PDA

View Full Version : I can't seem to get out of Notoriety Level 3 in Boston, help?

OfficerJimLahey
11-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I quit playing yesterday and once i started today, I'm automatically in Notoriety Level 3 in Boston. I'm not sure if I was in Notoriety Level 3 when I stopped playing yesterday or if it is part of the story I'm in. I have no way of going to a shop or townsman to bribe because I'm being chased as soon as I start.

Right now I'm in Sequence 5, just after Connor buys the supplies for the house. A townsman warns me to keep quiet and stay low but I can't hear anything else he is saying because of instantly being chased. I've tried doing some research but all I see Notoriety Level-based is for Sequence 6. As you can tell I'm new to AC, so any help would be appreciated.

For extra info, I'm 482 meters away from my main mission.

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
You're right now at the part the guy is explaining you the system. First thing you must do: Rip a poster. Second thing, follow him to a Herald so he's paid and notoriety lowers. Third thing, go to a print (he'll guide you/wait you there) and pay him more (:P).

It's possible you tunred off the console at the worst possible moment and the game thought you had to be on notority level 3 because the mission started (when it hasn't, according to you).

OfficerJimLahey
11-01-2012, 10:29 PM
It's possible you tunred off the console at the worst possible moment and the game thought you had to be on notority level 3 because the mission started (when it hasn't, according to you).

i'm beginning to believe that is the case. i think i remember quitting after getting desynchronized shortly after seeing Connor's father, so i probably shot myself on the foot on this. can you rip down posters while being chased? and thanks for your help!

edit: and to add, i cant even follow the guy because i'm being chased as soon as he starts talking. i wish i could just go back a mission or something

Nightmare8767
11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
You must be anonymous to interact. If you've started the mission, hide and look for nearby posters. If not, hide and start the mission.