PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing Side Quest

Morpheus Beta
11-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but anyone else notice this happening after reloading a save?

Last night I encountered what seemed to be a side quest during a main quest cut scene. I needed to help several groups of locals and while doing so i failed an optional objective for my main quest. I reloaded my checkpoint to finish that objective but when i started again the 7-8 map markers showing people needing my help were gone and all i could do is finish the main quest (and optional objective that i wanted to complete). I cant help but feel like I'm missing out since i don't know if that quest will even come up again and it could be important since it came up as part of a main quest cut scene. I haven't tried replaying sequences yet, but i will after work today. I can give more details on the specifics of the quests if anyone wants to know-- i dont think they're spoilers.

Whats bothering me too is that i accidentally skipped the cut scene after helping the first local and i dont know if he stated the consequences for helping more people.

Anyone have similar experiences? I may just want to ask for spoilers for this particular quest if restarting sequences in-game doesn't help.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi, have you tried clearing cache? you can also contact Technical Support as they may have a solution, the link is in my signature.

Morpheus Beta
11-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Ubi-Mush, thanks for the response. I haven't tried clearing my cache yet, but I may try it tonight depending on how successful/time-consuming restarting the sequence is. I imagine it won't be a huge loss if I don't get it done, but since my attempt to loot bodies just before the cut scene started forced me to skip the cut scene (why are they the same button?) I don't actually know what I'm missing exactly.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll see if that works, though I know the first guy I helped was still present in my game as a quest giver...I just didn't get to the other people.