PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Best way to make money?

redka243
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Can anyone give tips on the best way to make money in AC 3? I'm on sequence 8 right now and there's a bunch of stuff i want to buy notably the ship upgrades which are crazy expensive. I already finished a bunch of the ship missions but without full synch and I'm hoping I can go back and do them with an upgraded ship and do better.

Ariego1990
11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Get a ship convoy, you can sell stuff for high prices. In order to lower the risk you can do the aquila missions (you can get it down to 5%)

UtilityTortoise
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
B eaver pelts are 420 or something like that each, that's quite a bit. Also Assassin Recruits are nice too because you can let them go off and do their missions while you go about your own business so it's like passive income without you having to do much other than shuffle through menus.

Pick all the chests, some are like 7500.

brefcourte
11-02-2012, 02:54 PM
i) found a videogamefranchise
ii) put in some very vague and somewhat abtract story
iii) promise to explain all open questions within the next game
iv) explain nothing at all
v) iterate!

redka243
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
How do you get a ship convoy? And what are the best things to sell in it?

kingofgamesgx
11-02-2012, 06:00 PM
i find hunting to be a pretty fast and easy way just go to homestead then go to the river bank ,then run up and down the river bank killing and collecting any b eaver you see with the hidden blade they respawn pretty fast,can sometimes even be in groups of 4 ,have slow running speed as to make hunting them so easy, and ya get a good price

KSTALLSMITH
11-02-2012, 06:02 PM
How do you get a ship convoy? And what are the best things to sell in it?

You have to build them. I usually sell spirits at around 800 a bottle.

JohnnyInksDotCom
11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Can anyone give tips on the best way to make money in AC 3? I'm on sequence 8 right now and there's a bunch of stuff i want to buy notably the ship upgrades which are crazy expensive. I already finished a bunch of the ship missions but without full synch and I'm hoping I can go back and do them with an upgraded ship and do better.
I haven't did any naval trade, but I make a killing off of bear pelts, spirits, and ****** pelts.. (be(a)ver)

d1st4nt d
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Once you "level" your hunter homesteader, she'll repeatedly deliver 10 bear skins, and 10 beav3r (sorry for the leet but the forum seems to think that I'm being perverted instead of naming an animal) skins (as well as a few others). Sell these either via land convoy (if that's all you have, be sure to check all merchants in each city to ensure you're getting the best price) or via naval convoy (not available until around sequence 8-ish I think, and you'll need to hunt a few bears on your own to build them as you need a byproduct of skinning them that only you can get).

Naval convoy prices will undoubtedly be immensely higher (1500 for a bear skin) but you're also looking at a 30-35 minute wait for the convoy. And I highly recommend doing the Aquilla missions to make sure you're not losing your ships and 15k worth of trade.

Oh, and in case you haven't realized it already... attack the forts in the cities for the land convoys... it'll lower your tax rate and increase your profit.

redka243
11-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the tips.

I'm on sequence 8 or 9 now I think but I haven't seen a naval convoy recipe. Didn't know attacking the forts lowered tax rates and increased profits....

Where's a good place to hunt the bears?

Crafting stuff is kinda complicated..I found this guide with a list of recipes which I'm putting here for others's reference : http://segmentnext.com/2012/10/30/assassins-creed-3-crafting-recipes-guide-how-to-craft-items/2/ Its gives what you need for each recipe but not necessarily where to find each ingredient which would have been nice.

So the best way to make money via convoy is to buy bear skins and b eaver skins then send them via convoy land or sea?
I already have 2 land convoys (the third one is stuck on "attacked"). If your sea convoy gets "attacked" do you permanently lose the slot due to a similar bug as the land convoy bug?