PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to own a "bugged" copy of a game?

PlatinumSpectre
11-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Seriously, I think my AC3 copy might be bugged or something. I'm getting an alarming rate of glitches in my game. They vary from the strange (flying horses and bears that are dolice and stand around in the villages) to potentially game breaking with enemies that stretch and glitch into the sky after being assassinated, (alerting everyone, meaning mission failure). My latest glitch is that wanted posters refuse to appear.

So far bug wise I've had:

-Floating horses
-Bears that enter villages and do not attack
-animals in the frontier get stuck into scenery
-NPC's that phase through story characters during cutscenes
-Cannot interact with anything in the homestead, even though I am encouraged to press "B" to do so
-Enemies that stretch and alert everyone after being assassinated (this has only happened on one occasion)
-Complete reset of console whilst climbing a viewpoint
-Wanted posters do not appear, neither to the people you bribe
-Desmond has clipping issues and has a big "hump" on his back

And yes, I have downloaded the patch before anyone asks.

NinjaOnFire
11-01-2012, 07:39 PM
If you have a friend with the game try their disk, if the glitches still persist it is your xbox, if not then moan at wherever you bought the game from until they replace it.

projectpat06
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I think there are bugs in all of the game copies, but they will get fixed with a patch. Skyrim and even Red Dead Redemption were two massive games that had a bunch of bugs. Most of those got fixed. AC3 is a huge game compare to what the staff has worked on before so I def came into this expecting bugs and glitches for the first few months

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I've noticed a few glitches myself and there's apparently a patch out right now that's meant to fix 44 known bugs and glitches in the game. Where can i get this patch? I haven't seen anything yet.

HisShadowX
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I think there are bugs in all of the game copies, but they will get fixed with a patch. Skyrim and even Red Dead Redemption were two massive games that had a bunch of bugs. Most of those got fixed. AC3 is a huge game compare to what the staff has worked on before so I def came into this expecting bugs and glitches for the first few months

Thats like when Lionhead complained the Bethesda Softworks released a full priced GOTY edition for Morrowind when they released Fable TLC but it only added two hours of gameplay (Maybe four) and the expanions had over 60 hours of content.

Red Dead was not that worse off. Skyrim yes but not THIS bad.

De Filosoof
11-01-2012, 09:52 PM
-Desmond has clipping issues and has a big "hump" on his back

I have the same problem and it's ****ed.
I want to know how to fix this bug.