PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Why some say AC3 doesn't feel as much like AC?

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I've been reading alot of gamer comments/reviews from different sites & watching a few walkthru vids & was wondering why a few people were commenting that even tho they love AC3, it feels less like AC to them. As I was watching vids & played more into Sequence 3 this morning, I came up with some possible reasons . . .

Play Haytham for a few Sequences in the beginning

Haytham isn't dressed in the usual Assassin gear we're used to

Lacking continual background music through entire game

Location of America for Americans might not feel as foreign like past versions

Some were used to Ezio in past 3 games (whether their favorite or not)

Different map/combat mechanics/weaponry

Those were some things I noticed could be contributing to some of those feelings as far as what I've watched & experienced.
I'm still early into the game so I can't give a fair perspective on the entire game becuz obviously I haven't played it all & how far along people are in the game might be a factor as to their feelings when they made the comment?

For me, as soon as I got farther into Sequence 2 & started picking up the combat mechanics, doing the missions & using the Eagle vision, it felt just like AC to me. :D

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Sigh.. Still waiting for my PC copy. This waiting is driving me nuts..

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I totally empathize with you - I hate it too. An extra month is a really long wait. I'm really starting to get into the story & missions.

BUS DR1V3R
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
At least maybe they'll have more time to patch some of the rampant bugs.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Lets hope so..

silvermercy
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I believe that people have gotten WAY too used to playing as Ezio whether they liked all the games or not. Because, honestly, 3 games are quite a LOT!!!
Connor is a new assassin, new era, new environment, new everything...
Conclusion: people hate change instead of embracing it? LOL

BlackRose1809
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
I believe that people have gotten WAY too used to playing as Ezio whether they liked all the games or not. Because, honestly, 3 games are quite a LOT!!!

Completely agree, it doesnt feel like AC, because it's another AC. I'm still getting used to Connor's way of playing, Ezio was different to play. People just got to get used to the controls and they'll say different.

diwas13
11-01-2012, 04:31 PM
What I am looking forward to most is Connors physically capabilities. From the videos I've seen seems like he runs much faster and can also jump further, and the animations when he does is just sick. 19 more days then its AC3 in all its glory, the way its meant to be played.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
What I am looking forward to most is Connors physically capabilities. From the videos I've seen seems like he runs much faster and can also jump further, and the animations when he does is just sick. 19 more days then its AC3 in all its glory, the way its meant to be played.

PC bros ;) Its releasing on 24th here. :(

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Ezio was my main pick out of the list but then I never wanted to see Ezio go. Also the music.. in between missions, I don't hear the usual music playing in the Bg. & it feels empty at times.
Just something you get used to going on all the time.
I think that will change when I get to play Connor tho? I have to admit that I'm the type of person who hates change too but I'm in love with the AC game concept and I'm fine adapting to the changes they bring and then I'll grow fond of each Assassin in their own way and different setting.

bart578
11-01-2012, 05:12 PM

Do you guys think some or even all of the trailers, Boston especially, were done on the PC version? I can't recall seeing any framerate problems on those trailers?

I'm currently playing the Join or Die edition on the PS3 but have also pre-ordered the Freedom edition for my PC as it's a high spec machine. Will be interesting to see any big differences between the two.....

diwas13
11-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Do you guys think some or even all of the trailers, Boston especially, were done on the PC version? I can't recall seeing any framerate problems on those trailers?

I'm currently playing the Join or Die edition on the PS3 but have also pre-ordered the Freedom edition for my PC as it's a high spec machine. Will be interesting to see any big differences between the two.....

Are you kidding me if you have a high end PC the difference is worlds apart. Not only will you be running the game at <100fps(depending on your rig) you'll also be able to play at a much higher resolution, not to mention DX11 features, higher resolution textures, no textures pop-in's or jaggies etc. Trust me you'll never want to go back to playing on consoles.

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Are you kidding me if you have a high end PC the difference is worlds apart. Not only will you be running the game at <100fps(depending on your rig) you'll also be able to play at a much higher resolution, not to mention DX11 features, higher resolution textures, no textures pop-in's or jaggies etc. Trust me you'll never want to go back to playing on the PS3.

Hope its worth the wait..

Ancient Attero
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM

You will not be disappointed, trust me. I mean just the simplified climbing mechanics and the improved combat system is a joy to use. Now add in the new animations, completely new combat, and the way he uses his momentum in his his momvement and combat is so amazing.

lothario-da-be
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
It probably feels a bit diffirent because of the time period and area. most buildings are in wood and the frontier is diffirent too. The controls changed a bit and the fighting system too. But i love ac3 change keeps the series fresh.

CalgaryJay
11-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Ya pretty much all those things the OP listed plays a part I'm sure (though I definitely feel like I'm playing an AC game, not having that prob at all).

Ezio, the setting, and lack of ambient music would be my big 3. Frankly I was never overly huge on Ezio anyway, so its probably why I'm not having this problem. The setting is definitely different too, going from pure urban to almost pure rural setting, that's a big jump. But I'm loving it.

The music's the only one I would agree with as well. I think I get why they didn't want it as prevalent as previous versions; because a New World colonial, rural setting in the midst of a revolution is a lot darker & less cultural setting than, say, Renaissance era Venice, and Ubi probably wanted to keep that "darker" feel. But IMO they should have had at least a twang or 2 here & there of a period piece instrument, even subtely like how RDR did it (in the cities anyway, I like just nature in the Frontier).

It's not a big deal but it would've been a nice touch, the music was always such a good mood setter, and also helped the game feel more fast paced IMO.

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Good points

diwas13
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
****, so no more background OST huh? That sucks, everytime this played in revelations, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYj4jD2-g9k I'd just stop and take in the beauty of the game.

ProdiGurl
11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
I was the same way w/ ACB's soundtrack... nothing can top 'City of Rome' playing in a nighttime scene on the top of a building overlooking the city
*nostalgic sigh* =)
Much as I'm enjoying this game I do admit lack of free roam music leaves that part flatter - or more empty/hollow of a feeling for me.
I just never realized it would make that much of a difference till it wasn't there. I like the idea of having some music of my own play for those areas tho - I'll probly try something out & see how it works.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi ProdiGurl, your thread has been moved as it contains spoilers, please ensure you tag as spoilers and post in Hints and Tips to avoid spoiling the game for others.

Liiaam140210
11-02-2012, 05:20 PM

I dont believe its that, In a way some might have but theres alot other things that didnt seem right. I found there was alot less climbing now, also the variety of shops banks and architecture, and I didnt buy anything through the whole campaign whereas in all the others i always brought new weapons, armor and things like that.

but its not really a major problem or differences the game is amazing in its own way