PDA

View Full Version : to the people who have finished ac3, or have played enough to give a valid judgement

Radman500
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
AC2 or AC3 which one did you have more fun with?

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 09:53 PM
AC 3 by FAR

JumboBus
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
The gameplay is more fun in AC3 but I still had more fun with AC2, not sure why

De Filosoof
11-01-2012, 10:03 PM
AC2 by far for me.

AC2:
- More mystery
- Awesome tombs with intriguing side story
- Better soundtrack
- Assassination target videos ( thought this would return in AC3 in a more awesome way since it has the animus 3.0 in it, but no...)
- !! Glyphs !!
- Better atmosphere
- A lot less glitchy (Biggest glitch i had in AC2 was the enemy spawning glitch with carnival, and it was one of the best glitches ever)
- Better setting
- More enjoyable assassination targets

AC3:
- Better animations
- Different seasons are awesome
- Tree climbing. Awesome.
- Controls for freerunning feel too dumbed down.
- More clipping issues than ever before
- I like the fact that Connor is a humble person but feels really ignorant and impulsive in a weird way sometimes.
- MANY glitches
- Gamebreaking bugs (never had this in any AC game before)
- unclear side objectives in combination with side objective glitches.
- The storyline feels cramped.
- Feels like it's made by a completely different team

My AC2 score: 9.5 My AC3 score: 8 -

pablo2977
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Assassins creed 3 is so glitchy but...........................................I love it it's the best game I have ever played

wesrale
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
AC2 was done better, but Ezio got so old (literally and figuratively) that the "anyone but x" sentiment was pretty much uniform in the community after revelations.

AC3 had more fluid and interesting gameplay and environment, but AC2's setting/targets were just superior and Ezio was much more of a charming character....Connor and Hayworth were more dramatic/serious but just as awesome. Also, I think also having a whole community of assassins in AC2 set it apart from 3. In 3 you were pretty much on your own which felt a little disjointed. If Connor was not Native American and the story was not so emotional, I think it would have been a big fail (in my opinion).

Rob1610
11-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Tough call. Assassins Creed 3 is is great in every way, but it does change or remove things we were used to. All AC2 changed or removed was the mission structure. I prefer AC2 simply for that fact, but AC3 is still the best in the series.

fatalwound187
11-04-2012, 05:03 AM
AC3 hands down...

CPMCG
11-04-2012, 05:08 AM
I've had more fun in ac3 than 2 . But story wise just ac2 not bh or revelations , ac2-9/10 ac3-1/10

TrueAssassin77
11-04-2012, 05:10 AM
hmmmm. AC3... if any of you think AC2, you should dive into the naval warefare of AC3... trust me, that is awesome as hell

Howdoyoupurr
11-04-2012, 05:43 AM
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ac2 was not buggy I have beat the game Ac3. What I have noticed besides bugs all over the place. The biggest issue I have seen on the forums is with the homestead missions where people do not realize that you have to do the conversation missions so to speak because the homestead and the conversation icons are interchangable If you do not have any homestead missions popping up check for conversation icons. If you do not have conversation icons or homestead missions then you have reached the max you can get for that chapter so goto the next one. I could list when you get them for each chapter but that would be a major spoiler so would get my post deleted. The Navel missions are very very nice however make sure when you goto do a naval mission you DO NOT just talk to the guy you goto the table and check the ledger to by your naval upgrades. LOTS of people are not even realizing its there so they are not upgrading their ships for all upgrades costs about 100k. The Hunting is not bad you get Free money while exploring whenever you run into any of the 3 predators and a certain antlered prey doing the button mini game. bears and ******s which are SUPER slow so easy to catch. are ironically make you the most money.but only if you do not damage the pelts then they are worth 1/ 10th the price. When going for money the biggest and simplest money maker is selling pelts even into late game. But if you do not take out the forts you have to pay taxs on your land convoys which sucks a little so thats easy enough to fix. I actually beat the entire GAME without using my assassin recruits at all since I couldn't figure out how to use them. For those of you who end up having this same problem how you do it is this.for ps3 you his L2 choose the assassin option you want then to activate it (within a city) click L2 again to activate it. and L2 then Square to send them off on missions to upgrade. It added a few new assassin options. The coolest being Bodyguard and ambush. Bodyguard makes it so any enemy that starts to look your way whatever assassin is around you immediately attacks them. Marksman is the most powerful of the abilities but it uses all of your assassin tokens to it can be wiser to choose other options like the simply normal assassinate which only used one of the 6 tokens at a time. the max level I thought would be 4 threat levels but its only 3 and if your wise you won't ever keep it at that level they spawn ya an enemy that sucks that you can only do counter disarms on or they kill you. smirks if you have not done it yet wont ruin it for you. I do like the economy in this game. However do not make the Mistake of selling off your stuff directly to the stores. One of the crafting catagories is making animal products. It is safe to sell the pelts only however a few are still needed for crafting items so suggest only selling BEAR be avers and WOLF pelts and keeping the rest for crafting for later. I did not realize this until later so I had to go out hunting for certain things to craft items which I could have avoided. when you unlock and selling any pelts you get through the land and late game the navel convoys. get as soon as possible they are the real game money makers. that is it for now. ac2 **** that was a long time ago I played that. The fighting system is a bit better in ac3 with more available options and counters but it gets old pretty fast if they did not have 6 enemy class types which require different counters depending on it you fighting regulars (have musket) scouts (daggers) officers (swords) grenadiers (heavy weapon users Axe etc) and then the elite units you get when you have 3 notoriety which require no mistakes when fighting and have a tendency to break your kill combos. UGGG and having to hit different combos depending on which is actively attacking you and using disarm when a line is about to shoot you to use as a human shield the battles would be pretty old over all its pretty good. and in ac3 you can choose to play in ac2 style with hidden blades and daggers for short weapons or the hatchets with the bow and arrow it allows you 2 different styles of play so multiple combonations for options with the guns and arrows creating totally different tactics. when it comes to the fighting itself ac3 is the better of the 2 by far. When it comes to story Ac2 kicks its *** hands down. However Ac3 has SO MUCH to do it still makes it a close race. So over all I like ac3 then brotherhood then revelations then ac2 original. It would have been nice if they kept the bombs from the previous game. that feature is on par with what they did in this game ac3. So thats my opinion. I hope I awnsered your question in enough detail to explain why I choose ac3 above the rest in the series,

Jexx21
11-04-2012, 05:45 AM
I give ac2 a f/23g

I give ac3 a 20/-45

Black_Widow9
11-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D
Please make sure you posting in the correct Forum directed to you by the Sticky and Announcement if you are posting Spoilers.
AC Hints and Tips Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

You may also want to edit it with paragraphs so it is easier to read.

Turul.
11-04-2012, 06:27 AM
here's my list:

ACB>AC2=AC3>ACR>AC1

-ACB will probably always be my favorite for multiple reasons, nostalgia, story, rome, polish, ezio, and i loved killing cesare
-AC2 was such a great jump from ac1 and had so many new things and amazing moments, and its where we first met ezio, rennisance <3
-AC3 had probably the most interesting story while in the animus. the morality of the whole revolution and the different factions was incredible.great gameplay as well but glitchy beyond belief
-ACR had great polish and had some nice moments, and bomb crafting was pretty neat and usefull, but story wise it was lackluster, and short
-AC1 a introduction into a whole new genre that had a story not always found in video games, in a time period rarely visited. repetitive, but groundbreaking.