PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 9 Game Breaking Bug?

JID127
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Last night I was playing the game on sequence 9: "the foam and flames", I was in the part in the brewery and then guys lit it on fire. I was playing the game at like 3:00 am so i thought this was a good time to quit, since it had autosaved.

The next morning, which was today, I start up the game and see that i've spawned near the borders of New York, and not only that, the mission marker for the mission had disappeared completely. So, I've spent 3 hours or so trying to find ways to play the mission again. I did all the side missions in New York, that didn't work, went to the frontier and came back, that didn't work, even exited out of the Animus, and while I did see a few new cutscenes and unlocked a few new rooms in this ancient place hidden in a cave, when I went back to the part of the game with Conner, the mission still hadn't appeared again.

So, here I am, I ask you fine people of these forums to help me out, because I seriously cannot find a way to do this mission so I can proceed in this game's great story. :(

JID127
11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
any help? *shameless bump*

ShrunkLawyer0
11-03-2012, 05:48 PM
dude having the same problem its not just you cant access the mission

JID127
11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
now, i have to wait until the entire weekend is over to actually play again(if i'm lucky), because tech support doesn't respond on weekends. :(

this is ridiculous. i was really enjoying the game too.

ShrunkLawyer0
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
ive tried everything to restart the mission no good

OneDead_Next
11-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Having the same problem (power went out here) nothing seems to fix it. i have tried everything,
Please fix this glitch !!:mad:

Ichhaltsam
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Saw this on a Gamespot forum:

1. Get in the general store
2. Exit the Animus
3. Re enter Animus
4. You will spawn outside and see the questmarker.
5. Climb over the Brewery Wall and you can start the mission

It worked for me, and sorry for my bad english.

If you wonder how you can get over the brewery wall: You have to stand on the right side of the gate and stand under the lantern, now run up the wall and on the highest position you jump, now you should be on the top of the wall.

ChristineFaust
11-21-2012, 07:55 PM
I've had the same issue for a few weeks now...I cannot start this mission....Perhaps I am looking in the wrong area of New York? I cannot get over this wall. Which General Store do you go into to exit/renter the animus? There is no quest marker showing when I spawn in New York....I am soo frustrated!

ChristineFaust
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Has anyone heard back from tech support yet???

ChristineFaust
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
now, i have to wait until the entire weekend is over to actually play again(if i'm lucky), because tech support doesn't respond on weekends. :(

this is ridiculous. i was really enjoying the game too.

Have they ever answered? I put in a post about it to tech support and they havent responded yet

jules2005
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Is there any update on this please. I am stuck too, cannot play until this is fixed and am really peeved

MastaGengis
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
You are all gonna hate me but your best course of action is to start fresh, you at least get to play !! Rather than do what i have which is wait 10 days for no help whatsoever...

SnD BRADAN 95
11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
It actually worked thanks so much for the advice!!!

OneDead_Next
11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
works great thanks for the post!

montagemik
11-29-2012, 09:52 AM
IT'S NOT A Gamebreaking bug - Quitting mid mission causes this fault because memory 9 sequence 2-3 & 4 All link directly onto each other instead of DO 1 mission & back to free roam .
These 3 sequences are essentially 1 big mission with your Father.

None of you considered replaying the PREVIOUS Father & Son mission from the start in how many weeks ???
Oh well nevermind.

psf22
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
I can't believe you would just quit mid Sequence even if it was late, sorry

ninotores
12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
I can't believe you would just quit mid Sequence even if it was late, sorry

Then you're an idiot. I did the same thing. In fact, I'm seeing this reported all over the internet. People quit the memory and then get this game-breaking bug, because Ubi Montreal didn't bother to do enough play-testing to anticipate it... like so many other problems with this game.

ninotores
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
IT'S NOT A Gamebreaking bug - Quitting mid mission causes this fault because memory 9 sequence 2-3 & 4 All link directly onto each other instead of DO 1 mission & back to free roam .
These 3 sequences are essentially 1 big mission with your Father.

None of you considered replaying the PREVIOUS Father & Son mission from the start in how many weeks ???
Oh well nevermind.

It literally breaks the game, thus, it's a game-breaking bug. This isn't complicated. The Quit Memory option in the pause menu should obviously be temporarily grayed out to prevent this situation from happening to people, but Ubi Montreal didn't bother.

Oh and btw, replaying Father and Son is useless. It's a replay, you 'tard, when you finish a replay the game just respawns your character right back where he was when he accessed the replay, which then does nothing to remedy this issue.

Mission replays don't rewind the storyline progression. You've played this game how many weeks and not figured that out? Oh well nevermind.