PDA

View Full Version : I have my pistol but can't figure. Out how to draw aim and shoot

dirtydad
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm playing on xblox.I can draw my sword. I see the gun in my inventory but can't shoot it.also when I picked up a gun it just stayed in my hand.

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Just saying this would have been better suited for the help and tips. But you use the Y button and the LT to aim, hope this helped.

dirtydad
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks.I tried pressing y but the gun doesn't appear.Where do I put the gun in my wheel?

JACKofA11TradeZ
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks.I tried pressing y but the gun doesn't appear.Where do I put the gun in my wheel?
Hmmm Idk off the top of my head seeing as how I haven't played in a few days, let me play again and I'll get back to you.

StatewidePanda
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
hold RB to bring up the menu and use RS to select the pistol. The icon should now be visible in the bottom right above the equipped melee weapon; hold LT to enter free aim mode, you cant shoot randomly but once its on a target and they are highlighted in white you can press Y to shoot. Y can also be pressed when in open conflict to shoot the currently highlighted target. Hope this helped :)

Gazzaho
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
From when I bought the sword and pistol they were already assigned to slots and automatically equipped. You can bring up the weapon wheel and reassign them to Dpad positions, the gun was assigned to the left and sword to the right buttons with the hidden blade at the top. You can assign them from the wheel by selecting the melee weapons with the left stick or tools with the right stick, scroll to the gun and hit a Dpad button of you choice.

If the gun is displayed on the HUD above the sword and is loaded any highlighted target can be shot, you have to be close with the pistol, using the aim button gives a little more range but you have to manually target with it. Reloading is also confusing, I still haven't figured it out properly, I think you have to pull the aim button before the trigger button to reload, in my opinion the whole gun system is a backwards ste, either it's flakey as hell or they need to redesign it.

Aphex_Tim
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
You can only draw and fire pistols, muskets and your bow when an enemy is targeted. Tap Y to fire or hold for better accuracy.