PDA

View Full Version : Glitchiest release in a very long time.

patwars
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Why exactly is this game so glitchy? Did they spend absolutely no time playtesting? First of all there's stuff like the miserable attempts at lip syncing with occasions where characters mouths do not even open. This happens alot for the cutscene with the boat captain telling you to go below deck. Then theres the constant visual gltiches, entire handfuls of NPC's popping in and out inches in front of your character. Then there's just plain bad pathing and collision detection where you can knock a enemy on to a barrel somehow and he'll get stuck running in place, or NPC's get stuck walking in a small circle over and over.

Some things also just don't make sense, i mean in the games first assassination you pull a ring off of a GLOVED hand, was he wearing a ring over his bloody glove? If you have the bow equipped and jump off a ledge the bow just disappears, even in AC:Rev he would quickly put the crossbow away. Rebecca also wont stop talking through this walkie talkie filter, even though im standing right next to her, ALL OF HER DIALOGUE is in this tinny voice.

It's true that none of these glitches are game breaking but they definitely completely ruin the atmosphere when you see a redcoat dancing because his pathing is broken.

And this is all with the day one patch which supposedly fixes a whopping 40+ glitches, which just shows how badly this game needed to be tested still.

Baroni 88
11-01-2012, 09:27 PM
^This. Too many glitches that ruin stealth and NPC Assassination attempts. : / Trying to move past it though.

patwars
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I mean it's stuff like this
http://i47.tinypic.com/2el6q13.jpg

That completely ruins any immersion.

Angreh Penguin
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Clearly you've never played skyrim

Baroni 88
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
I've definitely played skyrim. But I've also played the past AC games and they were never like this. It's what happens when you put so much into one game with little attention to the way it would all work together. I would much rather quality than quantity in a game.

De Filosoof
11-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Many glitches indeed.

I have this weird glitch with Desmond. He has some kind of huge lump on his back. It's very ugly and it's going through his backpack.
I also had many "mission breaking" glitches, especially in the first 5 sequences of the game
Did you guys also notice how clothes clip through the horses?
It's weird because there's a mission with a guy with you on 1 horse and his glothes bend over the horse's ***...So it's possible.

patwars
11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
The thing is seeing as i reached sequence six in just 5 hours, even if they ever do fix it, ill probably already be done with the game. So dissapointed.

HisShadowX
11-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Many glitches indeed.

I have this weird glitch with Desmond. He has some kind of huge lump on his back. It's very ugly and it's going through his backpack.
I also had many "mission breaking" glitches, especially in the first 5 sequences of the game
Did you guys also notice how clothes clip through the horses?
It's weird because there's a mission with a guy with you on 1 horse and his glothes bend over the horse's ***...So it's possible.

It seems all player models are hunched over in a brawler animation its pretty bad and it makes Desmond look like a hunchback

De Filosoof
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
It seems all player models are hunched over in a brawler animation its pretty bad and it makes Desmond look like a hunchback

Yeah, the character modelīs faces are pretty different but thatīs not even bothering me that much.
The atmosphere of the game (modern day and American revolution) feels very different from previous AC games.
And i don't mean different in a positive way.

BBALive
11-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I've definitely played skyrim. But I've also played the past AC games and they were never like this. It's what happens when you put so much into one game with little attention to the way it would all work together. I would much rather quality than quantity in a game.

No, this is what happens when you try to put a large amount of content and detail into a game that has to work on 7 year old hardware. They've already stated that it's a miracle they got the game to even function on current-gen consoles, nevermind make it bug-free.

They'll probably be rolling out the patches in the weeks and months to come. I'm sure that the PC version will be less buggy anyway.

patwars
11-01-2012, 10:10 PM
The thing is though, that all the AC2 era games actually looked far better because they didnt try to use what wasn't there. There was no texture pop in and lag, there wasn't CONSTANT npc pop in and the floor textures weren't garbage. They tried to make the game look a certain way and the hardware just wasn't there, Nobody ever said AC2 era looked ugly, but people are definitely saying a thing or two about AC3.