PDA

View Full Version : Human Shield?

luckyto
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
For some reason, I'm having some problem doing this?

It said to use X (on PS3). I'm doing it but I keep swiping the legs or knocking weapons out of their hands. I never just grab the person and put them in a stranglehold. Will it only work when people are about to fir? Do I have to counter first or use any other button? Do I hold X down rather than tap it quickly? Do I need to get extremely close to the person I'm trying to grab or normal attack distance?

Any light shed would be great.

HisShadowX
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Its not just you I did it right five times and it put me into the 50% world wide of people who could actually do it. (You get a system notice message in game) honestly just press X and hope for the best. The controls are horrible and the map interface is god awful. It looks like the developers were aiming to please the Hardcore Minority who like tough as nails games and like a person who likes S&M and getting kicked in the you know where it gives them the same feeling except they call it an "accomplishment"

StatewidePanda
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
You just need to press X once, no other buttons. It only works when there are yellow arrows over the people's heads as they prepare to fire and you obviously need to be near to somebody. The only trouble i had with the firing lines was not noticing the yellow arrows or killing everyone and hiving nobody left to meat shield with.

BK-110
11-01-2012, 09:04 PM
When an enemy is aiming a gun at you, a yellow icon will appear over them. Once the icon has appeared, get close to another enemy and press the X button. That should do the trick.

luckyto
11-01-2012, 09:08 PM
So, I just tap it once. And I can only do it when someone is about to fire. Is it a quick tap or a long press? Do I need to step towards the target while doing it?

gothpunkboy89
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
when you see the yellow icon show up get near an enemy (like within attack distance) and press X button. you will automatically grab them and let them take the bullet(s) for you. Some times the AI is smart (or lucky) and get out of reach forcing you to take the hit.

HondaS007
11-02-2012, 12:21 AM
This one is just plain glitchey for me as well, I grasped the concept quickly, however the game just won't do it most of the time. I'm having alot of unresponsive combat issues, doesn't help that they changed the interface either.

KHRYS_24
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
So, I just tap it once. And I can only do it when someone is about to fire. Is it a quick tap or a long press? Do I need to step towards the target while doing it?

yup, you just tap "X" once and you can only do it when someone is about to fire (when you see the yellow icon above the enemies head). And yea, you need to get close to an enemy so that Connor will grab him and turn him around making a human shield.