PDA

View Full Version : Original Gamer trophy help (please)

RandomRansom
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I did a search to find if there were any tips about getting this trophy, and didn't find much of anything. Sorry if there is one, and I just haven't seen it yet.

So, I'm having trouble getting this trophy and I'm wondering if that's just because I suck at these games or if it's everyone. I did win both Morris and Fanorona on the ship to Boston in Sequence 1, but that was on beginner difficulty (so it said) and not "on the Homestead" as the trophy specifies.

I tried for HOURS... literally hours trying to win even one game of Fanorona on the Homestead with no luck (this is of course playing with no bet... for free to save myself money). Mostly, I'd get a draw (or sometimes I'd give up due to anal rapage or being down to way too few pieces or very rarely he'd win).

So my big question is, are all the board games "on the Homestead" expert level games and how do you actually win them? If you can give a strategy for each, that would be lovely (though I'd presently be happy with a strategy for Fanorona).

I've gone second, first, made the same moves to see if there's any pattern to the AI's reactions, and, thus far, I only see random, reactive, strategic moves from the AI. I'm at a loss here and beginning to wonder if this will be the first platinum I don't get for the Assassin's Creed franchise. And it's only a friggin' bronze trophy.

What the #@%$ Ubisoft? Please patch this to give us a way that isn't random awesome (seemingly perfect) gameplay from the AI. I almost feel like I have NO chance to get this trophy. This is what that chess master must have felt like when playing against the computer and losing...

RandomRansom
11-01-2012, 04:28 PM
So I'm assuming no one has this trophy, has tried to get this trophy, or they have tried and failed (leaving them without a strategy on how to get it). I mean, no one is even taking the poll...

MRNMRSPACER
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
well personally i havnt played any games at all except checkers...ill try Fanorona when i get home tonight and see what i come up with