PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, I mean really seriously

HisShadowX
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img528/7904/wtfso.jpg

I am really, really trying to enjoy this game but things like a broken map, horrible combat and things like the above are ruining my experience..... was this game rushed?

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 11:25 PM
lmao xD

Post in the feedback thread..

Never happened to me, though

Saltyyyy
11-01-2012, 11:25 PM
I get this feeling too, not as smooth as the other games and a bit of a disappointment so far in all honesty.

BBALive
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I must be lucky. The worst bug I experienced was falling through the map once. Everything else has been very minor, and I'm loving the combat system.

How is the map broken?

Kaschra
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Ahaha, I've even seen a screenshot with 15 Achilles' xD

I don't have much bugs and glitches either.

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I admit it takes some getting used to, but I really don't see that combat is that hard or awkward... I had more problems trying to do combo's in batman than killing guards here so far.
I can't speak for the map, I only synch'd 2 areas & have a tiny little hole open - lots more to go for me. The missions are amazing and challenging imo - It seems like there's lots more guards covering areas & stealth is harder in this one ? Taking alot of time.

So far and fortunately, I haven't had any bugs either. I'm loving this game, I seem to be the main problem with my screw ups lol

ShaneO7K
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Achilles' must have had a PoE! lol

Never had him duplicate before but his walking stick disappeared quite alot.

NinjaOnFire
11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
How is the combat horrible?

shanethebouncer
11-02-2012, 12:08 AM
The game was rushed.

HisShadowX
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Ahaha, I've even seen a screenshot with 15 Achilles' xD

What is AC3 world was in The Marrix?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/215/047/35cake.jpg

shanethebouncer
11-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know how to do the the convoys in the trade menu? It always says that I dont have any convoys at the time.

ShaneO7K
11-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know how to do the the convoys in the trade menu? It always says that I dont have any convoys at the time.

You sure that you pressed Y at the end to send the convoy?

luckyto
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
It's not rushed. It just pushes the systems farther. I've had few bugs, Considering What the game is rendering, It's amazing.

united1964
11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes agree the graphic are not that good. Nothing like the trailers. Very disappointed

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes agree the graphic are not that good. Nothing like the trailers. Very disappointed
Not that good ? Clean your eyes, mate..

If there is ANYTHING AC III delivered, its the Visuals..

united1964
11-02-2012, 12:30 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img528/7904/wtfso.jpg

I am really, really trying to enjoy this game but things like a broken map, horrible combat and things like the above are ruining my experience..... was this game rushed?

yes agree disappointed with graphics and game.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 12:32 AM
*Facepalm* Do you even know what "Graphics" mean ??

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Agreed, what're you smokin? The graphics are incredible! Never seen anything like it before on current gen.

You know what this forum needs? More people with Oct/Nov join dates & 4 total posts all starting their own individual threads to b**** about the game. Man this place is hard to visit the last couple days..

HisShadowX
11-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Agreed, what're you smokin? The graphics are incredible! Never seen anything like it before on current gen.

You know what this forum needs? More people with Oct/Nov join dates & 4 total posts all starting their own individual threads to b**** about the game. Man this place is hard to visit the last couple days..

Thats because the game is getting a bad reception I know you and some others would like to bury your head in the sand but yeah the reception so far has been negative.

manu_erizo
11-02-2012, 01:26 AM
Thats because the game is getting a bad reception I know you and some others would like to bury your head in the sand but yeah the reception so far has been negative.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-iii

Hardly what you'd call "a bad reception".

HisShadowX
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/assassins-creed-iii

Hardly what you'd call "a bad reception".

I agree. Right now the user reviews are better than the paid reviews but you're pretty much getting the reception on how people are feeling on the forums here and elsewhere. People are very vocal because they love the franchise and it seems AC3 is doing things that takes a couple steps back.

I hope this will be indeed a learning experience from Ubi and the staff has been kind so far with the reception the game has been getting though negative on the forums they keep reassuring us. They are not making the situation worse like Bioware with former employees like Stanley Woo who was let go for being disgruntled but other disgruntled workers brought him back to work for free before they left to insult customers.

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 04:46 AM

LOL bury my head in the sand?? I just discovered this series a little over 2 years ago, I have no built in loyalty to defend Ubisoft. I don't work for them, if I didn't like the game I'd say so. I just don't get the complaining, I think the game's great. Then again I've been lucky to have had no real visual bug issues, its been a very smooth ride for me.

Can all you whiners at least do me a solid then and keep it in the same thread? Why everyone making their first post decides to start their own thread about the same topic everyone's already complaining about is a little ridiculous. For those of us you don't actually despise the game, it gets timesome wading through 14 different thread versions of "This game sucksss" to find a relevant discussion thread.

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 05:18 AM
...and for the record, I get why you started this thread, at least you had a picture. That does suck. I'm not referring to you specifically as much as everyone who's starting the 200 negative nancy threads. Just getting a little much is all.

Nnamerif
11-02-2012, 05:48 AM
This game is FFen sick! you guys are on some good shh or need glasses if you think the graphics suck make an appointment to see an optometrist asap. I mean what other game out right now besides Skyrim is this immersive and all games have bugs and glitches big deal compared to all the fun the pros much out weight the cons here.

Ezio_ilMentore
11-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Achilles has made illusions of himself... without using the Apple! O.O

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 07:20 AM
The graphics are the same as the last two games.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 07:22 AM
The graphics are the same as the last two games.
Nope...

Or at the very least, we can say its subjective..

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, they are. It's the limits of the consoles. There are more visuals added (fog, rain and the like) but the graphics are the same.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Yes, they are. It's the limits of the consoles. There are more visuals added (fog, rain and the like) but the graphics are the same.
Hell No...

Its in-explainable, but the Graphics are definitely upgraded from before. The Faces, Clothes, Physics, number of Polygons, Lighting and foliage. Hell, the past 2 games did not even look alike as you claim..

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Not true...

Free_Hidings
11-02-2012, 07:50 AM

No, they are definately different. Revelations already had exceptional graphics, which I feel it never really got credit for. Especially on Ezio, have you seen him in game wearing the Ishak Pasha armour? It looks absolutely flawless.

But AC3 textures look more organic and real, as opposed to the pretty but slightly plasticky looking textures of AC2 - ACR.

And look at the wet weather textures, that's when the graphics really shine IMO, the stoney ground of Boston in a raintsorm looks far more incredible than anything in previous AC. The water is also much better looking. Textures in general are well detailed but smoother than in the past.

Character textures vary, in some cases they are actually slightly worse than ACR (Look a little painted) but the detail on Achilles, for example, is unsurpassed. Same goes with clothes, Revelations already did this very well and sometimes in AC3 it looks painty but the best of AC3 surpasses the best of ACR.

Oh, I forgot to add also, the graphics are slightly but noticeably improved from the already stellar Revelations. Not always, not everywhere, but overall, definately. However the more impressive feat is how it manages this with a higher and smoother frame rate, in general a larger and more detailed world, more NPC's and in general more going on. With all the content packed into AC3 I would expect the frame rate to drop to a slow crawl, judging by how Revelations would struggle at times. But AC3 just runs so smooth, while looking sooo goood

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Not true...
And ? That`s it ? Am I supposed to Yield now ? Just look at the models and environment closely, mate... Do a side by side comparison for god`s sake. I know upgraded Graphics when I see it (Its not the best looking game ever, but its definitely nothing like the past 2 games, which are not alike either btw)

The number of Polygons is greatly increased, The Faces have better textures, the clothes look amazing to the smallest thread.

I study game design, so I know what I`m talking about. My word against yours..At least try saying something more convincing other than "Not true"

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
8.5/10 is a negative reaction... O.o

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I study game design, so I know what I`m talking about.

I don't feel the need to convince you. I will say however, that you clearly don't.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't feel the need to convince you. I will say however, that you clearly don't.
WTF ?? And you do ? Do you even know what the term Graphics mean ? Think about your argument skills, mate, because you`re just bad at it. I`m out, because you clearly have run out of proper replies..

EDIT: A Senior ? You should know better replies in arguments than "Not true" or "You Clearly Don`t"

xD12x_STaLLiON
11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
All I know is its glitching real bad during sequence 12. Cant even beat the game because of it.

Free_Hidings
11-02-2012, 08:19 AM
All I know is its glitching real bad during sequence 12. Cant even beat the game because of it.

Every time I see somone with Nov 2012 join date and 1 post, I fear for my life... One of these days, someone is going to spoil the ending for me. I better get back to it and finish it, before it's too late!!

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
The game was rushed.

3 years they said.......3 years my a**

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 08:51 AM
The Faces have better textures

The graphics for this game is better as a whole, especially Charles Lee's face...speechless.

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
I agree the faces are much improved graphically, but dont forget, they got the technology from the developers who did L.A. Noire. That company no longer exists from what i heard. That technology is still pretty new by the way. Not 3 years old

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree the faces are much improved graphically, but dont forget, they got the technology from the developers who did L.A. Noire. That company no longer exists from what i heard.
What ? No..

Its not even close, where did you get that from ?

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 09:00 AM
What ? No..

Its not even close, where did you get that from ?

The company has been defunct since Oct 2011 LOL Where you been living?

The technology was called MotionScan, for video games and movies. LA Noire was the first game to use that in 2011. The sister company of Team Bondi created the technology in Australia

dbuzzyb
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I had a brilliant glitch-one of the redcoats i killed in boston turned into strech armstrong along the whole length of th street then twanged back to normal with a wiggly snake action ,it was hilarious

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 09:13 AM
The company has been defunct since Oct 2011 LOL Where you been living?

The technology was called MotionScan, for video games and movies. LA Noire was the first game to use that in 2011. The sister company of Team Bondi created the technology in Australia

I think you're mistaking Mocam with MotionScan.

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I think you're mistaking Mocam with MotionScan.

Nope. Motionscan was invented by Depth Analysis, an Australian company whose sister compnay s Team Bondi, the developers of L.A. Noire. This technology debuted at E3 in 2010. The internet is a beautiful thing, use it lol

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Nope. Motionscan was invented by Depth Analysis, an Australian company whose sister compnay s Team Bondi, the developers of L.A. Noire. This technology debuted at E3 in 2010. The internet is a beautiful thing, use it lol
I meant the tech that was used since ACR. Of course I know what MotionScan is, and ACIII does not use it.

Eurostar7
11-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I meant the tech that was used since ACR. Of course I know what MotionScan is, and ACIII does not use it.

Oh, Ubisoft made that because they saw what MotionScan was capable of. They wanted to 'copy' the technology but take it a step further and made it full body motion capture. Not sure if they succeeded but body movements look more fluid in AC3

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh, Ubisoft made that because they saw what MotionScan was capable of. They wanted to 'copy' the technology but take it a step further and made it full body motion capture. Not sure if they succeeded but body movements look more fluid in AC3
Just a few posts ago you said Ubisoft "got" the technology from L.A. Noire. So which is it? Did they acquire the tech or did they attempt to replicate it?

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Ubisoft did not "Copy" the Technology, mate..

They`re using a similar Technology, but its not the same by far. Its a completely different technology to what was used by LA Noire..

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Ubisoft did not "Copy" the Technology, mate..

They`re using a similar Technology, but its not the same by far. Its a completely different technology to what was used by LA Noire..

That's what I thought. If Ubisoft actually copied the tech, then we might as well accuse any game with facial capture tech of "copying."

Krayus Korianis
11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
They used MoCap for the bodies and the same stuff they used for Avatar in AC 3 :| Saw the videos of them talking, same stuff just not the big bulky stuff for when they moved.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Also... L.A. Noire wasn't made by anyone but Rockstar North who used MoCap for bodies and facial expressions (talking, emotions); SAME technology used by Avatar... God****ed you people claiming it was made by others are stupid.
No, It was not made by Rockstar. The developer of the MotionScan was Depth Analysis, the sister Company of Team Bondi.

Most of the work was by Team Bondi

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
LOL bury my head in the sand?? I just discovered this series a little over 2 years ago, I have no built in loyalty to defend Ubisoft. I don't work for them, if I didn't like the game I'd say so. I just don't get the complaining, I think the game's great. Then again I've been lucky to have had no real visual bug issues, its been a very smooth ride for me.

Can all you whiners at least do me a solid then and keep it in the same thread? Why everyone making their first post decides to start their own thread about the same topic everyone's already complaining about is a little ridiculous. For those of us you don't actually despise the game, it gets timesome wading through 14 different thread versions of "This game sucksss" to find a relevant discussion thread.

I've come across 2 of your posts that I remember specifically as being exactly how I thought/felt and very good posts...
I'm the same way with this too. I wonder if they were the same ones complaining about not changing enough in ACR? I get that some people may not love such a different AC from the previous Trilogy we played, but MANY were complaining about Revelations last year like this too

I don't mind some valid criticism & troubleshooting (legit bugs, problems figuring something out etc.)- I had some problems w/ the guns myself but some of these threads are so nit picky & utterly anal, it's embarrassing and imo, unfair with the level of game this is on several fronts from story to good missions and amazing graphics/detail. It's as if the negative is being brought up over all the other positives - that's probly human nature I guess? It's easier to complain.

I get some of it, but I don't get alot of it :/

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I do get most of the complaints, but in some odd way those problems (graphical bug and the such) just have no effect on me. Maybe I'm a fanboy, or maybe I'm trying to justify my purchase. The sad fact is that there are so few threads praising ACIII to the point that I'm afraid to start my own euphoric thread. Even those threads praising the game tend not to get much responses. I would rather discuss how great of a time I'm having outside of the official feedback thread.

weebunnie
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I've come across 2 of your posts that I remember specifically as being exactly how I thought/felt and very good posts...
I'm the same way with this too. I wonder if they were the same ones complaining about not changing enough in ACR? I get that some people may not love such a different AC from the previous Trilogy we played, but MANY were complaining about Revelations last year like this too

I don't mind some valid criticism & troubleshooting (legit bugs, problems figuring something out etc.)- I had some problems w/ the guns myself but some of these threads are so nit picky & utterly anal, it's embarrassing and imo, unfair with the level of game this is on several fronts from story to good missions and amazing graphics/detail. It's as if the negative is being brought up over all the other positives - that's probly human nature I guess? It's easier to complain.

I'm gonna throw my hat in this discussion since I was going to post a question about the dev of the game. As for the 'nit picky & utterly anal' comments you've read, I really think it chalks up to misdirected anger concerning the game industry's overall accepted practices nowadays, namely the Release & Patch method with DLC coming in second. There is no doubt (regardless if you absolutely love it or hate it) that this game could have benefited from some additional polish time but the industry standard is today, release it and patch it which literally results in the end-user = QA part II. So given the amount one pays, the anticipation, industry practice, it's inevitable a majority of end-users will feel 'ripped-off' and complain. Just my two cents...

As for my question, does anyone know why they keep changing the controls per every game? It states in the beginning they've fixed or enhanced the controls but as an example, I find it frustrating running down an alley and slightly bump a porch step, barrel, whatever (seems no one can do corners correctly) and suddenly do the 'hop to every available climbing platform' dance while trying to escape; Brotherhood and Revelations was perfect in being necessary to use a button as well as a trigger so the aforementioned never happened. I know its not something solely Ubisoft does but it begs the question, why. Using the map, yeah, still catching myself using the left control stick to zoom in and watching the menus dance all over the place is a joy. Other than that, a few glitches but enjoying the game though whomever on the team decided to use blue as an overall map color, I guess no one thought that might cause confusion since the universal color of water is blue...interesting,

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I do get most of the complaints, but in some odd way those problems (graphical bug and the such) just have no effect on me. Maybe I'm a fanboy, or maybe I'm trying to justify my purchase. The sad fact is that there are so few threads praising ACIII to the point that I'm afraid to start my own euphoric thread. Even those threads praising the game tend not to get much responses. I would rather discuss how great of a time I'm having outside of the official feedback thread.

I was mentioning something relating to this in another thread - the game is much longer than ACR so people aren't breezing thru it and getting an overall view of the game so alot of people like me who aren't far enough along can't agree or disagree with your euphoria about it yet lol - plus I can't give one of my own yet either.

So I guess they're just nit picking little things as they go along and haven't taken the entire thing in it's full, completed scope - - so we're seeing people who aren't liking smaller, specific aspects that have changed from the previous games? That's kind of my assumption. I notice most of it is about little stuff, not game breaking bugs etc.
I think it's true what another poster said, 'people dislike change'.... I think that's very true & I'm one of them myself but I refuse to not try to embrace where AC is going. I love the AC concept & gameplay too much.

All I know is that I'm used to this in this particular forum - I wasn't here in the ACB days, I came in late to the series but it was sure there with ACR & I was really discouraged about it. I loved that game & played it 2 more times since. ??? I dunno.

lothario-da-be
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
al those bug complainers are irritating the crap out of me. I only had 3 bugs and I'am in sequence 5 now. A guard walking through a table, the mouth of the capitian not moving when he is talking and a horse that stood on his food-table ( i have no idea how its called in English). So nothing that ruined my experience.

MT4K
11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
You have to remember guys that many people may also be too busy playing the game to log on here just to praise it :p. It's natural to see more negative right after launch as everybody else will be enjoying it.

lothario-da-be
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
You have to remember guys that many people may also be too busy playing the game to log on here just to praise it :p. It's natural to see more negative right after launch as everybody else will be enjoying it.
Haha youre right all the lovers are busy playing, exept for me. school sucks...

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 11:46 AM
As for my question, does anyone know why they keep changing the controls per every game? It states in the beginning they've fixed or enhanced the controls but as an example, I find it frustrating running down an alley and slightly bump a porch step, barrel, whatever (seems no one can do corners correctly) and suddenly do the 'hop to every available climbing platform' dance while trying to escape; Brotherhood and Revelations was perfect in being necessary to use a button as well as a trigger so the aforementioned never happened. I know its not something solely Ubisoft does but it begs the question, why.
For me, free-running has become more controllable because my thumb is freed up to manipulate the camera at all times. Another advantage is that you'll almost never fall to your death while free-run at full speed. Of course, as you mentioned, turning corners and passing by small obstacles can be a pain...initially. I found a way to lessen the annoyance by letting go of the shoulder button for a few milliseconds when turning a corner, then resume to free-run after quickly adjusting the direction Connor's facing. That's my experience.

All I know is that I'm used to this in this particular forum - I wasn't here in the ACB days, I came in late to the series but it was sure there with ACR & I was really discouraged about it. I loved that game & played it 2 more times since. ??? I dunno.

That must've been rough. I also joined the forum when Rev came out, but actually played all the games at that point. My first impression was that how ironic it was for an official AC forum to be full of AC haters, lol. But, as you said, it's probably in our nature to be negative.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm gonna throw my hat in this discussion since I was going to post a question about the dev of the game. As for the 'nit picky & utterly anal' comments you've read, I really think it chalks up to misdirected anger concerning the game industry's overall accepted practices nowadays, namely the Release & Patch method with DLC coming in second. There is no doubt (regardless if you absolutely love it or hate it) that this game could have benefited from some additional polish time but the industry standard is today, release it and patch it which literally results in the end-user = QA part II. So given the amount one pays, the anticipation, industry practice, it's inevitable a majority of end-users will feel 'ripped-off' and complain. Just my two cents...

As for my question, does anyone know why they keep changing the controls per every game? It states in the beginning they've fixed or enhanced the controls but as an example, I find it frustrating running down an alley and slightly bump a porch step, barrel, whatever (seems no one can do corners correctly) and suddenly do the 'hop to every available climbing platform' dance while trying to escape; Brotherhood and Revelations was perfect in being necessary to use a button as well as a trigger so the aforementioned never happened. I know its not something solely Ubisoft does but it begs the question, why. Using the map, yeah, still catching myself using the left control stick to zoom in and watching the menus dance all over the place is a joy. Other than that, a few glitches but enjoying the game though whomever on the team decided to use blue as an overall map color, I guess no one thought that might cause confusion since the universal color of water is blue...interesting,

I think that in condensing the button command use for every single little motion & movement you make, that's ended up happening. In my mission to sabotage a couple cannons, I was running to get to some cover & he ends up jumping onto everything in his path - crates, ledges, etc. & I ended up climbing a wall instead of ducking in some brush or missing the haystack.
In making climbing so much easier, I think that's the negative result that he automatically does that? But then it saves me the tedious & annoying climbing commands at the same time & it helped keep me from being discovered a few times since he honed right in on the ladder I wanted to climb just in time.

As for the industry stuff - I don't know the full cost, amount of work or deadlines they run into to put high end games out (if you notice, the expectations of gamers get higher and higher and as we see that on the rise, it puts companies in a predicament to deliver or else they get attacked for that too), but then if it's the standard as you say, this is common and to just be expected with most games today so why relentlessly take it out on them.
Maybe if people would start expecting less and not demanding as much, they'd get something different.? Maybe it isn't all THEM to blame??

Mr_Shade
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Haha youre right all the lovers are busy playing, exept for me. school sucks...

Indeed - those who have no problems or love the new controls - will be busy completing it ;)

So, we do seem to have a lot of bug threads - however some are repeats so it can look a lot more than really there is..

That - plus some people are a little more vocal than others.. ;)

HOWEVER - these forums are here for bugs and issues to be raised in - that's how things get changed..

That's why the combat is different - people wanted change.. [however change is a bad thing for some - and takes time to adjust]

The Bug threads are used to compile reports - and the Dev Team are constantly reading the forums for feedback etc - so they are the best place to post - since it's all in one spot ;)

Single player gameplay feed back: NO SPOILERS!!
Assassin's Creed 3: Single Player Gameplay Feedback [DO NOT POST SPOILERS] (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS)

Single player bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Bugs & Issues Thread *Possible Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981)

Multiplayer bugs? Please again report directly to Support and use this Thread.
Assassin's Creed 3: Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720983)

For Multiplayer feedback such as game modes, perks, etc, please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback Thread *Possible-Spoilers* (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720984)

Not to say they do not read these threads too - they do - however we d have those threads set up for a reason - it helps cut down repeat threads about the same issue..

IntoxicEIGHT
11-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I saw double Achilles after I finished the storyline. I also fell through the map once

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
That must've been rough. I also joined the forum when Rev came out, but actually played all the games at that point. My first impression was that how ironic it was for an official AC forum to be full of AC haters, lol. But, as you said, it's probably in our nature to be negative.

Trust me, it isn't half as bad here as some of the other forums.. *cough*BSN*cough*

mitava123
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Trust me, it isn't half as bad here as some of the other forums.. *cough*BSN*cough*

Well, they have a good reason.

pirate1802
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Well, they have a good reason.

Indeed. But sometimes they tend to go too far.

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
these forums are here for bugs and issues to be raised in - that's how things get changed..

That's why the combat is different - people wanted change.. [however change is a bad thing for some - and takes time to adjust]

IMO it was a very good change, this is the most fluid both combat and (above ground) movement has ever been by far.

I'm not saying change something simply for the sake of changing something, but if said change is an improvement (like in AC3), then do it. Personally I enjoy when I have to re-learn how to do something like combat here. It takes something stagnant and makes it challenging again. And it makes it fun & exciting when you keep discovering new tricks while doing it.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I have to say, I'm having a BLAST in Seq. 2-3. These missions are fantastic & the story's picking up.
With more guards (strategically put in the worst possible places for me lol) , it's taking me longer to do missions too, so I feel I've already gotten my money's worth at full price and that was one of the main things I was worried about. So I'm very happy with AC3 so far!! :D

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Ya in IGN's & a couple other reviews I've read how the beginning was painfully slow & boring. I disagree, I totally enjoyed it, the story's great, and I liked the Haytham character too.

And if you're loving it already, wait until you get to sequence 6, that's when things really open up...

y0uRNeMmEsIs696
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
same thing happened to me yesterday :P

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Ya in IGN's & a couple other reviews I've read how the beginning was painfully slow & boring. I disagree, I totally enjoyed it, the story's great, and I liked the Haytham character too.

And if you're loving it already, wait until you get to sequence 6, that's when things really open up...
:D can't wait. & ya I'm really partial to Haytham at this point - he's a normal type of man that I suggest you don't mess with lol

I'm more of a moderate gamer so I very much appreciate slower beginnings so I can learn the ropes and get accustomed to things before they amp up on me.
I don't know if people are just used to blowing thru doors, guns-a-blazin & nonstop carnage or what, but AC is not COD nor do I ever want it to turn into that.

hyatari
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Maybe if people would start expecting less and not demanding as much, they'd get something different.? Maybe it isn't all THEM to blame??

That's the last thing we need to happen. In many cases, they're already getting carte blanche to just re-skin previous games and call them a sequel. COD is a prime example, and it really bugs me when I see some of the defensive, fanboy responses on this forum to valid, qualified critique of this game. Guess what? The only way things improve in ANY field is by feedback; both good and bad. You would literally think that this game is perfect if you read through some of the responses. Let's try and be adults about this, and accept that there are flaws, some of which are major IMO.

I'll be blunt here: quite simply, the 'scripted' paper weight combat is not good enough for a game in 2012; not when you've got games out there like Dark Souls, which unfortunately, literally make AC's combat feel like a complete joke. The series needs a complete overhaul in this respect; less letting the game do it for you, and more manual interraction from the actual player. I shouldn't be scaling buildings, flipping over objects etc just by pushing forward and R1; it's child's play and completely regressive IMO.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
That's the last thing we need to happen. In many cases, they're already getting carte blanche to just re-skin previous games and call them a sequel. COD is a prime example, and it really bugs me when I see some of the defensive, fanboy responses on this forum to valid, qualified critique of this game. Guess what? The only way things improve in ANY field is by feedback; both good and bad. You would literally think that this game is perfect if you read through some of the responses. Let's try and be adults about this, and accept that there are flaws, some of which are major IMO.

I'll be blunt here: quite simply, the 'scripted' paper weight combat is not good enough for a game in 2012; not when you've got games out there like Dark Souls, which unfortunately, literally make AC's combat feel like a complete joke. The series needs a complete overhaul in this respect; less letting the game do it for you, and more manual interraction from the actual player. I shouldn't be scaling buildings, flipping over objects etc just by pushing forward and R1; it's child's play and completely regressive IMO.
Just because someone thinks the game is perfect does not make him/her fan boy, such is the case with you. Just because you think the game sucks does not mean you`re Ignorant. Stop calling vocal supporters Fanboys and they`ll stop calling you Ignorant. Demanding Them to stop calling you Ignorant and yet you still call them fan boys is Unfair..

hyatari
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM
That made little to no sense, and had no relevance to my post. I'm not interested in getting in to a circular, meaningless debate with you. But like I say, if you're suggesting for one minute that this game is perfect, you have serious questions to ask yourself...

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
That made little to no sense, and had no relevance to my post. I'm not interested in getting in to a circular, meaningless debate with you. But like I say, if you're suggesting for one minute that this game is perfect, you have serious questions to ask yourself...
Stop calling people who think the game is perfect Fan Boys...That clear enough for your head ??

hyatari
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
No, they are fan boys. You can't think this game is literally perfect and be anything else. Is that clear enough for you?

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
No, they are fan boys. You can't think this game is literally perfect and be anything else. Is that clear enough for you?
Ah It seems I cannot get through your thick head, and not only that, but you`re also a parrot that repeats words to sound smart hmm What to do... Hmm

I`ll just call you Ignorant then:) ( Seeing as you do not wish to drop the name "fan boy") I like it. Suits you..

freddie_1897
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
IGN's review decided that Halo 4 is a 9.8. i don't really see why, i mean the storyline for Halo is amazing but it has been getting repetitive in its mechanics and gameplay. that's just my two cents though. but i swear to god if Black ops 2 gets given a higher score than assassins creed 3 i will make an online petition to stop them from making crap reviews

CalgaryJay
11-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Perfect?? Who said just because we like it we think its perfect? Ya it'd be nice if combat was more difficult, or at least more complicated, but its been improved nonetheless. AC3 has its issues, but I just appreciate the massive scope & scale Ubi did with this game, IMO it came out great. It seems the main issue is visual bugs, and frankly I've been lucky to not be experiencing any above GTA levels (which I frankly get more a laugh out of than anything), so a mostly glitchless AC3 has been an awesome experience.

Most of the gameplay stuff you're complaining about are "issues" which have been there since AC1, so frankly I don't know how you've lasted through 5 games. How bout just don't play it anymore since you clearly don't like it. I hate FPS games but I don't spend my time railing on people about it on CoD boards, I just don't play them. Makes sense, right?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Guys, please remember to refrain from posting spoilers, these need to be tagged and posted in Hints and Tips.

hyatari
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Ah It seems I cannot get through your thick head, and not only that, but you`re also a parrot that repeats words to sound smart hmm What to do... Hmm

I`ll just call you Ignorant then:) ( Seeing as you do not wish to drop the name "fan boy") I like it. Suits you..

Believe me, being called 'ignorant' or 'thick' by you is a backhanded compliment, haha.

Crazy_Vantage
11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Stop calling people who think the game is perfect Fan Boys...That clear enough for your head ??

Hyatari is right though. If you say a game is perfect then you are a fanboy, because a reasonable person would say "Yes this game has flaws but I love it because it's great in so many other areas." Either not admitting that there's flaws or simply saying they don't matter is fanboyish behaviour.

On the other hand I don't think anyone here is saying the game is perfect. A lot of people like myself think it's absolutely fantastic, probably GOTY, but realise there are quite a few flaws in the game too.

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
*Bark* *Bark*
What`s that, Boy ? You Hungry ? Here`s a Biscuit..

Mate, who the hell are you to call this fan boy and this not ? Huh ? Based on what ? Your standards ?? Sorry to break it to you, but no one ever said the game was perfect. We all posted our complaints in the feedback thread.

No game is perfect and no one ever claimed AC III was. You`re just mad that people like a game you very much despise. (Oh Wow.. I really need to understand your Language, what`s it called Uhh Crap ? Something like that)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Guys, please refrain from insults, these will not be tolerated.

hyatari
11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Haha, the insults are great. The best one so far...."(Oh Wow.. I really need to understand your Language, what`s it called Uhh Crap ? Something like that)"

Genius.

zhengyingli
11-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Most of those reviewers are pretty much ACII fans rather than AC fans in general who were expecting another ACII, especially IGN's reviewer. On the Game Informer podcast's extremely well done discussion on ACIII, the reviewer, who gave the game a 9.5, really sounds like an AC fan, in that he loves all the games while admitting their flaws. In summary of the podcast, he thinks this buggy game doesn't deserve its points being slashed too much because of its ambitious nature. Really, listen to it.

hyatari
11-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I still don't get how this game is 'ambitious'? I don't feel it at all. Some people are giving it carte blanche for simply being big. Nah, it would have been far more ambitious if the gameplay was smoother and more original. Scripted combat is dated as all hell.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm into Sequence 4 now and I have to say, I don't get how anyone isn't loving this game !? And this is coming from a rabid EZIO fan :p I didn't think I would be able to fall in love w/ it becuz I miss his character so much.
I'll give people some lenience if they have nasty bug issues but sorry, to hate on it & bag on AC Devs, you're full of crap my friends. Sorry.
This has the total AC vibe - I was just synching the map.... chased after 2 couriers.... had to run from some soldiers.... brought back good memories.

At the end of Seq. 3, you get out of the Animus & go back to Desmond, I checked his mail (receiving messages) & there's a note there from "Rebecca" to Desmond & it's basically to us fans listing all the things they did & changed & sometimes why with the release date on it of Oct. 30, 2012.
Interesting stuff and I thought that was SO kool of them to include.

You guys are nuts to think this sucks at least so far - I'm more impressed with each sequence as the story intensifies & gets deeper.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm into Sequence 4 now and I have to say, I don't get how anyone isn't loving this game !? And this is coming from a rabid EZIO fan :p I didn't think I would be able to fall in love w/ it becuz I miss his character so much.
I'll give people some lenience if they have nasty bug issues but sorry, to hate on it & bag on AC Devs, you're full of crap my friends. Sorry.
This has the total AC vibe - I was just synching the map.... chased after 2 couriers.... had to run from some soldiers.... brought back good memories.

At the end of Seq. 3, you get out of the Animus & go back to Desmond, I checked his mail (receiving messages) & there's a note there from "Rebecca" to Desmond & it's basically to us fans listing all the things they did & changed & sometimes why with the release date on it of Oct. 30, 2012.
Interesting stuff and I thought that was SO kool of them to include.

You guys are nuts to think this sucks at least so far - I'm more impressed with each sequence as the story intensifies & gets deeper.

Well, maybe you got lucky.
Many people are experiencing major bugs including a big lump on Desmond's back.
It kinda ruins the experience to be honest.

SaintHedgehog
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM

So far, no glitches and bugs. Other than my character sometimes random grab objects (ladders, windows, edges, etc.) but that be a problem thought out the series.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
So far, no glitches and bugs. Other than my character sometimes random grab objects (ladders, windows, edges, etc.) but that be a problem thought out the series.

I don't agree with you.

It looks like Connor is jumping much quicker on stuff you don't want to jump on than in previous AC games because of the new freerunning controls with just one button.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Well, maybe you got lucky.
Many people are experiencing major bugs including a big lump on Desmond's back.
It kinda ruins the experience to be honest.

Which I totally feel for you on and mentioned that I can understand it for those suffering the game breakage.
I never heard about the Desmond hump -maybe he had a tumor. The patch can fix him up hopefully. :/

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Which I totally feel for you on and mentioned that I can understand it for those suffering the game breakage.
I never heard about the Desmond hump -maybe he had a tumor. The patch can fix him up hopefully. :/

No.

I downloaded the day one patch before playing the game so...
The lump is clipping through his backpack actually. Really ugly.

weebunnie
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I think that in condensing the button command use for every single little motion & movement you make, that's ended up happening. In my mission to sabotage a couple cannons, I was running to get to some cover & he ends up jumping onto everything in his path - crates, ledges, etc. & I ended up climbing a wall instead of ducking in some brush or missing the haystack.
In making climbing so much easier, I think that's the negative result that he automatically does that? But then it saves me the tedious & annoying climbing commands at the same time & it helped keep me from being discovered a few times since he honed right in on the ladder I wanted to climb just in time.

As for the industry stuff - I don't know the full cost, amount of work or deadlines they run into to put high end games out (if you notice, the expectations of gamers get higher and higher and as we see that on the rise, it puts companies in a predicament to deliver or else they get attacked for that too), but then if it's the standard as you say, this is common and to just be expected with most games today so why relentlessly take it out on them.

I did think condensing the controls would also be helpful but it might just be me in an avg player struggling since I've always had to master the intricate ways of the new commands not to be discovered. Chasing Hinkley almost had me packing up the game since I kept running up the barrel on a corner...then realized short cutting him and then retrying multiple times to realize, target+B to tackle him.

As for the industry, you raise a valid point but can you lower your expectations? When I saw the concept of this game I was so excited. Playing it now though, again while it's addicting and entertaining its still very very hard to look away from the concept (what you see they are trying to achieve) and then being llet down as to how this game does not flow easily (again, targeting industry practice not specific devs).

My example is pretty much the cutscenes. I love a good story, relish a great one but for example the battle at bunker hill, I'm getting excited listening to the general/major/whatever and suddenly it just BAM cuts, ends and the whole 'here we go we have to reload' happens. It literally leaves me thinking, did my box hiccup, glitch or crash the way it ends so abruptly....feeling like watching a murder/mystery and just as the detective is about to announce the murderer, the power goes out for 10 seconds and returns to see the culprit handcuffed, bagged and tagged and left going what happened?

Anyway, in NY now and just getting more confused as to the story since it feels so hollow, like Connor never grew up...sidebar - maybe hearing his child voice still speaking when I'm skinning prey as an adult has something to do with it but not convinced. I'll finish it but I'm not even remotely interested in synching completely or quest for items like in the previous versions. I think this one ACIII will be the one gathering dust on my shelf as I play the others over and over.

Jesur22
11-04-2012, 10:44 AM
THIS GAME IS PERFECT..
There is no other games that is so beautiful and so much to do...
If YOU playing very Horrible.. Then the game WILL be Horrible..
So play calm..
That is never happened by me..

andre982d
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBPUzmgKcU0&list=UUYvL9_bq40MsvFtO89E3Nnw& index=2&feature=plpp_video

Mr_Shade
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Don't forget to also use the pinned threads for feedback and bugs...

That's what they are there for ;)

andre982d
11-04-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz1QbS0f6LE&list=UU3rj_OqaFu02OULdG2cHmUQ& index=1&feature=plcp

AssassinGame1
11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
I have only noticed one glitch from the start of when I got the game. But will this help cover up this discussion? http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/10394/article/assassin-s-creed-3-glitches-it-s-got-a-few-bugs/#p1
There are 10 top glitches

matrikzHH
11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
THIS GAME IS PERFECT..
So play calm..

Wow. Just wow...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
After a shockingly tedious beginning, the gameplay grows on you, but I wish they had cut back the first few chapters and expanded the final half of the game. But in terms of glitches and annoyances, ACIII has to be the worst of the series - areas that can't be climbed are all over the place. There are a few places that should be easily climbable but they stop the player cold - one is a fallen tree that leads to a leap of faith - you can't jump straight onto it - you have to approach from the sides, which kind of puts a damper on smooth and fast movement. Then there are the times when you're leaping from tree to tree and the game says that as long as you don't touch the 'drop' button you can't fall - BS! I fall all the time. Then there are leaps that you need to do, that you should be able to do, but that the game won't let you do unless you're in just precisely the right spot. Then there are soldiers who can see you and shoot you through buildings. Etc., etc., etc. The game is full of stuff like this. I'd like to meet the guys who did the quality control on this game.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
THIS GAME IS PERFECT..
So play calm..

Some people live in a fantasy world in which everything is perfect and full of happy teddy bears and chocolate rainbows.

That's the upside of smoking crack. The problem is, at some point you have to rejoin the rest of us in the real world.

twenty_glyphs
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I never experienced any bugs that made enough of an impression to remember while playing AC1, AC2 or ACB (though I was around to know about some of the major game-breaking bugs in Brotherhood). I had a few of the common ones in Revelations, but that wasn't a big deal (except the music bug after finishing the game). But AC3 really takes the cake. The bugs are just everywhere and occur in many different situations, so it's not like it's just one type of system that has bugs. Assassination targets in the Frontier frequently spawn inside objects where you can't reach them, and map icons for fast travel appear and disappear on a whim.

I was glad when Alex Hutchinson said they were reaching their alpha stage in March or April and how they wanted to basically ship AC3.5, thinking of how polished the game would be. I should have known not to trust a statement like that. Almost every time a developer says something like that, it ends up feeling like an exaggeration or a lie. This game is not AC3.5 by any stretch of the imagination.

Having said all that, the game is fun and incredible in a lot of ways. I even like a lot of the changes such as the free-running and combat. But the amount of bugs is really unacceptable. I would rather have a slightly scaled back game with more polish than a game with this many systems and this many bugs.