PDA

View Full Version : Turned SSI Off, now I die from predators...

Vrbas
11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Alright, I for one don't like the SSI clouding up my interface. I have always turned it off on all the games because it's too intrusive and there's SOME stuff I'd rather figure out on my own.

HOWEVER, I now realize that for some ******edly unknown reason Ubisoft decided to group animal attack quick time events into the SSI category. Which means when a wolf pounces at me and it goes into slow-mo, I have no effing clue what to do other than mash buttons, usually ending in my slow-motion induced dramatic death.

Can anyone help me out? I don't want markers and hand-holding waypoints floating around on my screen but I also don't want to die every time I come across a quick-time animal.

diwas13
11-01-2012, 07:02 PM
If the buttons in the quick time event are dynamic you're pretty much screwed. If they aren't well memorize them.

apresmode
11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Alright, I for one don't like the SSI clouding up my interface. I have always turned it off on all the games because it's too intrusive and there's SOME stuff I'd rather figure out on my own.

HOWEVER, I now realize that for some ******edly unknown reason Ubisoft decided to group animal attack quick time events into the SSI category. Which means when a wolf pounces at me and it goes into slow-mo, I have no effing clue what to do other than mash buttons, usually ending in my slow-motion induced dramatic death.

Can anyone help me out? I don't want markers and hand-holding waypoints floating around on my screen but I also don't want to die every time I come across a quick-time animal.

Wow that's really annoying. I had to turn SSI on because I couldn't shoot the barrels in that one early mission. It kind of drives me nuts telling me where to go constantly. They need to break down the UI / HUD elements more finely I think. Hopefully that's soemthign that could be fixed in a patch.

Vrbas
11-01-2012, 07:48 PM
The button combination IS dynamic... wow, I'm sorry Ubisoft but you fudged up on this one.

DSTRVCTION
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
What console are you playing on?

Vrbas
11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry, playing on the 360

DSTRVCTION
11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
I don't know if this is going to help but I'm going to post it anyways. So far I've only come across wolfs and only twice. As far as I remember, the combinations start with X followed by A, B or Y (right?). The first time it happened to me actually showed the same order of combinations as the second time, which was X - A, X - B, X - Y. Maybe you should try that out? I don't know about other animals though ..

Grandmaster_Z
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
this is terrible. should post this in the feedback thread since it is stickied by the admins