Its becoming more & more clear this game was rushed out, I wonder why they didn't just delay it a month or 2 to sort all this stuff out.

misterB2001
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Awww what? Seriously? It was only a month ago they were banging on about how you can stack up all the side missions (skyrim style) and do them whenever you want.

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Certain things maybe scaled back or removed as part of the ongoing development of the game.

Canoes where one thing which Gabe has confirmed were removed :( - shame really - since I would have enjoyed that!

Lets be VERY careful of spoilers please.. lets keep it general ;)

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Just a question, M...what sequence are you on? Just curious because I'm wondering if it was something that comes in the later stages of the game (I'm only in Seq 6).

But if you're near the end, then ya that's bizarre it was taken out. Its becoming more & more clear this game was rushed out, I wonder why they didn't just delay it a month or 2 to sort all this stuff out.
I`m at Sequence 8 right now.. I reserved judgement until I was certain I`m deep enough into the story, and Sequence 8 is pretty deep, So..

Its not about it being rushed (Still Maybe) They promised Us TWICE... TWICE !! that there will be random Quests... Talked about it, wrote about it, BLOODY SHOWED IT !! But the game ?? Oh Hell no, What Random Quests ?? -_-

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Certain things maybe scaled back or removed as part of the ongoing development of the game.

Canoes where one thing which Gabe has confirmed was removed :( - shame really - since I would have enjoyed that!
That`s fine, but TELL ME, please..

I want to know along the way that THIS was removed or THAT was removed, but... Random quests were talked about during the Dev Diaries D:... I guess I should`v learned from revelations..

ACfan443
11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
1. I don't know why there's no canoeing, It looked cool in the screenshot but it wasn't something I was desperate for.
2. Those kind of quests are still in the game, but they're no longer random, e.g delivery requests for animal claws, pelts etc.
3. That was a demo, the liveliness was there for aesthetic purpose, if you remember the AC2 E3 demo, it started in a lively carnival, but in the game it wasn't actually like that.

Plus it was said that they change things around, remove things that don't work etc

kriegerdesgottes
11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
That explains why I can't find any canoes.....:( *sigh*

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
1. I don't know why there's no canoeing, It looked cool in the screenshot but it wasn't something I was desperate for.
2. Those kind of quests are still in the game, but they're no longer random, e.g delivery requests for animal claws, pelts etc.
3. That was a demo, the liveliness was there for aesthetic purpose, if you remember the AC2 E3 demo, it started in a lively carnival, but in the game it wasn't actually like that.

Plus it was said that they change things around, remove things that don't work etc
I was desperate for Canoeing.
I know that these quests are still in the game, but they`re not as good as they looked in the E3 Demo (It looked like it can work there, why not now ? Why show it TWICE... Speak about it in Dev Diaries and Write about it in previews If it wont work ??)

Never mind the Demo, they said NPCs would feel more alive.. What i`m seeing ?? Revelations

ACfan443
11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
This is off topic, and probably a stupid question, but the fort that was shown in the E3 demo - is it still in the game? If so where on the map? (Been trying to look for it for a long time now)

I was desperate for Canoeing.
I know that these quests are still in the game, but they`re not as good as they looked in the E3 Demo (It looked like it can work there, why not now ? Why show it TWICE... Speak about it in Dev Diaries and Write about it in previews If it wont work ??)

Never mind the Demo, they said NPCs would feel more alive.. What i`m seeing ?? Revelations

Hmm, maybe they felt that random quests would be annoying to those who wouldn't want to do them?

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
This is off topic, and probably a stupid question, but the fort that was shown in the E3 demo - is it still in the game? If so where on the map? (Been trying to look for it for a long time now)
Its still there, yes..

Its a bit to the South. near the Hunting Society Cabin Icon..

JCearlyyears
11-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow.. I was hoping for those random quests... Dang. I love it in RDR. It's a shame.

Rob1610
11-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Weren't we told we could explore the Aquilla even in the middle of the ocean? Has anyone found a way or was that removed too?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Weren't we told we could explore the Aquilla even in the middle of the ocean? Has anyone found a way or was that removed too?
Removed too.

Rakheton
11-04-2012, 04:39 AM
https://twitter.com/UbiGabe

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Awww what? Seriously? It was only a month ago they were banging on about how you can stack up all the side missions (skyrim style) and do them whenever you want.

You can stack up on side missions. I've only been doing side stuff for the past 2 and half days. But there were stuff removed like meat for the butcher and the medicine man. The fort thing was changed up too. In the demo, you could have the option to wait for the patriots to fight the brits over the fort then storm it for the templar or you could infiltrate it yourself. They also made it seem like there would been random events like in Red Dead there were limitless but that's not the case.

I'm pretty bummed about the canoeing as well. If it stayed in Liberation, they should have left it in AC3 even it was just in the few lakes or along the coast. I understand you couldn't dot he canoe in the rivers since they are mostly rapids or shallow areas. Heck I would even choose take a canoe to aquila instead of swimming or fast travel.

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:05 AM
I think they removed canoeing because it wasn't really needed..

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 05:07 AM
I think they removed canoeing because it wasn't really needed..

It's all about options and little cool things that make immersion that much better even if canoes weren't a huge role. Gondolas were never a big part of ac2, acb, and acr except for maybe one mission but they were something cool to do on the side

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Ah, oh well. I just want the game.

projectpat06
11-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Well the game is still incredible. Although these are complaints, for me, it's more of a wish list. Heck, Arkham City's side content had hardly any content to it, and the riddler riddles were the only collectibles and riddles to solve for the most part. Hardly anyone complained. I see Assassin's Creed more in the same genre as Arkham City but more vast in terms of the world to explore and much more side content to keep me entertained. Ac3 aced it in terms of combat imo so I think it's better than arkham and should at least get the action game of the year award.

Saberine97
11-04-2012, 07:21 AM
The only thing im disappointed about is random side missions, they could have done what red dead redemption did and had random challengers and civilians to save

kriegerdesgottes
11-04-2012, 07:33 AM
The only thing im disappointed about is random side missions, they could have done what red dead redemption did and had random challengers and civilians to save

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't since the animals are randomly generated but I will say for Ubisoft that the game is still gigantic and the side missions are downright overwhelming in number but I agree that random missions like in RDR is something AC desperately needs. I will also say in Ubisoft's defense that ACIII tackles the replay value so much better in this game with the awesome boardgames which are actually fun and the hunting.

doogsy91
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
The only random event I've come across is the enemy convoy attacks. It's a shame there weren't also allied convoys that came under attack for you to defend. RDR is still definitely superior in terms of open world elements. And I know what you mean about the characters. One from RDR that sticks in my mind is Herbert Moon from Armadillo. He had his own personality and everything. By day he worked in the general store but every night he'd go to the pub across the road to play poker (I think it was) and gossip about residents of the town. And if he got robbed, he'd run out of his shop and yell to you "I'm Herbert Moon!!! I've been robbed!" with a certain sense of self importance.

But I can see that creating such complex NPCs would be a lot of work for not a lot of gain and I think it can definitely be excused given the amount of work that has gone into so many other aspects. But yes, random events are very important and sadly it's lacking.

And to whoever said they nixed stacking multiple side quests on each other... THEY DIDN'T!!!

weebunnie
11-04-2012, 10:07 AM
That`s fine, but TELL ME, please..

I want to know along the way that THIS was removed or THAT was removed, but... Random quests were talked about during the Dev Diaries D:... I guess I should`v learned from revelations..

Hmmm...sounds like someone wants to live in a 'Templar' type of world?

Sorry, had to since it just struck me funny.

Silhouelle
11-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Idle animations for Connor. I'm not talking about him shifting his bow about or whatever. But doing NPC like animations, like relaxing against a wall (when its not a hide spot) and other things. The only one I've seen so far is how he relaxes in a tree. I was hoping if you stood beside a campfire he would warm his hands (instead he looks like he has a fear of fire), sit on a empty tree stump at a camp like NPCs do, etc.

Also that awesome fur/hide outfit in one of the concept art pieces, whether it was ever in game or not I dunno, but there is footage of Connor running about with a type of hide cloak on his shoulder (in one of the dev diaries if I remember correctly).

Dag_B
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
It's a shame there weren't also allied convoys that came under attack for you to defend.
That can happen but as the risk for your konvois is only 35% it seems to be very rare.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Hmmm...sounds like someone wants to live in a 'Templar' type of world?

Sorry, had to since it just struck me funny.
I`m glad I do not get the Humor, because that did not make any sense what so ever..

KrYpToNiC95
11-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Are these side missions different to the challenges that you can undertake in the game?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
So can we swim in canoe or not?

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Not...

RatonhnhakeFan
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Not...
:( :( :(

MT4K
11-04-2012, 11:52 AM

Not to derail.. but wasn't you supposed to be using a custom signature due to a bet? :rolleyes:

Also yeah. Gabe confirmed Canoes are not in the game.

Assassin_M
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Not to derail.. but wasn't you supposed to be using a custom signature due to a bet? :rolleyes:

Also yeah. Gabe confirmed Canoes are not in the game.
I`ll PM him now..

The game just distracted me and I forgot xD

Nightmare8767
11-04-2012, 01:15 PM
There's one I learnt of recently: Free roaming in the Aquila. Shame, it would have been so nice :(

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
There's one I learnt of recently: Free roaming in the Aquila. Shame, it would have been so nice :(

The Aquila skin is offered as a preorder bonus by some retailers.

Nightmare8767
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
The Aquila skin is offered as a preorder bonus by some retailers.

No no, I meant free roaming with the ship in the seas.

Ielgon
11-04-2012, 02:02 PM
My thread kind of derailed into a complain at the developers one didn't it M? XD

But yeah if you want to see my list just look at the first post here and some of my later posts:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/722346-Things-that-got-taken-out

Don't read the posts inbetween, they'll turn you into a massive complainer! XD
I actually have one to add that I made a thread about but nobody responded: Unique animations for Captain Kidd's Sawtooth Cutlass.
It seems a lot of the events we saw in previews have been changed (which would make sense since otherwise they'd have shown us actual parts of the game already). In the previews, however, these events were much bigger and felt more like an actual mission than just a side activity (the fort at E3 for instance).

pirate1802
11-04-2012, 02:09 PM
No no, I meant free roaming with the ship in the seas.

Thats a **** shame..

How long do I get to pilot a ship in total?

TheTetraktys
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I wonder, did they actually say all of that was gonna be removed? False advertising is a funny thing ya know ;)

Ielgon
11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I wonder, did they actually say all of that was gonna be removed? False advertising is a funny thing ya know ;)

They didn't, in fact: They confirmed some of them to be in/explicitly stated it only weeks before release....

And Dragon's Dogma is awesome! Wish I could do a second playthrough but I just can't find the time with all these other releases and university.

TheAlphaFest
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
hm /:

I was looking forward to the idea of random quests and all. Like many here, Red Dead type random quests would be great. As for canooeing, I wasnt too bothered but as someone said, it would have helped with immersion into the game. And not being able to free roam on the Aquila? Hmm :(

I will say however, maybe in terms of the side quests they figured people might not want to play a Red Dead type game all over again? They already compared the game to Red Dead when it was released in the middle of production, maybe they tried to keep it in but though people might get bored having played a simliar mechanic in Red Dead?

And finally, I suppose theres always the chance of a patch or something..

Dog 0f War
11-04-2012, 03:25 PM
This is very simple to answer you're question. The demo you speak of at E3 is and was for E3 only. They always do this.......

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Well i told lots about the ubi's false advertisement habits in this forum, but everyone seemed so naive to not believe it.
Actually, when something is too advertised to give the impression it is really that awesome in the 90% of the cases the final product is always ruining the expectations.
When they are more humble and limited in the ads, then expect something really above from what it is shown.

lothario-da-be
11-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Why can't they just use the demo? i don't understand it, making something and then deleting it?

connor_bg
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Why can't they just use the demo? i don't understand it, making something and then deleting it?

**Spoiler- They were like- Wait we are in mistake, Silas died way earlier.

What about the dual pistol wield. Have anyone unlocked them?

Ielgon
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
**Spoiler- They were like- Wait we are in mistake, Silas died way earlier.

What about the dual pistol wield. Have anyone unlocked them?

Yes, you need to craft the twin holster. At the moment there's a bug though: No matter which pistols you select the second one always changes to something else upon fast travelling/loading.

BeCk41
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Canoeing was taken out of the game? NOOOoooooooooooooo

*I pre-ordered this for PC so I haven't played the game yet.

Kaimooo
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe the liberation missions occur randomly when all of them are completed?

It sucks indeed that the one from E3 aren't there tho, Maybe a patch someday or dlc...

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes, you need to craft the twin holster. At the moment there's a bug though: No matter which pistols you select the second one always changes to something else upon fast travelling/loading.

I found a way around this. I equipped the default flintlocks then the english flintlocks then back to the flintlocks for a few times. Left with the default flintlocks and they've stayed the same. I've done this a couple of times. Only works on the default assassin outfit though. Every time I wear the colonial outfit, it changes to the Scottish Flintlocks

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Sorry for the double post but different subject really. One thing I'm glad that they added despite the things that were removed is that fact that Connor spins and rolls when vaulting. I remember Hutchinson saying in a conference in London with Cooper that spinning was only going to be for desmond. To me the vaulting moves are probably one of my favorite new additions

JCearlyyears
11-05-2012, 01:50 AM
New game +?

catkiller97
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
1- Canoeing.
2- Random quests (Medicine man, Meat for butcher from the E3 Demo)

Now... WHY ?? Why were these removed ?? I`m not one to whine, but I just have to get this off right now. The Game is Beautiful and we were promised random quests TWICE !! First time in ACR ( and we all know how that went) and second time here (AGAIN, nothing) Say... If you`re to remove something, say it before hand. "Hey, Guys remember that neat little feature called random quests ? That`s been removed sorry" I wont be mad, but leaving it like this ? Again ?? 20 Hours roaming the whole map and NOTHING..

Just tell me Why and i`ll shut the hell up and continue enjoying this master piece..

Reason - time constrains

I hated that too :(

Sick_one12
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Reason - time constrains

I hated that too :(

Time constrains?They had three years and they showed the stuff that was removed 4 months before release...so i dont really think those things were in a prototype-state:p

also wasnt it said that spinning was exclusive to Desmond?well thats ******** too,because Connor and even Haytham do that:confused:

also first i thought they lied about animals too,when they said there were about 24 animals i hoped we could hunt them all like in RDR,but in reality there like only 8 or 9 huntable animals(no birds:()

And im still very sad that theres no canoeing,on the screenshot it looked so atmospheric and relaxing,with the ******s swimming around and the good looking water:(i searched for canoes the entire game and after a while i thought they had to be crafted first...well:(

good ****it, all those little things (free roaming the sea,go under deck of the achilla,real diving,canoeing,random missions,getting new ships...which were ****ing promised)really would have made this game feel like ACII did after AC1...but like that?

Also "about 2 sequences of Desmond gameplay" my ***,if you break it down youll get about 40 minutes:p

I think the reason so many people are dissapointed by ACIII is because we were promised sooo many things....which ended up being false:(

you could say its false marketing...but oh well;)

andre982d
11-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Things that were Removed..

1) - The Great Fire of New York;

2) - The Battle of Saratoga;

3) - Thomas Jefferson;

4) - Baron von Steuben

dewgel
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM

No bug sir. At least not for me. It automatically loads another gun of a different variety until you buy another.

I had to go and buy another Double Barrell Flintlock to be able to dual wield them. I'm a monster now, 4 shots. BOOM, BOOM BOOM BOOM!

mattduck69
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
!!!!*possible spoiler*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what about george washington! in trailers we see him on the battlefield saying his speech, in screenshots we see him and connor riding horses together...theres nothing like that! you see him maybe 3-4 times n most of that connors yelling at him as if hes dog that just pooped on the carpet! in one of the latest trailers someone says to washington that connor is the savior of them or something along those lines..it seemed awesome!