PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Ps3 : Tons of bugs

domlacroix
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Im not here to rant or anything. Ive been playing the AC serie since the one got released, did everyone of them and they are jewels. I was highly anticipating the 3 and bought it today. I played barely an hour and cant get into it, really it is terrible so far.. not because of the character (i love that british guy) or not because of the story but because of ton of graphical bugs happening everywhere. Ill try to list some to help pinpoint them and resolve them.

-The ribbon of my ponytail often stuck straight in the air or sideway straight , like a nice ---- line like that when it should fall on my back.
-Corpses often fall on the ground with one arm under them and look squeezed to a point where im laughing.
-Alot of the lipsync is not happening , two scene on the boat where the captain was talking but me and him had our mouths shut.
-Combat kill seem slow and sloppy compared to AC2, i barely noticed i was making fatal execution
-The guy that run with an apple , i followed him. He turn the corner , leaving the apple in the air then just proceed to his regular life.
-Woman in the inn. I wanted to talk to her , she bumped me back with TREMENDOUS force, almost making me fall back , dropped her broom then summoned a new one. I did it 5 times in the row , there was 4 brooms on the ground and 1 in her hands.
-Killed a soldier, his gun was stuck in the air in a shooting position
- Alot of the shooting enemies on the roof stood there doing nothing. I was dead in front of them reloading my pistol , shoot , reload , shoot , reload while they were standing straight waiting for something to happen.
-When i find the box in the fort, there is a guy coming behind me menacing me with a gun. He was doing an animation of reloading a big gun with a small pistol which was really akward.
-I didnt find the good way to walk on the cliff at that fort , went on the wall and walked side way on it, my body through wooden spikes
-I bumped a commoner with my horse and he stuck inside of it
-I touched a wooden crate with my horse on the ground , the crate got fired like a canon against a wall further away and shattered
-When the mast to set the sail , dropping near the sail made me bounce 1 meter and half in the air then fell back on it, was weird.
-The corn harvest from afar (7 meter distance) is all fuzzed and pixelised
-Getting out of the inn after the primary conversation get me teleported further in the story where i meet the guy on the fence , i was **** lost and wondered what happened ( its not a graphical bug and probably not a bug at all but it threw me off alot)
-The lighting in the inn on the second floor through the window (on the floor) is squared. Its like a dozen lighted square beside each others
-Was fighting near under the bridge in the fort and the camera had problem following me under , i made 2 execution without knowing what was going on, only following the red marker over the head , totally blind.
-Enemies making combo in their own corner. Like if you miss your first blow you should stop , no proceed hacking the corn.

So yeah , in around 30min - 1hr, i experienced all that. Im not that picky usually and let alot slides in game and smile at that but it came to a point where i couldnt connect with the game, i was thrown off by all of that.

I played AC1 on the ps3 on a 32" inch tv, was good . Played all AC2 on the PC , was awesome. Trying AC3 on the Ps3 on a 55" inch 3d TV (tried a bit the 3d but stood with the 2d since there was nothing really going on so far). I know the texture will be stretched and the shadows are really really bizzare (kind of pixelated but in a round form) but its ok , i can live with that. But most of these isnt really graphic related but gameplay related. Nothing of this is gamebreaking by itself but when i keep getting one after the other , its really hard to enter the story.

pablo2977
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I have had none of this problems and I am on ps3 but the game gets much better as u go on

domlacroix
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
lucky you then! I talked to 3 of my friends about it in the meantime. One had these kinds of troubles and the two others were fine.

Im glad to know it get better! The game is really likeable and i wont stop playing for that but its just hard to get into it with what ive described.

Edit : i heard there was a patch? I didnt see my AC3 download it when i popped in the CD. Perhaps i should try to update it?

Vega_1224
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I haven't had these problems, except for the occasional invisible wall. There is however this one viewpoint in the Frontier in Monmouth that I can not sync with because I can not get up there! The reason I can't get up there is because there is a pile of leaves and sticks where you can do the leap of faith in the same direction where you have to jump from one V shaped branch to the other. Since the pile of leaves is in front of me, my character decides to completely ignore the branch thats in front of him and do the leap of faith jump in the pile of leaves. I guess there will be no way to get all the viewpoints unless some miracle happens and the character actually decides to go for the branch.

FreshGroundFX
11-02-2012, 01:06 AM
I haven't had these problems, except for the occasional invisible wall. There is however this one viewpoint in the Frontier in Monmouth that I can not sync with because I can not get up there! The reason I can't get up there is because there is a pile of leaves and sticks where you can do the leap of faith in the same direction where you have to jump from one V shaped branch to the other. Since the pile of leaves is in front of me, my character decides to completely ignore the branch thats in front of him and do the leap of faith jump in the pile of leaves. I guess there will be no way to get all the viewpoints unless some miracle happens and the character actually decides to go for the branch.

I know sometimes you can get your character to jump where you want him by holding right trigger then tapping A and pointing the joystick in the direction you want, instead of just using right trigger for jumping. (This is for Xbox). So for PS3 I think the controls are reversed, you use the right bumper to run and like square (I don't know) to jump.

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I have experienced a crap ton of bugs/oversights (I believe my list would be as long if not longer) though none of the ones on your list. This is quite possibly one of the buggiest games I have ever played. Guess I payed $60 to be QA.

ShaneO7K
11-02-2012, 01:20 AM
I had a bug as Haythem when he was on the ship at the start that fired him flying into the sky, and of course, he died once he fell again.

rileypoole1234
11-02-2012, 02:12 AM
I've had many small bugs and glitches, but nothing game breaking. I've had some weird ones in custscenes (characters are standing in the cutscene that aren't supposed to be) and some random glitches in Boston with the townsfolk.

chezTaco
11-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I have played and beat the game, plus I love AC as my favorite game series and I have every one of them. The only thing I didn't like were some bugs on visuals, jumping, and just one that really affected me. I was tearing down a wanted poster close to the ground and i glitched in and fell to my death, but not much besides that.

MastaGengis
11-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Today i've had dogs falling out of the sky in Boston, guards joining fights actually coming out of the hay !! A ship submarined and reappeared during a naval battle and i fell into a blackhole !!!!

This is on my second run through of the game seeing as my first run through did break at 99.64% completion !!

montagemik
11-26-2012, 03:20 AM
"How many bugs will you find today ? .......Too many to count so better not play . LOL

mashroot
11-26-2012, 03:45 AM
These are the worst glitches that I've come across:

- I fell through the ground in the frontier, and kept falling until I desynchronized
- I got physically stuck inside of the post that Connor chops with the tomahawk, I had to exit the animus to get unstuck
- I got stuck waist deep in a board walk while trying to follow a target
- In the frontier, there is a cow that is frozen like a statue, and floating above a wooden fence at an akward angle
- There is a bar in Boston where you can walk through a table, two bar stools are overlapped, and the man that is supposed to sit on one of them is levitating and spinning above it
- There is a flooded section of the New York Underground where the wall texture is so messed up that it looks like a broken TV