PDA

View Full Version : Unwinnable Glitch - Help!

MrGamer262
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
This morning i recieved my copy of Assassins Creed 3, Join or Die Edition.

I didnt have time to play it until 5:00pm and only recently managed to stumble my way into Sequence 2.
The offending glitch occurs in the second mission: "Johnsons Errand" in which i have to capture a chest from a fort.

It plays through fine, and seems to work... at first.
When i reach the part in which i have to blow a door with a firearm. It tells me to aim at the barrels of explosives and most of the time no aiming reticule appears and i cannot fire the weapon.

On the rare chance that it does appear and i can fire it, the game then takes me through the short fight scene inside the fort itself.
The guards are dispatched easily and the game tells me to loot their corpses for pistol rounds.
This never happens.
Not once in my many attempts at completeing this level have i managed to even have the option pop up on my heads up display kindly announcing that my character is able to loot.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Please advise.

Side note:
I have not been able to connect to xbox live due to the dashboard update.
I have already contacted microsoft and they say they shall sort it out, but that is not the point.

In the thread marked "AC3 : Day One Patch notes" it says that a patch would be available had xbox live been working.
Would the patch solve problems like this?

Master_Dyne
11-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Loot should be on the O button or the B on 360. Just stand over a body and hold it down. Are you just tapping the button maybe?

BBALive
11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
If you stand over a corpse you should be able to hold B to loot them.

Also, to bring up the aiming reticule you have to press LT.

MrGamer262
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I know.
Thats what i have done on both those occasions.