PDA

View Full Version : Fontier Tree Viewpoints - BUGGED?

Doctor4480
11-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi all.

I'm working on getting the viewpoints in trees, and having issues getting to the correct fork.

I climb up and around, and shimmy up the crack in the bark. From the fork above that, I can only go one way, and the View Point is on the opposite branch. I've gotten a few by jumping blindly, but I'm currently on the South-Westernmost tree near a Fort, and the Leap of Faith is too close for the blind jump to work.

My question: Have I missed part of how to climb the tree correctly, is my game bugged, or am I just bad at it?

Cheers.

D4v3EightyFive
11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
It is not bugged.
You missed that from the position you were jumping blindly toward the branch you should turn 180 degrees and see some nearby branches to hang on to. Using these you can hang/swing round the log you were just standing on. From the last branch you can jump/swing towards the Y shaped branch only using R1 the whole time.

manuruler3
11-01-2012, 06:22 PM
i cant get up that exact same tree ive been trying for the past hour and i havent made it anywhere i get to a fork near the top turn around and as you said the leap of faith is to close it wont let me do anything

Rithrius
11-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I never had any problems with this.

Doctor4480
11-02-2012, 02:32 AM
It is not bugged.
You missed that from the position you were jumping blindly toward the branch you should turn 180 degrees and see some nearby branches to hang on to. Using these you can hang/swing round the log you were just standing on. From the last branch you can jump/swing towards the Y shaped branch only using R1 the whole time.

Okay, so I'm bad at the game a bit :P

However, I tried what you said, and I swing around only for the first 4 or 5 branches, and don't swing over the gap. He just keeps swinging back and forth on the same branch. And if I move camera to the left, he just Leap-of-Faith's into the leaves.

Doctor4480
11-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Nevermind, I just got it. Blimey, that was an ordeal.

Thankyou very much for the help guys.