PDA

View Full Version : Major Query about Assassians Creed III

jymithras
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
As you may already know, the main 'hero' of AC III is Connor.
And all his genesis suggests he should be fighting for the british
My evidence is this:
1. He has a British father, he would of most likely ended up in america through the British/Redcoat militia or British colonizers. Therefore due to Connor British heritage the 'American Liberator' should help the british.
2. Now onto his Mother. A native American. In most places in the US the British were allied with the Native Americansso why would the British go massacring there own allies? Again another reason he should be working for the British

3.Do you think Connor would of helped the american people if he had known how unfairly treated and discriminated the native americans were going to be. Indeed by the early 20th century the native americans way of life had been destroyed and they were forcedly kept on poor land [/I]

Thank you for reading. I would really appreciate it if a Ubisoft Representative or Anyone else would reply with their response to this.

Krayus Korianis
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Main hero of AC III is Desmond. Without him, there'll be no Animus O_O

Legendz54
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Just play the game... You will see.. And trust me, He does find out what the americans are doing to his people.
Also.. Connor does not take sides.

liamr11
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Just play the game... You will see.. And trust me, He does find out what the americans are doing to his people.
Also.. Connor does not take sides.

BullS**t Connor is almost always siding with the patriots, Now i do love the game, hell, i think its GOTY material, but so far i've only killed ONE templar who was fighting for the patriots, and i'm quite far into the game. and who's side are you on for the battles of lexington and concord? and bunker hill? and practically every other situation. I don't mind if he takes sides but when Ubisoft and others say that you dont take sides, that is a blatant lie.

IceHot100
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I assume, you have not played the game yet. Play the game and you will get it...
I will not go in detail, because I don't want to spoil the game for others and there is no spoiler tag in the title.

NinjaOnFire
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Connor sides with whoever he is told to. It really does seem that he is spouting what he was told.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM
BullS**t Connor is almost always siding with the patriots, Now i do love the game, hell, i think its GOTY material, but so far i've only killed ONE templar who was fighting for the patriots, and i'm quite far into the game. and who's side are you on for the battles of lexington and concord? and bunker hill? and practically every other situation. I don't mind if he takes sides but when Ubisoft and others say that you dont take sides, that is a blatant lie.
Are you really that thick ?? He`s clearly not on anyone`s side. He declined Paul`Revere`s request for help, but quickly changed his mind when Pitcairn`s name was mentioned, because he is a TEMPLAR. A TARGET. Not because he`s British and even then, Connor would not allow Revere to even touch him,

liamr11
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Are you really that thick ?? He`s clearly not on anyone`s side. He declined Paul`Revere`s request for help, but quickly changed his mind when Pitcairn`s name was mentioned, because he is a TEMPLAR. A TARGET. Not because he`s British and even then, Connor would not allow Revere to even touch him,

I think that YOU are the one who is 'Thick' My friend, look at all the words he spouts about freedom and how Washington is a great man who fights for freedom, that is all you need to look at, just listen to what connor says.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I think that YOU are the one who is 'Thick' My friend, look at all the words he spouts about freedom and how Washington is a great man who fights for freedom, that is all you need to look at, just listen to what connor says.
So you choose to focus on his initial fascination with Washington, but ignore anything else that screams Neutrality ?? Just keep playing and finish the game before you make assumptions. There is more

Crazy_Vantage
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Connor is fairly neutral. He strives for justice and freedom, siding with those who offer these things; he sides with the patriots in most occasions because he believes that is the just thing to do. But he also sides with *ahem* "other people" when he believes it would suit these purposes in the long-term. He's not 'on the Patriots side', he simply helps them in many places because he believes that they are the right thing to do; but notice that the moment he picks up that the patriots are doing unjust things, he drops them.

UrDeviant1
11-02-2012, 02:49 PM
It's obvious that Connor helps the Patriots because they share the same motives. And the OP doesn't seem to care If Connor's neutral, but Instead thinks he should side with the British? Go play the game.

liamr11
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
So you choose to focus on his initial fascination with Washington, but ignore anything else that screams Neutrality ?? Just keep playing and finish the game before you make assumptions. There is more

Ok, you want more examples? as i said im my previous posts he is always killing redcoats and is also speaking words of freedom all the time. also, look at the side quests, you are Liberating from the red-coats, you Are taking British forts and giving it to the Americans and the list goes on. and i did say in my post that i was basing my opinion on what i had played AT THAT TIME, and i'm up to about sequence 10 and this has been my experience so far.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok, you want more examples? as i said im my previous posts he is always killing redcoats and is also speaking words of freedom all the time. also, look at the side quests, you are Liberating from the red-coats, you Are taking British forts and giving it to the Americans and the list goes on. and i did say in my post that i was basing my opinion on what i had played AT THAT TIME, and i'm up to about sequence 10 and this has been my experience so far.
Finish the game... nuff said..

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I assume, you have not played the game yet. Play the game and you will get it...
I will not go in detail, because I don't want to spoil the game for others and there is no spoiler tag in the title.
Indeed.

the game is not so black and white - or Red Vs Blue..

The story develops - and it's not one to be discussed in the general forum.. due to spoilers!

he does speak the truth - however could have put it in a more kind way - you need to play the WHOLE game - not just pick parts from trailers or early gameplay ;)

reminder to ALL - keep it CIVIL if you wish to continue posting on the subject... and NO spoilers!

liamr11
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM

Funny you should say that because i read another of your posts, and you said you was 'at Sequence 8 right now..'........ So why dont YOU also finish the game if you are going to critisise me for prejudicing the game, then you should also keep your mouth zipped as you are not even as far into the story as me!

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Funny you should say that because i read another of your posts, and you said you was 'at Sequence 8 right now..'........ So why dont YOU also finish the game if you are going to critisise me for prejudicing the game, then you should also keep your mouth zipped as you are not even as far into the story as me!
I`ll just listen to Mr_Shade and Keep it Civil, because my replies to you would not be so..

liamr11
11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I`ll just listen to Mr_Shade and Keep it Civil, because my replies to you would not be so..

I thought you might say that, how convienient........ Very well, apologies mr_shade, i will refrain from talking about the story in thisforum

Vagrant42791
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Please don't post stuff like this until you play the **** game.

Do you really think they wouldn't provide valid reasoning for why he doesn't fight for the british?

Cmon man.

liamr11
11-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Please don't post stuff like this until you play the **** game.

Do you really think they wouldn't provide valid reasoning for why he doesn't fight for the british?

Cmon man.

As i said, i posted what i posted from what i have played so far, i clearly explained this and my views probably will change as i advance through the story

theshankpimp19
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I beat the main story, and most of Connor's interactions with Washington involve Connor either insulting, threatening, or in some way disagreeing with Washington.