PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Connor's hood.

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
I just finished the game and found that Connor's hood can NOT be put back on after finishing the game. Instead you'll have to look at the back of his ugly shaved mohawk haircut the whole time.

Can anything be done about this?

DiiLite
11-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Try changing to a different outfit in the homestead. Once you return to a city, then the hood should pop back up.

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
No it doesn't...

y0uRNeMmEsIs696
11-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Same for me i don't like it either and in the homestead manor there should be a knife and miror where you first cut it so you can switch between haircuts. Maybe they should also put in the weapn wheel an icon where you can toggle you hood.

thanks

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Just saying, if this is some sort of glitch, it should be fixed. If it isn't... Well it should be fixed anyway. :(

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi guys, this is not a glitch.

xXRyzonXx
11-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, This is my only complaint major complaint about the game.. I don't mind the haircut, but not being able to put our hood down annoys me.

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
So this was intentionally done? That's pretty stupid if you ask me... :-/

BK-110
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Do we have any official answer to whether this is a glitch or not and whether or not they will change it? There is really no reason why he shouldn't put it on again after the story has finished...

liamr11
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey Guys, i was just about to start a thread with a solution for ubisoft relating to this problem, i'll post here before i post again in the suggestions forum:

Now i'm not sure weather or not this could be implemented in a patch, but it seems easy enoguh.

All that the R3 button does is center the camera, so what if this was instead (implemented via patch) used to toggle the hood up/down? that way we dont need to look at that ugly mohawk haircut.

deskp
11-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Maybe it is an option in one of the "animus hacks"/cheats

xXRyzonXx
11-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Someone really needs to find a glitch to put it back on.. There has to be one.

deskp
11-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Someone really needs to find a glitch to put it back on.. There has to be one.

I like it off, but not giving us options are always anoying.

LeoOfCostaRica
11-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I don't quite think that's fair. I believe it would me more reasonable to expect Ubisoft to patch this rather than having to look for a glitch that might not be there.

Seeing the multiple topics this thing has spawned, I assume it has become a big enough issue to warrant a patch.

Scystab
11-02-2012, 12:05 PM
As an Ubisoft supporter I honestly hope the forum moderators/managers will forward our thought regarding this hood incident and i hope even more that they will fix it with a patch :(

warfighter8936
11-02-2012, 09:08 PM
You should be able to get the hood on again if you just download Ezio's robes from Uplay. You get enough Uplay points to buy it just by finishing the game :D

Scystab
11-03-2012, 11:17 AM
But if i want to play Ezio, i run AC:II/B/R :) i was never fond of the outfits so i hope our cries will be loud enough. It certanly seems like this flood of whining on the forum should work :)

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Guys, we have forwarded your feedback to the developers.

andreja110s
11-03-2012, 11:52 AM

THANK YOU!!!

What happened to Ubisoft? In all of their AC trailers the assassins had their hood on, covering their eyes,... And now Connor canīt put his hood on. WTF Ubisoft???

Rithrius
11-03-2012, 01:26 PM
You should be able to get the hood on again if you just download Ezio's robes from Uplay. You get enough Uplay points to buy it just by finishing the game :D

If i wanted to use Ezio's robes i'd put AC Brotherhood in the disc tray, dude. Besides, that particular outfit doesn't really fit well in the American Revolution scenario.

Nine-Lashes
11-03-2012, 04:26 PM

I am very glad that I wasn't the only one to notice his hood being down after the game was over. If there is anyway that they can put in an option to toggle his hood, that would be nice. Connor looks about 98% less bad a** with his hood down. How can anyone call themselves an Assassin and flaunt their identity to everyone like that! :)

Thank you.

seththelegend
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
ubisoft please patch this i love connors hood this ruins the game for me

adamsocal
11-03-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/assassin-s-creed-3-fanbase-get-ubisoft-to-allow-toggling-on-off-of-connor-s-hood

lolzz19
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Please, as long as you guys try, I love you. Thanks for acctually listening to us.

Bashilir
11-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Guys, our feedback had already been submitted. We can stop whining now. Just use something else for now. Spend your time doing all Missions or something for the Homestead or something until we get more news

toni-124
11-04-2012, 03:07 AM
when will our feedback take effect and HOW SOON CAN WE EXPECT A PATCH FOR THIS

dandins
11-04-2012, 06:40 AM
no question.. connor should be able to toggle it up/down whenever he wants..

this ruined the game for me so far.. i finished the story so fast because i love it to run around and discover everything with the assassin

and hood is a must have for assassin

AU7thGear
11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks for forwarding our feedback! Tomorrow I'll jump into the Benedict Arnorld PS3 missions and after that I'm going to start my second playthrough, I want to keep getting the collectibles and other side missions but not having the hood sucks! So it will have to wait!

Scystab
11-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Thank you. Do you perhaps know if we can expect an answer from the developers, on this reguest? (regardles of the outcome, i would like to know what they said about it)

AU7thGear
11-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I can't imagine a patch will be to far off given the amount of bugs and other frustrations still infiltrating the game. Hopefully within the next week or so. So I can get back to my main save!

EpikSpartan
11-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah...I just finished the game. Connor doesn't have his hood on. I wish they would bring an update so there would be an option to put your hood back on...
This is kinda stupid. Ubisoft knows that Assassins in Assassin's Creed are known for wearing a hood and be all mysterious and all that stuff. I think Ubisoft just got lazy and forgot about it. Hopefully they would change this.

omniqix
11-04-2012, 11:11 AM
There is a solution. Not perfect, but close enough.

see here:

Assassin's Creed III: Connor's Hood (http://orcz.com/Assassin's_Creed_III:_Connor's_Hood)

FL4PPYflap
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM

Please, please, a lot of AC3 fans would very much appreciate if you could implement a way to where you can toggle Connor's hood on or off. That way, for those who like Connor without his hood on can leave it off, and those who don't like it can put it back on. Thank you!

EpikSpartan
11-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah I wish that there would be an option to put on Connor's hood. I'm just going to restart my game a gain -_- and not do the second to last mission.

yameirjaie
11-05-2012, 03:21 AM

Hi this is my first time posting here! Loving ACIII as of yet except for some minor/dismiss-able things. I also think the hood toggle would be nice, but they should allow us to go back to the hair style from the beginning of the game if we would want. Just my two cents.

AroniusMaximus
11-05-2012, 04:33 AM
^This. I want the option to grow hair AND the option for the weather to change in-game, and you would basically grow hair over those periods of time. Oh and Hood toggling.

II ezio II
11-05-2012, 06:16 AM
^This. I want the option to grow hair AND the option for the weather to change in-game, and you would basically grow hair over those periods of time. Oh and Hood toggling.

You can change the weather

Start>option>Animus Hacks(below credit) :)

yameirjaie
11-05-2012, 07:11 AM
All good ideas.. When i saw him shave his head and then continue to fingerpaint his face, i almost punched him through the tv haha. Okay not really but it wasn't a good look. Customization's always a good thing. I might be going a little farther, but what if they also let us dress up as Haytham of be Haytham (for those who actually found him interesting). Even though he's a templar and this is Assassin's Creed... Or they could put the story characters in the multiplayer like from Revelations, except we would know more of their back stories first hand so it be cooler in that sense. Rambling..

projectpat06
11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Love the mohawk with the hood down but a hood toggle would be nice just for options. But everyone complaining, try achilles outfit. It's pretty awesome.

yameirjaie
11-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Love the mohawk with the hood down but a hood toggle would be nice just for options. But everyone complaining, try achilles outfit. It's pretty awesome.

It's all good.I'm just rocking the Captain Kidd outfit. Countering the no hood idea with a hat... Aveline mode

yameirjaie
11-05-2012, 07:55 AM
You can change the weather

Start>option>Animus Hacks(below credit) :)

i think he meant that he wished the weather changed on its own so that he didn't have to do all that work to change it manually while he's playing.

JoeChambers
11-06-2012, 07:55 PM
i dont like connor looking like that i want his hoo

Wise Soviet
11-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Lets hope they will roll out the patch soon.

Great game though! Emotional and long just like Red Dead Redemption.

+ The GUI for Weapons was appalling, Ubisoft should use a wheel selection tool just like in RDR, it won't be copied or anything. Just best GUI.

TacticalKangaro
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/assassin-s-creed-3-fanbase-get-ubisoft-to-allow-toggling-on-off-of-connor-s-hood
You can sign a petition for this here.

SNO xKOBRAx
11-08-2012, 04:01 AM
An Assassin with no hood......is no Assassin at all hood toggle Ubi PLEASE!!! And get it to us soon please!

Kaschra
11-08-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm okay with hoodless Connor :/
I only wish he had his old hair cut back, I prefer it over his new one.

Spectures
11-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Patch up this please!

Thomsonator1
11-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I totally agree, and after completing the main story, I have been put off going for the 100% completion just because I don't feel badass anymore. The Right Stick Button does little so maybe use that as a toggle?

Powawolf
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I totally agree, and after completing the main story, I have been put off going for the 100% completion just because I don't feel badass anymore. The Right Stick Button does little so maybe use that as a toggle?
So you...Quited the game cause of a new haircut?
Use Achilles Robes,It "solve" the problem.

MisterEFQ
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
The more I play with out the hood, the more I like it.

Even more than the hood.

emqwerty3
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
There already is an option for changing weather. Find all the pivots and you can change the seasons and day or night too.

Bashilir
11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
There already is an option for changing weather. Find all the pivots and you can change the seasons and day or night too. And wouldn't it be even nicer if it did it on it's own?

Dixieland2012
11-09-2012, 06:30 AM
When is the **** fix for the hood coming out or is it? Does anybody know or are we Just waiting for ubi to pull their heads out of their asses

VaLhAlLa Oo
11-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Well, if u all followed the story, u might know that Connor never felt an assassin, neither always respected the Creed and neither he will: infact he just accepted Achilles help cos Juno told him to seek the <) symbol. He just wanted freedom for all the people, that is along with the purpose of the assassins' creed.
So i'm not surprised if he doesnt wear the hood, he doesnt care to compromise the Order. But, this is assassin's creed, he promised to respect and serve the order otherwise Achilles would not helped him, so he's an assassin and MUST wear hood. WE LOVE HOODIES.

VaLhAlLa Oo
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
And wouldn't it be even nicer if it did it on it's own?

yea you are right, weather should change on its own.

playassassins1
11-09-2012, 11:38 PM
And wouldn't it be even nicer if it did it on it's own?

It already does -_-

Bashilir
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM
It already does -_-

Yeah, it rains sometimes. Doesn't snow..

SilentKnife1117
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Please ubisoft fix this let us, your fans put his hood back up lt us grow his hair back, and the idea for this being the R3 button is genius

VaLhAlLa Oo
11-10-2012, 12:18 AM
It already does -_-
Lol it seems you are playing Barbie Magical World, it never snows and winter never comes.

BATTLEFREAK2112
11-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I am kinda sick of his mohawk. Some times i like having the hood of like in a store but most of the time i like the hood on. PLEASE MAKE A WAY TO put it on and off Ubisoft! If you could I qould be greatfull. I am very happy I am not the only one who feels this way.

TheBrokenPayne
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Ubisoft will release the patch on Thanksgiving day :) http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120684-Thanksgiving-Assassins-Creed-III-Patch-Promises-Lots-of-Fixes#
SPOILER: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726389-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Thanksgiving-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

arsh101
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
even though you change the outfit, it is still stupid, i mean in ac brotherhood, we've played with ezio's outfit and i don't like ackhilles's outfit too, its too old looking and i hate the hair that connor has when he wears that outfit. i like connor's outfit because its new, its stylish, but i hate his mohawk hair, why not keep him with his normal hair and put the hood on.

tepunahut
01-11-2013, 08:14 AM
you can put it back on all you have to do is enter uplay on the title screen and redeem the ezio outfit (which is ezio's outfit from brotherhood you have enough uplay points when you finish the game to get it.) go to the manor put it on take it back off and you are done you can now have connors hood on in boston new york and frontier

DTfunjumper
01-12-2013, 05:36 PM
you can put it back on all you have to do is enter uplay on the title screen and redeem the ezio outfit (which is ezio's outfit from brotherhood you have enough uplay points when you finish the game to get it.) go to the manor put it on take it back off and you are done you can now have connors hood on in boston new york and frontier

This thread has been dead for....3 months?

ToughGuy31
01-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Just saying, if this is some sort of glitch, it should be fixed. If it isn't... Well it should be fixed anyway. :(
I see you're a fan of hishe.

RobertMcSassin
01-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Um, I'm using the "Achillies' Original Outfit" you get from the end of the Homestead missions, and - unless it's a glitch itself - there's a hood when I'm in the frontier, or a crew-cut when in the homestead itself...

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
this thread is a dead subject...

There was a patch released which altered the game - if you read the older posts...

Originally after you completed the game, Connor's hood was down everywhere - due to community request - it's now down in the homestead and up everywhere else.

looking thread due to bumping a 3 month old outdated thread.