PDA

View Full Version : AC3's combat difficulty and how to increase it in your opinion?

adarwinter
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
hi everyone.

im still on the PC waiting wagon for another month and was wondering what you think about the difficulty and combat challenge of the game.

1) Is AC3 the hardest entry in the franchise or is it as easy as it has always been?

2) does the game get significantly harder after a few hours with newer enemies or is it so that as enemies get harder connor gets tougher too so it's always relatively the same difficulty?

3) if you played Sleeping dogs, is it relatively the same amount of challenge as that game (combat wise)?

4) what do you think can be done to make the game's combat harder? maybe something to do or refrain form doing for a second playthrough for added challenge?
in previous games i could refrain from upgrading armor but AC3 doesnt have armor upgrades.
maybe turning off SSI will help?
any ideas?

5) has anyone tried playing without the SSI counter icons? is it hard?

6) weren't we told many times before that health doesnt regenerate during combat? well it does. wtf?

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 04:41 PM
It's very different from previous AC games, i can say that much. It's not really difficult, but it is hard to get used to since they completely changed the combat system. Once you get the hang of it though, you'll be glad they did.

BlackRose1809
11-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I found it a bit difficult... I kinda got the hang of it recently, but it still a bit hard, I usually desync a lot.

adarwinter
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
hard because it takes time getting used to it isnt what i call hard. it only means it's hard at first and once you get used to it than it gets easier and easier. i love games that get more challenging as you keep playing. not the other way around.
when i plaed batman:AC and Sleeping dogs i died a lot in the beginning, but after a few hours i got used to the rhythm of combat and the game because really easy for 80% of the experience.
thankfully batman:AC included a game+ mode that was brilliant. sadly S.D. didnt inlcude any way to make the game harder and after finishing the game once i didnt have any incentive to play it again. a shame.

BBALive
11-01-2012, 04:57 PM
It's more difficult than previous games, but not by a huge amount. You might have some difficulty at first because you have to figure out certain archetype's weaknesses, but once you've got it down it's pretty easy.

NinjaOnFire
11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Sadly Ubi doesn't believe in difficulty levels.

natek_morzy
11-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah.. the lock system is sheeeeeeeit and the line of sight is irritating at times. i honestly like ACB better for the multiplayer combat. it's like ACR, i think they ruined it.

adarwinter
11-01-2012, 07:02 PM
i was referring to the SP combat only.

is anyone interested in trying to reply to original post point by point?