PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Jaggy lines all over

FreshGroundFX
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
AC, AC2, ACB, and ACR all had epic graphics and they all looked great. I had them all. AC3 has a terrible resolution setting and omg the jaggies are driving me nuts. They appear around every window, slightly diagonal line, and wherever there are shadows (everywhere). I understand Ubi had to lower resolution because the game is so resource intensive.

I have:

- Xbox 360
- 42' Plasma (Samsung)

I run it off HDMI cables (high quality) and I set the Xbox to put out 720 p. I have tried 1080p and 1080i and 720 seems to be the best. I've lowered sharpness to no end.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME GET RID OF (or minimize) THE JAGGED LINES? Please

BBALive
11-01-2012, 11:37 PM
The resolution is the same. Consoles are terrible at anti-aliasing. Blame the hardware.

Your only option is to buy the PC version.

FreshGroundFX
11-02-2012, 12:33 AM
The resolution is the same. Consoles are terrible at anti-aliasing. Blame the hardware.

Your only option is to buy the PC version.

Boo, so if the resolution is the same, why is it only AC3 that has jaggy lines?

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Boo, so if the resolution is the same, why is it only AC3 that has jaggy lines?
Because it`s using an Unbelievably complex engine that uses enormous amount of Power on outdated Hardware..

FreshGroundFX
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Because it`s using an Unbelievably complex engine that uses enormous amount of Power on outdated Hardware..

I see. So this is why the pre-rendered cut scenes are flawless but the game is lacking? I guess what I read on other forums (that the in game resolution is lower because the resources go to graphics and the cut scenes have a higher resolution) is wrong.

So everyone (atleast on the xbox) is experiencing these jagged lines? This suckkkkkks. Can't wait for next gen Xbox, cus this is garbage. The game is absolutely beautiful but the jags make it hard to enjoy.

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
there goes that argument....

FreshGroundFX
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
there goes that argument....

Lol, what? Were you expecting a flame war?

BlackLight3578
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Yes i was, and i was disappointed.

Bigodon
11-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Forza horizon is sharpy, crispy, fine edges
halo 4 too

Ac3 looked sooooooooooooooo jaggy, i agreed
all peeviously ac had awesome gfx, this one is a shame

rupok2
11-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Ya noticed this too. Draw distance of objects is horrible and you can see how bad the anti aliasing is.

Ill wait till pc version. I can't stand playing the game when graphics are this bad.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Agh... I do not want to sound like a Nerd, but..

For The engine to be able to render ALL of what you see, exploits are used. The game is Huge and requires lots of Power, but the out dated Hardware is not helping, even with the new engine that does its best to push the Console to its very limit (A bit over the limit sometimes)

The faces outside of cutscenes, the Jaggy shadows, the somewhat short distance draw and slow render speed are all part of these exploits to have the game running on the console properly

FreshGroundFX
11-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Ya noticed this too. Draw distance of objects is horrible and you can see how bad the anti aliasing is.

Ill wait till pc version. I can't stand playing the game when graphics are this bad.

Ya, exactly, it's too bad. Honestly, beautifully done game, intense amounts of rendering so respect for getting such a project to work on an xbox period, but it breaks the game dynamic. When the next xbox comes out (in a couple years) with updated specs, I will definitely replay this game the way it was meant to be played

FreshGroundFX
11-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Agh... I do not want to sound like a Nerd, but..

For The engine to be able to render ALL of what you see, exploits are used. The game is Huge and requires lots of Power, but the out dated Hardware is not helping, even with the new engine that does its best to push the Console to its very limit (A bit over the limit sometimes)

The faces outside of cutscenes, the Jaggy shadows, the somewhat short distance draw and slow render speed are all part of these exploits to have the game running on the console properly

Yeah I feel you, its awesome they made it work period because its such an intense game. I kind of wish they went the route of Fable 3 where once the rendering got too heavy the game got a little blurry, which I was fine with cus it still looked great. But obviously not everyone would like that, so jagged lines and short draw distance are the trade off. Can't wait till next generation xbox...

FreshGroundFX
11-04-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes i was, and i was disappointed.

Back to 9gag you go.