PDA

View Full Version : To those who have finished AC III

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
How would you guys rate the game? Its plus points, its weak points. Whether it lived up to the hype and whether it is the best AC yet?
The reviews are kinda lower than my expectations so I'm trying to get a feel from the fans, the real people. ;)

And please keep the spoilers off, Thanks.

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
i thought this game was hands down the BEST AC game to date...it had a good story,the gameplay was good,a few glitches here and there but all in all great game...loved connors ending...desmond...demond ending was very disappointing and being the only low point in my opinion..other wise i think this game is a must buy

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for your opinion :)

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
The whole Desmond storyline was incredibly disappointing. Not much else to say.

mitava123
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Just wondering how long is the main story? Shorter/longer then Ac2?

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Just wondering how long is the main story? Shorter/longer then Ac2?

well i never beat just main story in AC2 but in AC3 did straight main missions + fast traveled sometimes clocked in 15 hours

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
The whole Desmond storyline was incredibly disappointing. Not much else to say.
How would you rate the game overall?

zerocooll21
11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Ups and downs. Good and Bad. Need to think about the ending more but deff not happy the way certain things were handled.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Please be careful of spoilers.

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
How would you rate the game overall?

They've added a ton of new things to the game without removing the basics of Assassin's Creed. The new combat system is a definite improvement over previous games, though the absence of health potions is a tad bit annoying. They completely revitalized Assassin's Creed without removing key elements, and that's a very good move. The excessive amount of glitches are quite annoying sometimes though, so bad even that there are cases when you need to reload a checkpoint.

Connor is an interesting character, though nowhere close to Ezio. I just can't relate to Connor for some reason. His background is interesting though, as is his heritage. I suppose i can't give Ezio too much credit since they did give him 3 games to develop character, whereas Connor only has one game, of which half is spent playing as Haytham and Desmond. The part of the game you play as Haytham is quite boring, in my opinion. I think that's a portion of the game everyone will be rushing through.

As for the story, i can't say too much because i'd risk spoilers, but it has some interesting moments as far as Connor's story goes. It follows a bit of a different formula than previous games. As for Desmond, like i said, it was a bit of a letdown, but maybe that's because after all these years, i'm still in the process of figuring out what the hell is up with that First Civilization stuff, and AC3 didn't make it any easier.

All things considered: 8,5/10

Evanloki
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
I thought AC III was a strong sequel ubisoft rarely disappoint with the AC series but with the bugs i almost wish they kept it back a little longer to go over them but still bloody good job :D.
But the whole reason I'm writing in is to mention the naval battle system it is for lack of a better word FLAWLESS i think there is HUGE game potential in it make the weather more difficult and the sword fighting throw more ships in and a free roam on the high seas maybe a leveling system and you have one fearsome game filled with pirates, cannons, massive ships a beautiful environment epic sword fighting and hours of fun whats not to like about that? Opinions anyone :cool:

ElderGamer1
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Ummm Bug? BUg?
BUG BUBG UBG BGUBGBUBG BGUBG BUGB!!!
YES! the game is buggy as hell for my opinion.
If a game has a stupid bag(for example a wolf that his bark sound like a DUBSTEP every time you run up to the trees) takes the whole exprience,reminding you this is a game,which was annoying,
they took out the silent double kill :O
Like,,,DAFUQ? you can't kill 2 people using the HB silently,you can do it while running but it will make noise,you have to take them one by one.
And the desmond story...What.The.****?
I'm just going to say it's one big bowl of ********.
the rest of the game is great,
I give it a 8.8.
I was dissapointed.

Grandmaster_Z
11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
i love Connor, the new combat/assination animations.
problem is, the story is getting weaker and weaker, or they are just skipping too much and asking the gamer to fill in the blanks. the side stuff is cool and all but i would rather have less side stuff and a better flowing story with less information gaps.