PDA

View Full Version : I Enjoyed It [No Spoilers]

tjbyrum1
11-02-2012, 04:45 AM
With all the negativity I see cluttering these forums, it makes me wonder what everyone sees so bad in the game. I myself enjoyed the game... but I must admit I've only completed 38% of the game, but I have completed the main story and that's what matters right now.

The graphics were superb, and so was the animations. I really liked them a lot and so far have had no issues with anything. I've seen some graphical mistakes, or some clipping problems - but they're not issues. They''re classical bugs and glitches - and I personally do not care about them; they did not stop me from enjoying the game as so many others have claimed. I believe in due time they will be fixed anyway.

The game has some nice plot twists, especially because they're unexpected. But the story starts off interesting - with a pretty big bang. From there, it just seems to dull down during the middle portion of the game, but it picks back up soon when Connor finds an 'interesting companion'. The end set up a very interesting situation, and then Connor was met with some conflicted opportunities and information, and all of boils down to the finale, which I actually liked. Desmond's story was okay, but I don't want to say much about him.

I only recall certain characters having 'character'. Many of them were just cardboard cutouts with nothing special about them like we had in the characters in AC2 (who were a lot more dynamic), but I can forgive them for this because some of the characters were indeed interesting and well-played.

The gameplay is improved, and I found nothing wrong with it. Combat is satisfying and brutal and easy to get into the groove of. Free-running is simplified, though I preferred the Assassin's Claw layout. Naval Warfare was superb and very satisfying. Hunting is pretty cool with the snares and bait and all. Lots of side things to do and accomplish around the world too to keep playing.

All in all, I recommend this game to anyone who likes hardcore games and the AC franchise.

doogsy91
11-02-2012, 05:11 AM
What do you mean by Assassin's claw?

I'm just waiting on the postie to drop mine off the sarvo.:D

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
What do you mean by Assassin's claw?

"Assassin's claw" is how we used to free-run in past AC games, with the right index finger and thumb gripping the controller like a claw.

JustinTruesdel
11-02-2012, 10:21 AM
"Assassin's claw" is how we used to free-run in past AC games, with the right index finger and thumb gripping the controller like a claw.

Uhm... Why?

SpitfireSpud
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Uhm... Why?

He mean s on the RT and the A button, your hand was in the shape of a claw [think thats what he means lol]

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
He mean s on the RT and the A button, your hand was in the shape of a claw [think thats what he means lol]

Just put my hand around the controller and saw it. Indeed looks like a claw lol.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I think that's partly why the forum is cluttered w/ alot of ....... 'crap' - this is a longer game so most people aren't speeding thru it to give their overall opinions of the entire game yet.
I wish I could, but I'm only in Sequence 3 & can't fairly give a proper Review. So far what I have played, I LOVE.
The missions are great, I'm enjoying them along with the story that I'm really into now. & totally impressed w/ the graphics.
No bugs to speak of yet either....

ajl992008
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
i have completed 25% so far but i am 2/3 the way through the story, although it was a slow start i appreciate it because of what the beginning sequences give to the overall story. the only issue i have with the game is that there isn't much customisation or weapons.

SpitfireSpud
11-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I am on Seq 8 now and I am currently in

I am nearly there, 12 Seqs in the game.