PDA

View Full Version : Naval Combat-Frigate weak spots

Laurcus
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM
So, in some missions, there's an optional objective to destroy x amount of frigates by targeting their powder kegs with the swivel guns. I know what to do, sort of, but I have no idea how to trigger this. Basically, at some point during combat, a white circle appears on the enemy frigate, and you just line up the shot to kill it. The problem is, that white circle isn't always there, and it seems to appear at random. I read a guide on the internet that says you need to damage the ships and it will appear when they're low on HP. This has not been my experience. I have actually had this appear on some ships the second I target them. And then on other ships I pick at them for like 5 minutes until they die from little bits of chip damage, and I get no weak spot.

Does anyone know how this actually works? I would love to be able to actually do this instead of just hoping I get lucky.

Blind2Society
11-03-2012, 04:22 AM
I'm having a rough go figuring this out as well. I'm have to sink 3 of 3 ships using this method and to be frank, it's really beginning to piss me off.

Sharkey1337
11-03-2012, 04:33 AM
From my experience the white circle pops up on damaged ships. I think you just need to get lucky and expose the gunpowder section on ships with a lucky shot as it doesn't seem to appear all the time.

Blind2Society
11-03-2012, 05:03 AM
And that's exactly the problem, it seems to be a crap shoot yet I have to kill 3 of only 3 ships this way. Restart, restart, restart, restart.......

Full sync is ruining AC.

Blind2Society
11-03-2012, 06:25 AM
What does that have to do with shooting the powder kegs on an enemy ship exactly?

Blind2Society
11-03-2012, 06:33 PM
So does anyone have any advice for this? I must have tried for hours last night and I'm about to start at it again.

Blind2Society
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Just thought I'd put an update here for anyone having trouble. I have progressed to the point where I can kill the two smaller ships the correct way consistently. I don't have any upgrades other than swivel ammo and wooden panels so they don't really come into play. I start by killing off the little guys, then I use chain shot to disable all three ships. Next I ram the front quarter (where the powder kegs are) of the two smaller ships. Ram each ship twice head on at half sail (on the same side) and it opens up the hull so you can shoot the kegs.

This strategy hasn't worked on the man-of-war yet. So if someone could help me with that I would be grateful.

EDIT: SUCCESS!!!! The same strategy worked on the man-of-war. Just keep ramming the front quarter and hope to get lucky I suppose.

Aphex_Tim
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
You just need to damage the front of the ships. Eventually it will expose the powder storage which you can then shoot with your swivel cannon.