PDA

View Full Version : anyone worried about the length of the main narrative?

ajl992008
11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
i am currently roughly in the middle of sequence 7 and i have just reached 7 hours game time, is anyone else worried that this game is going to be short? i have done some side missions but not a lot, a couple of homestead missions, some view points, ambushing some convoys, has anyone got any recommendations on how to make the experience longer? I don't want a situation like acb where the length was too short (for me anyway). im going to lay off the main narrative for now and engage in some side missions, any specific ones i should do (ones you think are amazing)

Mad_Fox84
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
i am currently roughly in the middle of sequence 7 and i have just reached 7 hours game time, is anyone else worried that this game is going to be short? i have done some side missions but not a lot, a couple of homestead missions, some view points, ambushing some convoys, has anyone got any recommendations on how to make the experience longer? I don't want a situation like acb where the length was too short (for me anyway). im going to lay off the main narrative for now and engage in some side missions, any specific ones i should do (ones you think are amazing)
How many sequences are there?

ajl992008
11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
there are 12 sequences and apparently roughly 1-2 sequences worth of content for Desmond so worst case just say 13 sequences lets say i continue at this pace it will be a 14-15 hour campaign which is a little bit short considering a 3 year dev time and ac2 took me little more than 20 hours, acb took me 10 and acr took me 14. i was expecting a 20-25 hour campaign, but maybe im rushing it i don't know but hey maybe the later sequences are longer.

CalgaryJay
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Wow, really?? You must just be doing nothing else but sprinting from mission to mission. At the 7hr point I was still Haytham! I've put double the hours you have and I'm still on Seq 6.

You should get out & explore the area/side missions/hunting more man, there's so much other stuff to do...

TheHamsterBOOM
11-01-2012, 02:27 PM
i dunno i think you have rushed quite a bit i'm 8 hours in and am still inn seq 3 , but then again i do explore quite a bit which is fun, an i do enjoy just mashing through enemies , i am happy the combat is not so one handed now though alot more fun when there is a chance they could kill you.

i intend on squeezing this game out , so far i am enjoying it and the whole hunnting thing will set me up nicely for when tomb raider comes out lol , with the hunting they are alot alike :P

silvermercy
11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I 'm at 8 hours counting (maybe more) and I'm still in sequence 3!

DiiLite
11-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I really like the Homestead missions. The secondary cast of characters got a lot of attention this time around and I loved meeting them all. These missions also give you a lot more timw with Connor. He's a pretty funny guy in some of those missions.

Liberation missions are pretty awesome too. You can get them all displayed by going to the map and going up one filter. Each new recruit grants you a new action for your brotherhood.

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 03:19 PM
when i beat the game..i did straight main missions...fast traveled sometime..i clocked in 15 hours (:

i was trying to avoid spoilers at work next day..now im exploring and taking time

ajl992008
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
ah i see, i guess ive just rushed it too much, ill just go do some side content before carrying on to the main mission path, i guess i got too excited and rushed it tbh. ill go sync at view points to see whats around in the game world. i was just hoping that the mian narrative was longer, with my playthrough of ac2 i just went from mission to mission and that took me more than 20 hours, its just disappointing that this will be shorter, btw does anyone know how you access the 1 hour exclusive ps3 content? maybe ill go through that and a couple more missions before going back to the main narrative.

Helrain
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I did nothing but story missions up to the point that you get the Assassin's robes, and that took me around 9 hours, and I thought I was rushing!

Also there's a guy on Youtube who's done a full playthrough up to the end of Sequence 6. He's even edited out all of the traveling and exploring, and his video's equate to 7 hours!

ProdiGurl
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM
What? I'm over 10 hours and just got started into Sequence 3 - looking for Bulldog.
=-o As far as I'm concerned, I already got my money's worth out of this lol

BlackRose1809
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm almost the the last 2 sequences. I usually leave thoes and go do what I want for a while to upgrade and do all the things I have to do. :3

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
If you rush through the game going from one mission to the other, then yes, it is rather short. Try looking at ALL the content instead.

ajl992008
11-01-2012, 04:40 PM
yh... i think its safe to say i have rushed it, i won't now because i have Connors assassins robes, i wanted to wait till I got those before doing any proper exploration. and again does anyone know how to access the ps3 exclusive content? i would like to play that today.

BlackRose1809
11-01-2012, 04:44 PM
yh... i think its safe to say i have rushed it, i won't now because i have Connors assassins robes, i wanted to wait till I got those before doing any proper exploration. and again does anyone know how to access the ps3 exclusive content? i would like to play that today.

I also have that question as well... I got the season pass and the exclusive content as well... where do I get it in game?