PDA

View Full Version : Which Game Has Better Graphics: AC3 or Red Dead Redemption?

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm deciding between the two. Also, which one has a better wilderness in terms of graphics, layout, things to do and look at?

StatewidePanda
11-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Assassin's creed 3 has better graphics in my opinion, red dead is a very pretty looking game in parts, as is assassin's creed, but i would have to go for assassin's creed based on looks alone

AssassinVenice
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Faces, animations, cloth physics: ACIII

Environments, horses, water: Red Dead Redemption

AeroElim
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Not sure if you're serious OP, but they are COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY different games. One is like $5-10, one is $60. Why would you choose between them? They are both great, but why would you post on Ubisoft forums in the Assassin's Creed General Discussion if you should buy a couple year old Rockstar game or a Ubisoft game that came out this week.

The only similarity is that (for the most part) they are open-world, but Assassin's Creed and RDR have no similarities beyond that. Other than that you can kill animals, but... yea.

Why are you trying to compare such different games? That's like Halo and Call of Duty. It's just different. Should I get WoW or SCII? Silly question.

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Faces, animations, cloth physics: ACIII

Environments, horses, water: Red Dead Redemption

Environments is a big deal in an open world game...hmmm, idk which one I should buy. I only have time to play one.

AeroElim
11-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Environments is a big deal in an open world game...hmmm, idk which one I should buy. I only have time to play one.

Time can always be made, it is not a race.

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Time can always be made, it is not a race.

Yeah but I dont want to spend so much time playing Xbox.

luckyto
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
It really comes down to which story you are interested in. I"d say RDR's graphics are slightly better because they have less pop-in and tearing; but they are also a LOT less complex. But the two are a virtual tie. AC3 really excels. There are moments of sheer beauty, same for RDR. So, it comes down to story preference. Honestly, I'd say both games are a MUST OWN.

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It really comes down to which story you are interested in. I"d say RDR's graphics are slightly better because they have less pop-in and tearing; but they are also a LOT less complex. But the two are a virtual tie. AC3 really excels. There are moments of sheer beauty, same for RDR. So, it comes down to story preference. Honestly, I'd say both games are a MUST OWN.

The frontier of AC3 looks really uniform and less varied. The gameplay I've seen just shows trees on trees on trees. RDR seems to have varied terrain and cool geological formations.

luckyto
11-01-2012, 09:49 PM
The frontier of AC3 looks really uniform and less varied. The gameplay I've seen just shows trees on trees on trees. RDR seems to have varied terrain and cool geological formations.

Not at all. AC3 has many varied environments. Plus you add the fact that you have the open ocean and huge weather environments, AND add several cities (Boston in 1776); and AC3 easily competes. I am a huge RDR fan. I never thought I'd get a game close. AC3 competes on even ground. Perhaps RDR has a few more different 'terrains'; but really, when it comes to your scenery and surroundings --- AC3 is on par. And, AC3's is much more complex. There's no getting in trees or climbing cliffs or swimming in streams in RDR. RDR is great, but it's fair to say that AC3 holds it own.

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Do not talk about a game you have not even played xD

OP. Uncharted 3

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Do not talk about a game you have not even played xD

OP. Uncharted 3

Have you played Super Mario? Have you played all of the Call of Duty games? Have you played Uncharted 3? Don't be a hypocrite.

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Have you played Super Mario? Have you played all of the Call of Duty games? Have you played Uncharted 3? Don't be a hypocrite.
Yes I have.. don't be an Idiot

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Ac3

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes I have.. don't be an Idiot

LMAO. Sure, buddy. You've played all the COD games, as in explored all their features? With you being such a COD hater that'd surprise me.

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM
LMAO. Sure, buddy. You've played all the COD games, as in explored all their features? With you being such a COD hater that'd surprise me.
Do not make allegations you`re not even sure of..

I have not played all of them, just Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops. and I hated them with a passion. So unlike you, Iv actually played the games and know what I`m talking about..and do not buddy me, I just called you an Idiot..

luckyto
11-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Don't troll him. It's unnecessary.

He SAID he only saw videos. That's why he came here and asked the question about the graphics and the environments. He wanted a helping hand and some advice --- not a hard time.

ACSineQuaNon
11-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Do not make allegations you`re not even sure of..

I have not played all of them, just Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops. and I hated them with a passion. So unlike you, Iv actually played the games and know what I`m talking about..and do not buddy me, I just called you an Idiot..

Allegations? I called you a COD hater because I've seen you bash the franchise multiple times. Anyway, you just said it yourself. You hate the games "with a passion."

ACSineQuaNon
11-02-2012, 05:42 AM
bump

Assassin_M
11-02-2012, 05:45 AM
bump
Bumping is against the rules..

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Overall visuals, my vote goes to RDR.

Jexx21
11-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I would get both games. If you have enough time to ask random people on the internet which game is better, you have enough time to play both.

Blind2Society
11-02-2012, 06:59 AM
If deciding between the two (and I can't believe I'm saying this) geth RDR. But I would also advise getting AC3 down the road when they fix the astronomical amount of bugs. Save yourself from paying $60 to be QA.

EDIT: a bit of ME3 coming through there.

projectpat06
11-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Well, I haven't finished AC3, but to put RDR in perspective, it has been by far my favorite game and for good reason. There really isn't anything to complain about it, and really everything is stunning. But seriously, I would go with both. AC3 is incredible. It's on the same level as RDR but just a different level. The epicness of both are the same where you constantly think this is awesome. But for me, I loved experiencing everything I've ever seen or known about he wild west, and I also love experiencing the American Revolution, colonial life, epic ship battle, and native american culture. There are bugs in ac3 but RDR had them too until they were patched. If you can't get both right now and you haven't played any of the other assassin's creeds, I would play RDR first and the zombie dlc of course. You'll prob play this for a long time, but see if you can pick up ac3 during the black friday or cyber monday sales later this month since they usually have new games for half off

GuZZ33
11-02-2012, 10:36 AM
would also advise getting AC3 down the road when they fix the astronomical amount of bugs.
I'm a PC gamer mainly but i do have the 360 and ps3 slim consoles that i play games on now and then and i have to say the Anvil Next technology in AC3 is great imho. But more to the point about your quote on "astronomical amount of bugs", is yours and others consoles over heating maybe?. I can't quite remember what stage i'm at in AC3 i do remember saving some damsel in distress and carrying her to achilles davenports place. Anyway, i don't recall seeing any major or even minor glitches or game breaking bugs so far, so, do these bugs appear later in the game or something?.