PDA

View Full Version : Lock picking

pablo2977
11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Does anyone else find it impossible I got the door open in the first sequence but I find it impossible to unlock the chests.Am I just really bad at it or is anyone else finding difficulties (some tips would help when I have to break the lock open the two picks always slip out or the lock just doesn't break even when I repeatedly press r1)

De Filosoof
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Does anyone else find it impossible I got the door open in the first sequence but I find it impossible to unlock the chests.Am I just really bad at it or is anyone else finding difficulties (some tips would help when I have to break the lock open the two picks always slip out or the lock just doesn't break even when I repeatedly press r1)

It's pretty hard sometimes but i kinda like it actually.
Just make sure that you don't move your thumbs when pressing R1.

redka243
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Nope, I'm on xbox and its really really hard. Excessively so. I've tried some locks upwards of 20 times and failed each. The door in the opening sequence was also easy for me. I wonder if there's anything you can do to the control sensitivity to make it easier... Maybe try turning off controller vibration? Still it seems they should have done more playtesting with this and realised how many people it was going to frustrate. I hope it will get patched and i saw somewhere that there were last minute changes to lockpicking. Perhaps more changes will be implemented in the future.

TreFacTor
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I've found that killing any guard dogs or guards in the area makes lock picking easier. there was a locked box in Boston that had a dog and a few guards that couldn't see me and the lock wouldn't break. I killed the dog , and pulled a guard over a rail and two guarding the alley and was able to open the box easily next attempt.

AssassinGame1
11-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I had to try 3 or 4 times to pick the lock; yeah, it was kinda annoying...
You just have to move the analog stick until you feel vibrations