PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Need Lumber, Homestead not making any

shawnh1104
11-01-2012, 07:15 AM
anyone have any idea where to buy or get lumber, for some reason the homestead isn't making any lumber,they were making lumber i built some extra carts and then bam no more lumber they havent made and for several sequences im on sequence 9 i think last time i got lumber was sequence 6

Silent Running5
11-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Im having the very same problem, I rescued the guy from the river, Him and his partner went to the homestead and made four logs, and thats been it. At first i thought it just took a while, but its been a long time now and no new lumber is being made, anyone know whats going on ?

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Same here.

LetticeXvi
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
You need to go to the Homestead or General Store. Use the book that Achilles shows you about, You have to actually buy the lumber out of those books. As the homestead grows you get more too, food, lumber, ore, stuff like that.
I spent over 12 hours upgrading the homestead so you can do an absolute TON of stuff. But yes you do have to buy the materials. They're all relatively cheap. between 10-100 credits per item. Some of the returns are good though.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
You need to go to the Homestead or General Store. Use the book that Achilles shows you about, You have to actually buy the lumber out of those books. As the homestead grows you get more too, food, lumber, ore, stuff like that.
I spent over 12 hours upgrading the homestead so you can do an absolute TON of stuff. But yes you do have to buy the materials. They're all relatively cheap. between 10-100 credits per item. Some of the returns are good though.

Can you please tell me how to level up artisans?

LetticeXvi
11-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Homestead Quests. Just keep doing them all, They're not all in the Homestead either. There's a few in the frontier and 1 in Boston. if the homestead has no more quests, go to Boston. Then back to the homestead. I don't want to spoil anything, but when the inevitable happens. That's it.
Each time you do a quest, someone joins the crew, or you gain a level on an existing Artisan. There's like 5 total. A Tailor, Woodworker, Miner, Farmer, and blacksmith. Plus the Inn couple can't think of the names, but there are like 5 people to craft, and 5 or 6 (7 if you do the quests :) that you get along the way.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Homestead Quests. Just keep doing them all, They're not all in the Homestead either. There's a few in the frontier and 1 in Boston. if the homestead has no more quests, go to Boston. Then back to the homestead. I don't want to spoil anything, but when the inevitable happens. That's it.
Each time you do a quest, someone joins the crew, or you gain a level on an existing Artisan. There's like 5 total. A Tailor, Woodworker, Miner, Farmer, and blacksmith. Plus the Inn couple can't think of the names, but there are like 5 people to craft, and 5 or 6 (7 if you do the quests :) that you get along the way.

This is really bothering me because i'm already at sequence 10 and the black woman and black guy were my last.
After that i had to do a few missions. Solving the fight between the twins and rescuing the black woman from a bear.
After that, nothing.

Please help.

LetticeXvi
11-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Check Boston for a homestead mission. There should be one there to find a Tailor. Then go back to the homestead for the rest.
If you're out of Homesteads on the Homestead go to Boston. Then go back after.

greatgeek
11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Im having the very same problem, I rescued the guy from the river, Him and his partner went to the homestead and made four logs, and thats been it. At first i thought it just took a while, but its been a long time now and no new lumber is being made, anyone know whats going on ?

bug?

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Check Boston for a homestead mission. There should be one there to find a Tailor. Then go back to the homestead for the rest.
If you're out of Homesteads on the Homestead go to Boston. Then go back after.

Thanks a lot!!!! :D
Do you know in what part of Boston i can find this tailor? Because he/she doesn't show up on the map and i synced all the view points.

LetticeXvi
11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
On the Minimap it'll be a Homestead Mission Icon. She's somewhere around the center, I think. But it's definitely marked with a Homestead Mission Icon.

De Filosoof
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
On the Minimap it'll be a Homestead Mission Icon. She's somewhere around the center, I think. But it's definitely marked with a Homestead Mission Icon.

Not in my copy...
But thanks again!!

TrueAssassin77
11-02-2012, 11:34 PM
keep doinh homestead missions.

if they stop showing you homestead missions in homestead, go to boston or NY. there should be a new homestead mission in one of those cities.

complete that mission

sets off a chain reaction that makes a whole bunch of new homestead missions, that are located in homestead and lvl up your artisans

rinse and repeat

Menacing Scarab
11-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I was stuck for some time as well being unable to buy any more lumber. I was able to get past it by finding the homestead mission to recruit the farmers in the frontier. After returning to the homestead I believe my next mission that popped up there was "Burglar on the Homestead" and after completing that you can buy wood again. I hate that you can't tell where the next homestead mission is unless you are in the area where it starts.

Silent Running5
11-03-2012, 12:52 AM

Thats part of the problem, there's no lumber in the Homestead book to buy, or for that matter, any other resource either, and I've already added two lumber jack to the homestead, didn't noticed if there was any lumber in the general store, but Ill check it out, thanks

Silent Running5
11-03-2012, 12:55 AM
bug?

Not really sure yet, I'll follow up on the tips other players have put forth, I guess it could be to early in a quest chain somehow,