PDA

View Full Version : What I liked, what I didn't, and bugs/issues i'd like to see patched (SPOILER ALERT)

IntoxicEIGHT
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Alright so I finished the main storyline. As I was playing through it I was jotting down some notes about what I loved, what I didn't, and some minor issues that stood out to me. I'll be coming back to this thread and adding to the list as I keep playing through side missions and exploring the game to its full extent. I can tell there's a whole lot left to do that's gonna keep me playing for awhile. Let me know if you guys had any of the same experiences or issues I did, and feel free to suggest additions to the lists that I may have forgotten or not noticed yet.

WHAT I LIKED:
-Free roam in this game is incredible. The Homestead, Frontier, and cities are massive.
-Tree Running. I was skeptical, but it is incredible
-New running system. Stops and starts, pivoting direction, side sweeping, shoving civilians instead of tripping over them
-New Combat system. No more locking on, no more mashing X button for counter, double kills when attacked by 2 at same time.
-Seasons/Weather changes. The thunder storms really impressed me
-Naval Warfare. Also skeptical beforehand, but wow, Well done Ubisoft
-Remaining undetected when under alert level 2 takes more skill. AI intelligence is a little better. (this can get annoying for some of the 100% sync requirements tho)
-board games was a neat addition
-Underground fast travel sewers you can actually explore? that's cool I guess

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:
-short van rides across continents with Desmond and the gang? (Power source missions) comon now...
-Connor doesn't get laid once or speak to any unnecessarily busty women during the entire game.
-I was really hoping that clipping issues would be eliminated in this game, but have come to realize that this will never happen on xbox 360.
-what you can and cannot climb when it comes to rock cliff faces is not very clear
-I miss the hookblade. (zip lines, flipping over guards/civilians)
-parachutes were nice for when you accidentally fell off a building. saves you from dying and desyncing
-map is difficult to see. view points don't reveal as much of the map as they did in previous games
-THE HIDDEN DUNGEON/PUZZLE/TREASURE ROOMS WERE MY FAVORITE PARTS OF THE PREVIOUS GAMES! WHAT HAPPENED UBI?!?!?
-I wish the bow had more interactivity and took more skill to use
-Buying/Selling items and weapons at the store was completely unnecessary for completing the storyline
-No armour?
-no bombcrafting? I liked the fun bombs from ACR...
-

BUGS/ISSUES THAT NEED FIXING:
-weapons clipping with the outfits (long weapons especially)
-changed outfit colors do not show in cutscenes
-the "big tree" viewpoints can be difficult to climb in some areas
-gutting animals after killing them could be a lot better. animation clips badly with larger animals
-the transition point from walking through water to having to swim is really rough. (this really bothers me)
-there is no picture of the outfits that I can look at before purchasing them. waste of money if i don't like it.
-when climbing into the back of a moving carriage, the fabric flaps do not move at all. you clip right through them. (looks terrible)
-cannot manage my inventory or remove/equip weapons. (this is just sad)
-at some point in the game I randomly lost my tomahawk?
-after I lost my tomahawk I stole a dagger from some guard and noticed that the slashing SFX were nonexistent with this weapon in combat.
-I felt that the blood stains on the faces of my victims during the assassination cut-scenes was a bit excessive (very minor annoyance)
-foggy weather really limits visibility
-twigs sticking out of ground pass right through body. If they bent a little when you walk through em, i'd be satisfied with that
-I walked up to Achilles to play him in a board game in the mansion after completing the story and there was 2 of him. lol
-a toggle for hood up/hood down when incognito would be nice.
-a more zoomed-out camera view from behind your ship in Naval warfare would be nice. Found myself ramming into rocks cuz i'm too busy lining up my shot

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Feedback Thread, mate..

First Thread, top of page

IntoxicEIGHT
11-01-2012, 07:53 AM
its a discussion and feedback thread. I was interested in the opinions of other players on the issues I brought up. Although i did post in the feedback thread as well

Assassin_M
11-01-2012, 07:56 AM
its a discussion and feedback thread. I was interested in the opinions of other players on the issues I brought up. Although i did post in the feedback thread as well
People can still discuss things in the Feedback thread, but Hey who am i to speak ? I`ll just leave it to the mods to see how to proceed..

IntoxicEIGHT
11-01-2012, 07:59 AM
sounds good

pirate1802
11-01-2012, 08:16 AM
-connor doesn't get laid once or speak to any unnecessarily busty women during the entire game.

lmao!

Krayus Korianis
11-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Clipping issues are on all consoles and PC... They'll never be gone, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Dark Link101011
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I quite enjoyed the game but my biggest issue is the hood beening down on the assassin robes and by the way the puzzle areas are the trinket collecting and unlock of areas on the ocean

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi guys, please ensure you are posting feedback and bugs in the correct threads so we don't miss them.