PDA

View Full Version : Air Assassinate John Pitcairn[Spoilers]

mcbrid55
11-02-2012, 08:53 AM
My buddy posted a guide on this side quest and it helped me a lot. If you have any other hints hit me up here or in the comments on the site!

http://www.gamersheroes.com/assassins-creed-3-guide-assassinate-john-pitcairn

ihatemilkduds
11-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Does anyone have any clue if there's a possible glitch? I know one should post in the glitch thread but I don't know if this is an actual glitch or I missed some new move tutorial or something.

I have done this mission 36 times. I make it successfully without being detected to the tree on the other side of camp that gets me to the flagpole top. I lock on Pitcairn. . .air assassinate. . .and ALL HE DOES IS THROW HIM OFF THE HORSE!! I've tried to wait until the marching group of redcoats are heading the other way so that they can't see me jump down. Every time. . .it's a bust!! I am seriously tearing my hair out over this and have never swore so much on a Sabbath Day!!!! Help me out. Anybody. Thanks.

mcbrid55
11-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Does anyone have any clue if there's a possible glitch? I know one should post in the glitch thread but I don't know if this is an actual glitch or I missed some new move tutorial or something.

I have done this mission 36 times. I make it successfully without being detected to the tree on the other side of camp that gets me to the flagpole top. I lock on Pitcairn. . .air assassinate. . .and ALL HE DOES IS THROW HIM OFF THE HORSE!! I've tried to wait until the marching group of redcoats are heading the other way so that they can't see me jump down. Every time. . .it's a bust!! I am seriously tearing my hair out over this and have never swore so much on a Sabbath Day!!!! Help me out. Anybody. Thanks.

No idea, talked to the person guiding the game for us and they could not come up with an answer. He did say to make sure to check what you are equipping. If you have your fists equipped he can't assassinate. Sorry if that isn't the answer you were looking for! Doing some research now and if I find anything I will post back.

ihatemilkduds
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I remember that whole equip thing causing me trouble in Brotherhood. But even then, all he'd do was pretend to punch as he precariously balanced on whatever ledge you were on, you could never actually drop down.

Once I've calmed down and talked myself off my figurative ledge, haha, I'll be going back to be sure I've got my blade equipped. Thanks again!

Blind2Society
11-05-2012, 08:06 AM
This guide actually helped me a couple day ago. When I first started the mission I looked at the flag pole and thought, there's no way that will work. Then I facepalmed when I used the flag pole and it worked.